Axl Rose interview released tomorrow (Edit: full interview)

14 minutes ago, donny said:

not sure the "brand standards manager" would approve of that

not sure if "brand standards manager" will still be a "manager" with certain things in his criminal records, for example acting under fake identity, cyberbullying and other stuff.

14 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Nothing to talk about...The fact Slash and Axl are on a stage is still a miracle and Rolling Stone and any big magazine would put them on the front cover in a heartbeat just have the exclusive on what went down and why they're back...No questions. No new music or future would even need to be discussed

Yeah, well they've already answered that question. We would get Axl and Slash on the front cover of Rolling Stones and then the interview itself would contain answers that we already know like: "“It had a lot to do with Paul Tollet of Coachella. He started talking about it, it seemed real, so at that point, I just told my people that they could go ahead and start talking to people, and see what’s going on. As it became more real, I texted Fernando and asked for Slash’s number. Then Fernando texts his Mom and is like: ‘If this is a joke, I’m going to kill you. I called Slash but he was on tour or something. We set up when we were going to see each other, something happened to both of our plans, and that didn’t happen. Eventually in October we got together and had dinner at my house."

Of course there could be much more to that story, but it's not necessarily something that they even feel comfortable talking about. To me it feels like they've said all that they want to say about the subject. So unless there's some news concerning the future of GNR, we might not necessarily get any interesting interviews from these guys.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

björk? seriously? björk? fuck.

more probably it was like "what's the most popular music act of this country? wait, what's this country's name? hmm okay nevermind I won't remember it anyway. so what was that music act's name? huh, what? just say I like it, whatever it's called. god, I hope to be out of here soon..."

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think I've read on an article from the early CD era that Bjork was among the contemporary influences Axl wanted to incorporate in the album.

Oh@Blackstar the first glance i not realized you changed you profil pic 😆👍

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think I've read on an article from the early CD era that Bjork was among the contemporary influences Axl wanted to incorporate in the album.

oh that s the explanation why I hate CD

. I dont like music like Björk. wtf! I want hardrock. 

If he is really that much into other musical directions than GNR were in the 80 s and 90 s then I suppose its better to not have a new gnr album and slash and duff wouldnt even be willing to make an album thats not rock/metal genre. so new music won t come from this 3...

Why cant the remaining 4 discuss an album , write songs and find a decent singer and release something under another name like Afd 4?

8 minutes ago, Natty said:

oh that s the explanation why I hate CD

. I dont like music like Björk. wtf! I want hardrock. 

If he is really that much into other musical directions than GNR were in the 80 s and 90 s then I suppose its better to not have a new gnr album and slash and duff wouldnt even be willing to make an album thats not rock/metal genre. so new music won t come from this 3...

Axl liked a lot of different things, and other than hard rock, from the beginning. He liked Elton John and Billy Joel, Bauhaus, Philip Glass... I don't think that's bad at all. I'm like that too, I listen to different kinds of music, so I understand it.

I also don't think it's bad at all in itself if someone wants to branch out and incorporate different elements in their music. It depends on how well they do it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Whats the problem with you guys and Bjork? Her solo and Sugar Cubes career were among the most important alternative acts to date and seeing the route Axl went its just natural it is/was one of his influences.

Oh, and just tp point out, the Sugar Cubes were around between 86-92.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl liked a lot of different things, and other than hard rock, from the beginning. He liked Elton John and Billy Joel, Bauhaus, Philip Glass... I don't think that's bad at all. I'm like that too, I listen to different kinds of music, so I understand it.

I also don't think it's bad at all in itself if someone wants to branch out and incorporate different elements in their music. It depends on how well they do it.

I know he likes some of the artists  above but the point is that the previous albums were still rock albums and cd is just soo weird that there are songs I cannot listen to. for example if the world is so awful in my opinion I cant hear that song.

What I am trying to say is that Axl seems to have no fun to release anything a classic hardrock album would sound like cause he is more into other music now than he was in his prime time. 

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

What I am trying to say is that Axl seems to have no fun to release anything a classic hardrock album would sound like cause he is more into other music now than he was in his prime time. 

That's not the problem, I think. 

The problem is that he cant replicate the phenomena of Björk, NIN, Nirvana, etc... He never had it in him and he tried to force it with CD but it came out awful and too late.

Björk is great but her time has passed too. I dont know what music Axl is currently  into, but if it's stuff from the 90s that he is just catching up with now, he is wasting his time with that.

11 minutes ago, Natty said:

We don't know about that.

He seems to be a lot into stuff like Wichita Lineman, and in China Exchange he said that these days he listens mostly to soundtracks.

But he also went to sing with AC/DC and maybe he'll do an album with them.

Edited by Blackstar