11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

18 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I won’t even start again with the vocals discussion, but reading people defending him for having “off nights” is just too much. The man is not professional enough to rehearse and give decent performances but here we are, with people saying they love Axl no matter what. That’s not only cringy and childish as fuck, but also the reason why we are getting no new music, overpriced box sets, stale setlists, and a fat singer that can't sing anymore. This “fans” + his stupid entourage telling him how great he sings are really damaging Guns N’ Roses. If he doesn’t realize that he is fat and struggling for singing songs he nailed on 2016, I don’t know what we will have in the coming years.

ok, so according to your summary, if the fans only complain, not going to the shows, don't buying stuff...THEN we'll have new music, good to know:blink:

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

pretty safe to say this is the cover band ¸of the band we used to know as Guns N Roses.

Just wish it was tribute so we wouldn't have a 50% of setlist with other covers.

Guns N Roses 

1986-1993

R.I.P.

Kao i svaki Hrvat samo seres...

85% songs are Guns songs,so you're talkin shits...

• Like 1

I just listened to that TIL performance. It gets worse. Every time you think he's reached the nadir of bad vocal performances, he proves that there's always further depths to sink to. He's so embarrassingly bad these days, I don't understand how he has the gall to get up there night after night. I can only assume he must be on something, because it isn't normal behaviour to lack self awareness on this level. I bet he's abusing prescription pills.

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I just listened to that TIL performance. It gets worse. Every time you think he's reached the nadir of bad vocal performances, he proves that there's always further depths to sink to. He's so embarrassingly bad these days, I don't understand how he has the gall to get up there night after night. I can only assume he must be on something, because it isn't normal behaviour to lack self awareness on this level. I bet he's abusing prescription pills.

That's a bit of a leap.

I agree TIL was ropey as hell but it's not evidence of anything other than he struggles with the vocals on that song. There are others he sings much better and I don't really understand why it's not replaced in the set. He's obviously attached to that song but I doubt the audience would care if something else was played instead.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

That's a bit of a leap.

I agree TIL was ropey as hell but it's not evidence of anything other than he struggles with the vocals on that song. There are others he sings much better and I don't really understand why it's not replaced in the set. He's obviously attached to that song but I doubt the audience would care if something else was played instead.

I think a lot of people would rejoice if he played something else.. It is by far one of the weakest moments of the set and the majority don't even know what the hell it is.

• Like 1

I wonder how David Coverdale feels beying in the same bill as GNR and witnessing this abomination of an Axl. :lol:

Say what you will about him and Whitesnake, at least it never got this weird. Oh, and he is 67.

Edited by default_

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I probably wouldn't go unless I didn't have to travel and got free/cheap tickets, but I'd just focus on Slash who is still a beast on that Les Paul. In light of Rose being effectively a busted flush, Slash to all intents and purposes is carrying Guns N' Roses. 

This is sadly true. I remember my last show last year I was lucky enough to be up front and on Slash side so I could see him play because He is the real gem of the show.

• Like 1

Axl just isn’t singing very good. We’ve given enough excuses over the years, but he’s shown a repeated pattern of not being  very good vocally. 

I will say he appeared to be in better shape. But with Axl being 56 now I’ve lost hope in a return to vocal brilliance. Maybe after this he can take a step back from gnr music and branch into something more applicable to his current vocal state. 

I don’t think it’s a stretch or outrageous to call it how it is. Try not to be offended that someone would say something negative 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tifalucis said:

dammit I'm excited and worry now since someone in Jakarta live thread made me notice that Jakarta is only 2nd gig of this round :rofl-lol:

As many said, just dont focus on Axl too much. And hopefully the crowd screaming and singing will drown Mickey.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is sadly true. I remember my last show last year I was lucky enough to be up front and on Slash side so I could see him play because He is the real gem of the show.

Now that I think of it, goin to Slash area next week.

• Like 3