11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

10 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Attending the show this coming Sunday. Seeing all these vids kinda kills the excitement. Fuck! Thank God theres another show before mine... hope he uses it as another rehearsal. No offense @tifalucis.

no need to be not excited.. i saw the show the week after berlin and still had a great time, saw them 3 times in 2018, every show was awesome!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

no need to be not excited.. i saw the show the week after berlin and still had a great time, saw them 3 times in 2018, every show was awesome!

This will be my 3rd show. Paris and Sao Paulo I attended. They were not the first part of the shows, but most still Mickey which I admit, kinda takes some of the enjoyment as a hardcore fan. Sometimes I wonder if I am a casual, maybe I wont notice it. I just want to hear atleast the 2016 voice I heard in vids or people here praise about.

22 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

This will be my 3rd show. Paris and Sao Paulo I attended. They were not the first part of the shows, but most still Mickey which I admit, kinda takes some of the enjoyment as a hardcore fan. Sometimes I wonder if I am a casual, maybe I wont notice it. I just want to hear atleast the 2016 voice I heard in vids or people here praise about.

For the '18 run I avoided the forums before Download (3rd show) as I could guess what was in store. At the show, I could tell Axl was rusty but I think coming here would have made it worse for me going in, If I thinking about Berlin/Odense. He will pick up but to he honest its more like 5/6 shows to get to full voice. You will enjoy the show anyway. but it may fall slightly lower than the others if they were further into a leg!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

I used to feel that way, but he's become such a shadow of his former self, I can't defend him anymore. Plus I find Slash's solo shit way more interesting than Axl puffing and wheezing through SCOM and YCBM for the 1043rd time.

Oh, I'm not defending him. I'm saying that me (or anyone else) criticizing him doesn't make us any less of a fan overall. 

1 hour ago, NicoRourke said:

True, but then it’s also funny to see that some people act surprised that you like Axl Rose on a GNR board.

Haha, fair enough! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

For the '18 run I avoided the forums before Download (3rd show) as I could guess what was in store. At the show, I could tell Axl was rusty but I think coming here would have made it worse for me going in, If I thinking about Berlin/Odense. He will pick up but to he honest its more like 5/6 shows to get to full voice. You will enjoy the show anyway. but it may fall slightly lower than the others if they were further into a leg!

Yeah I suppose. I avoided Rock in Rio show updates, cuz there might be big surprises for Brasil(Team Brasil afterall). lol. When I was in Sao Paulo, I can still guess the setlist. But oh well, it is what it is. I will  try to post pics/vids if I can this Sunday. Though I hardly use my phone. Sad its only the 3rd show of the leg. Wish it could have been at the end part. lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

and jagger is in his mid 70s
I saw the stones this year in Berlin just 3 weeks after the GNR disaster, they were mindblowing, their energy at this age after the lifestyle they lived is simply incredible

A North American Stones tour is definitely happening next year. locations and tentative dates are being knocked around at the minute. Looks like Denver is a go and Foxboro. 

Edit: Jacksonville also a likely gig

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

A North American Stones tour is definitely happening next year. locations and tentative dates are being knocked around at the minute. Looks like Denver is a go and Foxboro. 

I saw the tongues appearing everywhere, i'm really considering flying to the US from europe, cause at their age every tour could be the last

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Just stay at home and let other people enjoy his live performances.

That's what I do, actually. That's what people who criticize Axl do, I believe. Or do you think there's a group of people going to the gig site trying to stop people from entering the arena?

I don't necessarily stay home though. I know that you're probably thinking I'm a hater with no life living in someone's basement. If you see how often I post here, you'll see that's not the case. Cheers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edsonandhudson said:

That's what I do, actually. That's what people who criticize Axl do, I believe. Or do you think there's a group of people going to the gig site trying to stop people from entering the arena?

I don't necessarily stay home though. I know that you're probably thinking I'm a hater with no life living in someone's basement. If you see how often I post here, you'll see that's not the case. Cheers!

