11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

What gets me is that Axl started taking a little bow after the first chorus in This I Love during the 2009-2010 tour, because the fans were rightly applauding his great delivery of the lyrics

Now he still does the little bow when he sounds like shit 

Stop bowing, idiot

Just like most things, its just on cruise control. He probably isnt aware.

1 minute ago, SheldonR311 said:

When NITL started out they were doing those awesome little tour vignettes and posting them everywhere, and making a big deal out of Axl getting his vocal coach from the Illusion tours back and he sounded amazing.  Why would you throw away all that progress? 

He only had the vocal coach for the AC/DC gigs

I think Axl gave him front row passes for one of the GNR shows and there was a pic of him there, but he wasn't working with Axl on the GNR material

18 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

What gets me is that Axl started taking a little bow after the first chorus in This I Love during the 2009-2010 tour, because the fans were rightly applauding his great delivery of the lyrics

Now he still does the little bow when he sounds like shit 

Stop bowing, idiot

He's not bowing now.  He must be doubling over in pain because he is singing it like he's in agony.

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

check some videos.. Axls voice is really bad. nothin new.. 2018 is his worst year of the NITL Tour. 2016 was amazing but 2018 it's not good.. Nothin new.

I really have to wonder if hes kind of over it.....but then he could have said no to adding extra shows.

• Like 1

It is quite obvious that Axl's voice needs a rest. He can't sing for such a long tour especially if he sings for more than 3 hours every single night.

It is not less obvious that also, during the rests he needs, he should lose weight, improve his physical form, practice and rehearse with a vocal coach for new techniques that help him to improve or keep his voice in a good shape. But we all know that this is and impossiblity that will never happen.

• Like 2

I remember in 2013, when Aerosmith came here, the security were facing us(Aerosmith was already performing). I joked and told one to watch the concert. He said its ok cuz the night prior, Aerosmith rehearsed and its like a private show for them. He even said Steven threw him an extra water bottle for him to drink and Joe gave him a guitar pick.

Guns- no Axl on rehearsals. Wonder what he is doing while the band rehearsed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, igorsr said:

Kao i svaki Hrvat samo seres...

85% songs are Guns songs,so you're talkin shits...

Not sure I understand what you are talking about (ser)bo ;)

stara ti sere, konju, a o ovom bendu znaš koliko i ja o nuklearnoj fizici.

If we were to be cynical, people at least got to see Whitesnake for their money :)  :)  :) 

Edited by shotsfired cro

If Axls voice is as horrible as made out here, why are they still filling all the places and why is the press not calling him out on it? Why is the band not calling him on it? Either this forum is extremely critical or no one in the press has the balls to say it out loud, and for what reason not? It makes no sense.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If Axls voice is as horrible as made out here, why are they still filling all the places and why is the press not calling him out on it? Why is the band not calling him on it? Either this forum is extremely critical or no one in the press has the balls to say it out loud, and for what reason not? It makes no sense.

Cuz his reunion with Slash I think. They dont sell as much with NuGNR, right? Its when Slash came back that interest really skyrocketed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Band's under a gag order and the press doesn't want to be locked out of future interview/photo opportunities since Axl still runs the ship

27 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Cuz his reunion with Slash I think. They dont sell as much with NuGNR, right? Its when Slash came back that interest really skyrocketed.

Its swings & roundabouts. Slash wasn't playing to huge stadiums/arenas before he came back to GNR, Velvet Revolver toured but no where near as extensively as this current band and New Guns. He only seems to book theaters while on the road with Myles & the Conspirators. Even NUGNR managed to sell out the garden and other big venues.

Edited by Edward Nigma
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

Its swings & roundabouts. Slash wasn't playing to huge stadiums/arenas before he came back to GNR, Velvet Revolver toured but no where near as extensively as this current band and New Guns. He only seems to book theaters while on the road with Myles & the Conspirators. Even NUGNR managed to sell out the garden and other big venues.

Of course, Axl is carrying the GN’R name afterall. In the end, I think most people just want to hear Slash and Axl in GN’R, playing GN’R songs. They are weakened without eachother.

2 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

When NITL started out they were doing those awesome little tour vignettes and posting them everywhere, and making a big deal out of Axl getting his vocal coach from the Illusion tours back and he sounded amazing.  Why would you throw away all that progress? 

I dont know but it's a real shame. He was really in great form in 2016. What a downward spiral. He realized he didnt have to care anymore. Whatever microscope hed be under from the casual crowd and media was removed after the first reunion shows and ACDC legs. He figures he doesnt have to care or try anymore and all the positivity he had from his vocals have dissipated. We never thought hed to full rasp again after 2011-2014 and he showed us he could not only do it, but sound like AfD Axl almost (especially with Angus). There hasnt been a single vocal performance in 2017 or 2018 close to those 2016 GNR shows let alone ACDC

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

He only had the vocal coach for the AC/DC gigs

I think Axl gave him front row passes for one of the GNR shows and there was a pic of him there, but he wasn't working with Axl on the GNR material

That dude should have been on Axl's speed dial

Why is it Slash, the professional musician and in the place to pass judgement, thinks Axl does an amazing job and some of you folks are all over his ass thinking he phones it in?  I agree it's not perfect but Axl is one of the best frontmen out there.  

Yeah, don't answer that question, we've heard that broken record.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1