Appetite for Distortion Ep. 76 - Marc Danzeisen, Gilby Clarke/Riverdogs

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Lawyer.

PS

He seemingly defended Susan Atkins, of the Manson Family,

Image result for Richard Caballero lawyer

That's why his name wasn't unfamiliar for me. I have studied the Manson case a couple of years ago. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, I'm sure they do. 

Are you vaguely aware with what they're saying?

The reason why is I have a feeling they'll contact team brazil - or ''gnr central'' as they call it - with ''their side of the story''.

It is the sort of thing you always tried to avoid actually (deleting criticisms of Jarmo etc), a full-blooded forum war.

PS

I feel like Kim Philby peaking in there. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you vaguely aware with what they're saying?

The reason why is I have a feeling they'll contact team brazil - or ''gnr central'' as they call it - with ''their side of the story''.

It is the sort of thing you always tried to avoid actually (deleting criticisms of Jarmo etc), a full-blooded forum war.

PS

I feel like Kim Philby peaking in there. 

No clue what they're saying. 

I know this- there's not really "sides" to this. There are tons of screen shots easily proving everything I brought up in my open letter which@downzy has already sent to Fernando.

You can't really have sides in something there's plenty of proof of lol. The screenshots include the people in question saying what they're doing and that they're doing it on behalf of Team Brazil. 

It would appear this is going to have to go to the press in order to get something done though, which is kinda sad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No clue what they're saying. 

I know this- there's not really "sides" to this. There are tons of screen shots easily proving everything I brought up in my open letter which@downzy has already sent to Fernando.

You can really have sides in something there's plenty of proof of lol. The screenshots include the people in question saying what they're doing and that they're doing it on behalf of Team Brazil. 

It would appear this is going to have to go to the press in order to get something done though, which is kinda sad. 

They have screengrabs also. 

I found the arguments set forth in the podcasts I listened to thoroughly convincing (you, Brando and the chap who was involved in the Vegas show) - you don't have to convince me. Just relaying the information. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They have screengrabs also. 

I found the arguments set forth in the podcasts I listened to thoroughly convincing (you, Brando and the chap who was involved in the Vegas show) - you don't have to convince me. Just relaying the information. 

Interesting. 

I can't imagine what they could claim to have in the way of screenshots. We're not the ones who've sold GNR leaks for money nor threatened peoples families. 

Crazy times lol 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

"Thanks to… Richard Cabarello (for keeping Axl and Slash outta jail)" (Source: AfD liner notes). What does that mean?

Likely the lawyer Vicky Hamilton set up for Axl and Slash when they had rape charges pressed against them. Vicky talked about this in her recent biography, although she did not mention Slash was also on the receiving end of such charges, which is not surprising when you take into account her antipathy for Axl and fondness for Slash. According to Vicky, Axl had consensual sex with a girl at the Gardner Studio, got angry at her, kicked her out, to which she responded by going to the police and claiming he raped her. Raz Cue says the girl had stalked Axl for about a year, and -- this is funny -- when the cops came to the studio to get Axl, she pointed at Dizzy (who was partying with the guys at Gardner) and said, "That's Axl. He raped me," leading to the police taking Dizzy away despite the crowd yelling they had the wrong guy. How a girl who had allegedly stalked Axl for a year would mistake Dizzy for Axl, is beyond me. Anyway, this part of the story can probably be checked out by asking Dizzy about the incident.

So how was Slash mixed up in all this? Who knows. But it is obvious both Axl and Slash was looked after by the police. Slash said in May 1988: That was no big deal. What happened is Axl and me were with these two girls, and they got in a sexual situation and they decided to file rape charges. Me and Axl had to borrow suits one day to go down to the police station and turn ourselves in over this crap – and when it came down to the wire, they dropped the charges because it was all bogus. We didn’t fucking do anything to them [Spin, May 1988]. Axl also confirms more than one charge in an interview in June 1986: Everyone was trying to hide it from the record company. 'Rape charge? What rape charge?' The charges were dropped eventually, but for a while we had to go into hiding. We had undercover cops and the vice squad looking for us. They were talking a mandatory five years. It kind of settled my hormones for a while [Los Angeles Times, 1986.06.07]. 

Based on this comment from Axl in March 1989, it seems like it was the same girl who pressed charges against Axl and Slash (despite Slash saying it was two different girls): I mentioned to one person about some trumped-up rape charges that we had, and that started appearing everywhere. It really wasn't that big a deal - just some old girlfriend trying to get back at us. People seem to want to believe we're really bad guys. Yeah, we've had some run-in's with the cops and we've done some strange things in our lives, but I think people are just making too much out of 'em [Hit Parader, March 1989].

Funnily enough, Izzy claimed in May 1988 that Steven also had a role in this story: It turned out that our drummer had fucked one of their mothers, so it was a complicated story [Spin, May 1988]. 

So likely a scorned girl pressed charges against Slash and Axl, but it could have been more than one girl, and it could also be more than one event leading to the charges. Did they rape her? Well, even Vicky says it was consensual and the charges were dropped, so I suppose no. 

• Like 4

^^^^

Also Vicky Hamilton had said previously that the girl was Michelle Young, which obviously wasn't true.

A couple of GnR biographies (one seems to copy the other) say that even if it was proven consensual, the girl(s) were underage, so there was still the charge of statutory rape (sex with a minor). I guess it's possible that they were underage, but I haven't found any other source for this.

One of the books, the one by Stephen Davis, says that the girl's name was Michelle (Davis' main source is Vicky Hamilton) and that Axl was the one who had slept with the girl's mother (which doesn't seem to be true, as Izzy said it was Steven). Davis mentions that the girl pointed someone else instead of Axl when the cops came to the rehearsal place. He also says that when they were signed, the rape charges were "semi-outstanding" (I don't know what this means exactly, that they were half dropped or about to be dropped?) and Geffen appointed lawyers to take care of it, as well as other issues (pending cases against Axl in Indiana and Axl's legal name change). I haven't found any other source for this either.

It should be mentioned that at the time they were signed, they were doing shows, so they weren't hiding.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

It's obviously bullshit by the way they are telling the story, lots of contradictions, at one moment it is one random girl, then two random girls, then who seems to be a random girl turns into an old girlfriend? :blink: and then they add a mother too!

They are all lying, they know what they did and if they were so innocent, why were they hiding anyway? If you never raped anyone you wouldn't be hiding. Also, they talk about delivering rape accusations like flyers in the street... No woman wants to go through that if its not true. Its such a perverted thought only assholes can come up with it.

And Vicky Hamilton saying it was "consensual" is another ridiculous statement. How in the hell would she know that? Was she there in the middle of Axl and the girl?

Liars.

11 hours ago, Fashionista said:

A little on topic since it involves Gilby: I realllyyy wish Skin N' Bones was recorded by GN'R. Imagine Axl N' Gilby dueting on it. The song has a very GN'R Lies feel and great lyrics by Gilby. Even if just as a B-Side. 

Yep. I love Pawnshop. Best of the solo/side albums IMHO. Always felt there’s a good, mid-90s Guns record to be found there with the 7-8 best tracks from that album “dirtied up” by Axl/Slash/Duff, 1-2 Snakepit songs, and an Axl ballad, etc. (if that had been the direction they wanted to go)...

• Like 1