That's nice of you :)

And, haha, no, I wasn't insinuating you were a loser living in a basement.

It just annoys me when people (not just you) say they should retire, because there are still lots of people who do enjoy going to shows. I don't go around demanding people I don't like (anymore) to retire. It makes no sense at all. That is all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

I saw the tongues appearing everywhere, i'm really considering flying to the US from europe, cause at their age every tour could be the last

I caught 5 shows on the run this year and am aiming for another 3-5 on next years tour. Definitely worth the travel, and if as the rumor goes, they do multiple shows in each city, travelling is an easier option! 

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

I personally think think they should do a brand new album or hang it up. Touring into their 70s is not what i want guns to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyler Drama said:

He’s going to sound a little better at the next show and people are going to be shocked and excited. I almost feel like he purposely starts off a leg with a bad performance so there’s nowhere to go but up.

You know how it is:

1st show: "Wow Axl sounds awful; He's lost it. Guns AND Roses are DEAD"

A few shows in: "Wow Axl sounds good! November Rain and This I Love were a little off, but great show overall! Wish they would get in the studio but glad to see the shows are going well!"

Whatever. I can't wait for Hawaii.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

So AC/DC took Brian Johnson's hearing and Axl Rose's voice. Ergo -> AC/DC fucking sucks! :anger: 

You do know Mickey voice existed way before 2016. He sounds like this whenever he isnt prepared and just dials it in.

I believe he used a vocal coach in 2016 and for the acdc shows. He obviously needs to go back to using one for these 2018 shows.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think think they should do a brand new album or hang it up. Touring into their 70s is not what i want guns to be.

Touring in their 70s is fine if you have a big catalog of music and take proper preparation. Axl is the problem here his no steven tyler. He needs to get a vocal coach and learn to sing songs in a different register if he cant hit notes anymore.

15 hours ago, Lio said:

That's nice of you :)

And, haha, no, I wasn't insinuating you were a loser living in a basement.

It just annoys me when people (not just you) say they should retire, because there are still lots of people who do enjoy going to shows. I don't go around demanding people I don't like (anymore) to retire. It makes no sense at all. That is all.

lol "demanding". Just let people post whatever they want. The ignore function can protect you from the evil haters. Just click the goddamned button.

Edited by edsonandhudson

Good Lord, it pains me to see what has become of this band and Axl himself. Of all the shit that everyone gave from '01 to '14, even at any of those lineups worst, they were better than this garbage. And I say that as a very loving and forgiving fan. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, vloors said:

You do know Mickey voice existed way before 2016. He sounds like this whenever he isnt prepared and just dials it in.

I believe he used a vocal coach in 2016 and for the acdc shows. He obviously needs to go back to using one for these 2018 shows.

I'm aware that Mickey Mouse has been around a long time.. (for example, who could forget RIR 2011?) I guess the question is, has his time singing demanding songs in general, ruined his voice for good. Sure singers can use a coach etc. But there's always possibility that the voice is not coming back, no matter what they do.  But this was just one concert,  maybe he'll improve. 

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'm aware that Mickey Mouse has been around a long time.. (for example, who could forget RIR 2011?) I guess the question is, has his time singing demanding songs in general, ruined his voice for good. Sure singers can use a coach etc. But there's always possibility that the voice is not coming back, no matter what they do.  But this was just one concert,  maybe he'll improve. 

Check any AC/DC video with Axl on vocals and come back saying that again.

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Check any AC/DC video with Axl on vocals and come back saying that again.

That was two years and a lot of concerts ago. He’s sounded consistently worse since his run with DC ended. The video of Nightrain tells me that his voice is just shot, and that there may be no coming back from it. Sure he could rehearse and sound a little better but I think he blew the last of “classic Axl” trying to scream his way through those shows with AC/DC

Edited by Willis1988
  • Like 4