11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

3 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

So explain why rehearsals helped him before the AC/DC tour... 

How do we know they did? If we are going to compare anything it has to be rehearsals or not before the same setlists. Maybe AC/DC songs simply suit the state of Axl's voice more, maybe he was able to give more because he got to do something novel and exciting, maybe he just had a really great year? We don't know, so we can't conclude it was the rehearsals that did it. 

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How do we know they did? If we are going to compare anything it has to be rehearsals or not before the same setlists. Maybe AC/DC songs simply suit the state of Axl's voice more, maybe he was able to give more because he got to do something novel and exciting, maybe he just had a really great year? We don't know, so we can't conclude it was the rehearsals that did it. 

Well, Axl did said that rehearsals and practice helped him... 

2 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Well, Axl did said that rehearsals and practice helped him... 

Of course practising helps his voice and rehearsals are important when you sing new songs. My point was that rehearsals or normal warm up procedures simply might not help enough when he has to sing GNR songs for three hours.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Going to rehearsals will likely not help much. That is mostly to check equipment, get a feel for venue, find golden spots where guitars sound good, practise new songs etc. 

What I think people mean is that Axl doesn't practise in his down periods, to keep his voice ready for the onslaught of three hour singing. 

I am not so sure Axl doesn't practise before shows, warms up his voice, do some scales etc. I think he does. But it is simply not going to prepare you fully for what he has to do on the stage. The only really relevant practise is belting out vocals for 2-3 hours together with a band, and he can't do that for practise. Which is why he gets better as a tour proceeds. 

Definitely the most logical post in this thread so far to be honest

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course practising helps his voice and rehearsals are important when you sing new songs. My point was that rehearsals or normal warm up procedures simply might not help enough when he has to sing GNR songs for three hours.

I say its obvious that Axl is unprepared. He might have done some warm up and stuff but not enough. Not even close.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I think there's a difference between wanting to do good and trying to sound good. Wanting to do good is putting in effort. Trying to sound good is going the extra step whether that's rehearsing extra or using a vocal coach. 

Wanting is AXL DC
trying is GNR (at times)

Axl can be great when he wants to be. he still has it when he wants it. Its just a matter of getting him to want it. Example of that might be when Steven joined the few times. Or 2016. I saw him in 2017 in Hartford in an arena and there were parts he brought it and it was fun to watch. But other times you could tell he was struggling and lost. Last night we KNOW he was struggling and that's just unpreparedness. Which is a lack of want and try

However the same can be said of slash.  How come with Myles and Duff he plays the ISE solo note for not but then with Guns he just adds in random stuff and its not even close to the original? 

Edited by Gunsdrummer63

48 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Vocal coach, and he had to learn the songs not just practice them with the wrong technique like with a fair few guns songs these days.

Axl apparently needs a guy in Guns to show him how he used to sing his own songs, kind of like Axl himself did to Angus and the boys in ACDC

Props to Frank for trying to save all by keeping tempo during the first chorus and then for the rest of the song. That's actually a sign of a good drummer. I won't get into the vocals for that song...

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Axl apparently needs a guy in Guns to show him how he used to sing his own songs, kind of like Axl himself did to Angus and the boys in ACDC

wheres izzy. Something tells me he would

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Props to Frank for trying to save all by keeping tempo during the first chorus and then for the rest of the song. That's actually a sign of a good drummer. I won't get into the vocals for that song...

wheres izzy. Something tells me he would

Izzy is few centimeters from Axl here and it doesn't stop him from singing in Full Mickey Mouse Voice

the fact of the matter is hes had 3-4 months to get ready for this leg of the tour he knows its getting closer but yet he dosent rehearse vocalize do vocal exercises or anything really to get in shape people call him lazy say he dosent car about the fans etc etc i think he feels like at this point in his life why should i we keep making millions even though i sound like shit most of the time so i dont need to do better  we all know how much rehearsals can make a difference but he chooses not to he shouldnt use show time as rehearsals he should rehearse before show time and i dont mean right before hitting the stage he should be doing  it for hours daily

21 minutes ago, ARX77 said:

I listened to some of the videos. TIL was really not good.  

As for practicing. Gilby was on Eddie Trunk last week and he said he saw ALL the guys in GnR at the rehearsal place. Even mentioned Axl. 

Yes, true Gilby mencioned Axl, then this show that Axl rehearsed.

31 minutes ago, ARX77 said:

I listened to some of the videos. TIL was really not good.  

As for practicing. