11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

11 minutes ago, AxlisGuns said:

People are bitching about vocals and shit. To be his age and do what the fuck he is doing is awesome! We will never get to hear his old style again cause it's different now, he's older!! But also appreciate the fact that he is putting effort into singing the songs unlike Vince neil who has to take a breath every other lyric. Appreciate it. Enjoy it!! And have fun cause most of us never thought we'd see this but we did. Enjoy it while it's happening

I am bitching because I know he can do much better. Nowadays

TIL 3 months ago

TIL last night

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1

I've been asleep during most of the gig, only listened few songs from the latter part of the setlist, that Nightrain sure went off tracks. Still... in a music world full of fakes  who don't sing live at all (and never have) I have to give credit to people who do sing live. And I guess the main point is, that the people who attend the shows enjoy them and have a good time. I did when I saw them last year.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sl4yer said:

TIL 3 months

TIL last night

We grow older every day and shit changes even if it's months ago or years ago it's gonna change but appreciate what's happening because it's something a lot of us thought never would. Also every show is different and some songs sound better than the show before. Just enjoy the ride and be greatful!

• Like 4

There really is no mercy. We all want him to sound amazing every time, but how realistic is that? He had a bad night, he has had bad nights and will have them again. Not every show can be great. He is not young anymore. So he botched that? What do you want from him? Go back and do it again? I'm sure if he could, he would do it the best he can. That was the best he could that night. There is obviously some issue with his voice that night. Give him a break, he is only human. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Again not saying that negative comments are bad, but just that the level of nitpicking or disregarding of the fact that Axl is human and getting older and nobody is perfect all the time from the comfort of our computer chairs, just seems very "un-rock n' roll" to me at times.  

^^This

and btw, it's funny how the Berlin show is constantly referred to as the worst show ever, especially from them who haven't even been there!

Yes there were many technical issues, and yes, it wasn't Axl's best one, but the people who attended the show had a blast, and would never call it a complete disaster !

• Thanks 2

Important to remember that when you attend the shows, generally you are in the moment and not really picking up on every mistake or bit of micky in the songs and the main thing is that the people there seem to enjoy the shows. At least that’s how it played out for me when I went. 

49 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

TIL 3 months ago

TIL last night

But Axl is only human, are we to point out every time Axl does something that is not as good as what he did 3 months ago on one specific show?  He is only human after all, and his vocal delivery is demanding.

Take Chris Cornell for example, my first Soundgarden and Chris solo shows in 2010 I saw he hit the high notes flawlessly.  In 2011 with his acoustic solo show and 2013 with Soundgarden, I noticed his upper register wasn't as smooth and he was rasp-yelling some parts as opposed to clean high notes.  In 2014 with SG he hit those notes high and clean again when I saw him for that final fifth time.  

Sometimes, especially with rockers over 50 with a very demanding vocal style, shit just doesn't happen the same every time and some performances/periods of time are better than others.  That is just the nature of being human, and especially being human and pushing your vocal chords into doing crazy shit for a living

Edited by WhazUp

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

But Axl is only human, are we to point out everyt ime Axl does something that is not as good as what he did 3 months ago?  He is only human after all, and his vocal delivery is demanding

Take Chris Cornell for example, first Soundgarden show in 2010 I saw he hit the high notes flawlessly.  In 2013, I noticed his upper register wasn't as smooth and he was rasp-yelling some parts as opposed to clean high notes.  In 2014 he hit those notes high and clean again.  Sometimes, especially with rockers over 50 with a very demanding vocal style, shit just doesn't happen the same every time and some performances/time periods are better.  

The human vocal chord is a very touchy thing, and I feel like being airmchair critics as GNR fans can mean a lot of silliness with that sometimes.  So Axl had a more of an off night than he did at one specific show three months ago, he is human.  I am sure the people at the show dug it

I know and I believe he will sing it much better next show. But it's not a good sign because I don't think he is doing any vocal exercises between legs and thats why first shows are always rough

PS. To not be so negative : Chinese Democracy sounded very good. His low voice is still awesome

Edited by sl4yer

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Was it as bad as Berlin?

No it was a good Show but a Bit shorter than usual soundwise not the best but anyway we had Fun: ) Mannheim was better for shure but Berlin was the first gig of the tour :axl92::slash:

Edited by tobige666

I think we should all just face reality and admit that Axl can no longer sing....... 

He's out of tune, flat and struggling. 

Why they still choose to play songs he can't sing is beyond me. 

Nobody  would care if they didn't do "This I Love". 

Without knowing of any health conditions Axl may have its difficult to say what he should do.... Get in shape, rehearse with band, try a different key etc etc

I think he's just lost it to be honest. 

• Like 2

I don't know why people keep being surprised by Axl's off nights!

Sometimes your voice is not as good as other times. We don't know if he's been sick recently or what's been happening for him.

Sometimes it just doesn't happen. 

He's out there having a real crack at it though. He's a legend. 

I think we can look through rose coloured glasses sometimes when thinking of the 90's Axl - he had some shocking nights back then too! 

I think it's amazing what he's doing. 

P.S. Slash's solo sounded great.

4 minutes ago, Mfegz said:

I think we should all just face reality and admit that Axl can no longer sing....... 

He's out of tune, flat and struggling. 

Why they still choose to play songs he can't sing is beyond me. 

Nobody  would care if they didn't do "This I Love". 

Without knowing of any health conditions Axl may have its difficult to say what he should do.... Get in shape, rehearse with band, try a different key etc etc

I think he's just lost it to be honest. 

Again I don't think it is quite that dire, Axl is older and does crazy shit with his vocal chords for a living, sometimes people have off nights

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

That used to wash ten years ago, but not these days.

Absolutely true.  I think axl would be the only vocalist of a big name band that i know who doesnt rehearse weeks out from a tour.

17 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Again I don't think it is quite that dire, Axl is older and does crazy shit with his vocal chords for a living, sometimes people have off nights

When you dont take  rehearsals seriously this is what happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Absolutely true.  I think axl would be the only vocalist of a big name band that i know who doesnt rehearse weeks out from a tour.

Why would he? People will pay to watch him anyway and people will defend him. And after the first show of a leg, he always “recover”.

• Like 1