11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl has not had a GOOD performance since 2016. I havent heard a single song since where I listen for the vocals. Even the ones that have been better or passable are through the lens of us diehards. 

Its a bummer

Well that's your opinion, I was at both London shows in 17 and he sounded very good except for TIL and YCBM

5 hours ago, Mfegz said:

Anyone who was there know how David Coverdale's vocals were is comparison? He must be getting on these days?? 

I bet he at least sounded like David Coverdale, albeit a lower register version. Also, I bet Sammy Hagar (who's 70) sounded fantastic, and he would be fantastic if it was night one or the end of the tour... reason? he practices.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Going to rehearsals will likely not help much. That is mostly to check equipment, get a feel for venue, find golden spots where guitars sound good, practise new songs etc. 

I think you’re thinking of “soundcheck”.

Generally, “rehearsals” would be a few days or so before the tour starts, where the entire set would be run, front-to-back, as if it was a real show. Something we know Axl did with AC/DC.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

I think you’re thinking of “soundcheck”.

Generally, “rehearsals” would be a few days or so before the tour starts, where the entire set would be run, front-to-back, as if it was a real show. Something we know Axl did with AC/DC.

Im sure angus would have demanded it.

16 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If Axls voice is as horrible as made out here, why are they still filling all the places and why is the press not calling him out on it? Why is the band not calling him on it? Either this forum is extremely critical or no one in the press has the balls to say it out loud, and for what reason not? It makes no sense.

I'll take it you didn't see that clip of This I Love?  I'm asking because I cannot fathom how anyone would make a statement such as this if they had watched the clip. 

That performance of This I Love is one of the saddest ever. He cannot sustain or even reach most, if not, all of the notes. Even in 2017 and earlier this year, he was able to at least give a decent rendition of this track. Guess we can add TIL to the ever-growing list of songs Axl cannot (or isn't trying at all) sing anymore. Hopefully, he's cognizant of the effort he put forth here, and either scraps the song or redeems himself before this short leg is over.

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I bet he at least sounded like David Coverdale, albeit a lower register version. Also, I bet Sammy Hagar (who's 70) sounded fantastic, and he would be fantastic if it was night one or the end of the tour... reason? he practices.

Also i cant believe segar is 70. Looks at least 20 years younger.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vloors said:

Also i cant believe segar is 70. Looks at least 20 years younger.

Coverdale is not what he was, but he's recognizable as the voice of whitesnake. There was a clear deterioration with DC, it isn't like Axl who was great, and the next leg his voice was gone.

This I very disappointing really. And we all know that he'll get better but it's shite really! Hagar can do it at 70, Tyler too... Axl is getting away with murder.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nickzark said:

the quality of videos are not so good, it is not easy to understand if Axl is good or bad.

I was there and he sounded awful in most of the songs, what a let down I have seen axl in 2007 and 2011 in mty , 2013 in San Antonio Texas , 2016 in Houston and this was by far the most awful performance from Axl.

What a let down i enjoyed the show but expected more from Axl.

sammy Hagar with 71 years and David with 65 songs way better than Axl.

• Like 2