Axl Rose interview released tomorrow (Edit: full interview)

34 minutes ago, Original said:

Why can't Axl (or Slash or Duff) do a normal interview?  It's always some jacked up translated interview.  How about Rolling Stone magazine or whatever happened to Trunk saying he was gonna interview Axl or one of the 3?  Kurt Loder around still?  Stern? 

I guess there's no proper interviews cause they have nothing to say. You don't want to do an interview for Rolling Stones without anything to talk about. People are already angry about this random interview for some Icelandic paper cause Axl didn't say anything. Imagine him doing an interview for Rolling Stones and giving boring answers like, we haven't really been working on music, we don't really have plans for future touring at the moment etc... Imagine the outrage.

There will be interviews when they have some news.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

There will be interviews when they have some news.

Never?:lol:

They are very comfortable making millions with 30 year old music but I think they could be afraid of trying to work on new music together. 

At least the atmosphere is good so after 2 more years of touring they may be capable of getting together in the same room and discuss music. :(

*Yawn*

I'm trying to decide between Richard and Axl interviews as the less informative ones.

At least with Duff we know that there will be #Punk T Shirts to sell, and with Ashba water to drink and eyeliner to wear.

3 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I believe we’ll never get new music. 

BUT when did Axl say the words “not in this lifetime” when asked about a reunion. My memory is shit but didn’t we find out it was after the reconciliation?

I don't think it was after reconciliation (it was 2012). However, when he answered "not in this lifetime" the question was "any chance of doing a reunion tour WITH THE FULL LINEUP in the future?" It was supposedly going to happen but what we've had so far does not contradict his answer.

Back to this interview. Can someone with media connections contact the interviewer and ask him to release a transcript of what Axl was asked and what he answered in English? A translation to English that was first translated from English is not going to be very precise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

Back to this interview. Can someone with media connections contact the interviewer and ask him to release a transcript of what Axl was asked and what he answered in English? A translation to English that was first translated from English is not going to be very precise.

Yes, a translation of a translation alawys gives funny answers when you compare the original with the translation afterwards. It would be great if we could get the original!

18 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Well the management said SOYL was a brand new single so I guess its not in the cards in the near future. Sadly. Surely they must know what the fans want the most... 🤔

You can't put it on management. Axl clearly is not motivated to record new music and hasn't been for nearly a decade now.

The saddest thing is, every year that passes is another year closer to the inevitable end of GnR. I don't see Guns being able to pull it off into their 70s, seeing as Axl struggles even now to merely deliver a passable performance. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, donny said:

source ? 

Axl's the source. Before the NITL tour Axl said the next Chinese Democracy CD's were recorded. And Axl said he wanted to release 2 more Chinese Democracy CD's after the first Chinese Democracy CD from 2008. The idea was the next one in 2010 and the final one in 2012. This comes from Axl. 

Edited by Axl4ever7

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yes, a translation of a translation alawys gives funny answers when you compare the original with the translation afterwards. It would be great if we could get the original!

Probably how World War I started!

• Haha 1

I find it strange that people actually get upset and angry over the band not releasing a new album or when the band admits that they haven't even discussed the possibility of a new album . The current members have not released anything with the Guns N Roses name since 1991, so why would they suddenly become motivated to release one 27 years later  when there is nothing to gain financially? I think this tour also helped them to confirm that there Is absolutely no need to release new material In order to be successful. 

Edited by ironmt

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I find it strange that people actually get upset and angry over the band not releasing a new album or when the band admits that they haven't even discussed the possibility of a new album . The current members have not released anything with the Guns N Roses name since 1991, so why would they suddenly become motivated to release one 27 years later  when there is nothing to gain financially? I think this tour also helped them to confirm that there Is absolutely no need to release new material In order to be successful. 

Because the only reason to release an album is to make money right? Especially just after making 500 million touring

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Because the only reason to release an album is to make money right? Especially just after making 500 million touring

So why exactly does a band spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to create an album again? Do they create the album out of the goodness of their hearts or do they just not have anything better to do?

6 minutes ago, ironmt said:

So why exactly does a band spend hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to create an album again? Do they create the album out of the goodness of their hearts or do they just not have anything better to do?

I think Slash recorded guitar parts on the next Chinese Democracy CD. Instead of starting from scratch Axl should just release the next Chinese Democracy CD with Slash.

21 hours ago, Axl4ever7 said:

I think Slash recorded guitar parts on the next Chinese Democracy CD. Instead of starting from scratch Axl should just release the next Chinese Democracy CD with Slash.

agreed. use the best aaa tunes from the unreleased chinese material and build from there. im sure there's a bunch of great stuff slash and duff will sound good on and take to the next level. there's also a slash idea fortus was working on.

1 minute ago, Axl4ever7 said:

That would be interesting. I am just curious as to what leads you to believe that Slash recorded guitar parts for a future Guns N Roses album and one that will be considered Chinese Democracy 2? I am not trying to be an ass when I ask those questions, I am just wondering how you came to that conclusion. Maybe I am over looking something.

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

That would be interesting. I am just curious as to what leads you to believe that Slash recorded guitar parts for a future Guns N Roses album and one that will be considered Chinese Democracy 2? I am not trying to be an ass when I ask those questions, I am just wondering how you came to that conclusion. Maybe I am over looking something.

I read rumors Axl asking Slash if he wanted to lay down some parts on the next Chinese Democracy CD and in my opinion I think Slash did.