11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

Can Axl watch this performance and not feel completely embarrassed? I bet Fernando is still telling him how great he was. 

I never ever thought I'd feel that way about Axl. What a let down. :cry:

How the mighty have fallen. 

Edited by Sisyphus

46 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Isn't Axl always shitty in the first show back in a while? I'm not going to say he sounds great but people at the show, in the moment, probably aren't focused just on his voice. 

Yes. Always takes him time to get back into his groove 

4 hours ago, EricA said:

They aren't forced to do anything, that's not the way supply and demand works, they owe us nothing !

If people would stop going to the concerts, then the revenu would drop. Financially they would be forced to change how they handle their business. They would need to excite/motivate the fanbase (by releasing new material, or at least do something different). 

5 minutes ago, GnrJasmin92 said:

If people would stop going to the concerts, then the revenu would drop. Financially they would be forced to change how they handle their business. They would need to excite/motivate the fanbase (by releasing new material, or at least do something different). 

Comparing numbers of tickets sold, the fanbase is insignificant, the ones that complete the stadiums are the casual fans and unfortunately they give a fuck to this kinda of things like setlist and Axl’s voice (at the show we know is not that bad). Hard-core fans are a very very little fraction of the force that move this tour. All GNR hard-core fans in the world can’t fullfill an arena, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Isn't Axl always shitty in the first show back in a while? I'm not going to say he sounds great but people at the show, in the moment, probably aren't focused just on his voice. 

This always gets me.

I always notice his voice in a live setting!

The difference of January 2010 and November 2011 was shocking. I noticed it, as did the people I was with (who are not hardcore fans)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sisyphus said:

Can Axl watch this performance and not feel completely embarrassed? I bet Fernando is still telling him how great he was. 

I never ever thought I'd feel that way about Axl. What a let down. :cry:

How the mighty have fallen. 

This.

When he sounds like shit, it's noticeable at the shows. Yes, there's other things to focus on, but Axl does bring the shows down. As an example, I saw the 2nd Vegas 2016 show and I was in the 2nd-to-last row of the upper bowl, far from the stage and in a tame section of the crowd... when he hit those screams in WTTJ or LALD, or when he sang Coma or This I Love, it was fantastic. He ignited the whole crowd with moments like those. Same when I saw them in Seattle 2016. When I saw them in 2017 though, he simply wasn't bringing the same energy or performance-level. I felt outright embarrassed for him when he sang This I Love, Better, Nov Rain, etc in Vancouver. I was front row, ready to rock, and he just drained the energy at times.

This tour has gone from the 'GNR reunion tour' to the 'Slash feat. Duff & Axl Mouse tour'. And that's just sad.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If Axls voice is as horrible as made out here, why are they still filling all the places and why is the press not calling him out on it? Why is the band not calling him on it? Either this forum is extremely critical or no one in the press has the balls to say it out loud, and for what reason not? It makes no sense.

It's not a IF.  Axl sang like shit on that opening show. He's probably going to recover, but it's bullshit. I'll never go to another opening show again for gnr and nobody who actually enjoys hearing a good band should either. You are not getting the price of your ticket. Axl has to be on form, and when he's not no matter how utterly fantastic it is to see and hear Slash, the show us still a big steaming pile.

1 hour ago, blackmore said:

Axl really has to retire. He's such an emberassement.

Richard - find a new band and have fun. And Slash, continue with Myles - way better singer and more exciting shows.

you are an embarrassment.  the guy is lights out 95% of the time and always grows into tours.  level of stupidity and repetitive trends in this forum (which I generally appreciate) still boggles the mind 

• Haha 2

Axl at least looks decent ... on his standard scale.

If first shows have sucked since Go knows forever, how about Axe rehearses three full shows in the week leading up to the first gig?? It’s the same setlist, just hit the play button of the music from the last concert and rehearse to it. Come on, bro. Get a grip on yourself already. Time’s a wastin’

1 minute ago, Endless2404 said:

If Axl supposedly knows when he doesn't good (since he said he "sucked" during the Berlin concert) then why doesn't he rehearse prior to the first show of a leg? 

Can't be that important to him. He must be okay with calling the first 2/3 shows his "rehearsal", sucks for the fans paying for those shows.

Those on this forum are extremely critical but I understand you above most want and expect Axl to succeed. It's true he gets stronger as the shows progress but this was a good show. And the next shows will no doubt be stronger. He is the greatest ever frontman. Without Axl there is no GnR. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Going to rehearsals will likely not help much. That is mostly to check equipment, get a feel for venue, find golden spots where guitars sound good, practise new songs etc. 

What I think people mean is that Axl doesn't practise in his down periods, to keep his voice ready for the onslaught of three hour singing. 

I am not so sure Axl doesn't practise before shows, warms up his voice, do some scales etc. I think he does. But it is simply not going to prepare you fully for what he has to do on the stage. The only really relevant practise is belting out vocals for 2-3 hours together with a band, and he can't do that for practise. Which is why he gets better as a tour proceeds. 

So explain why rehearsals helped him before the AC/DC tour... 

• Like 3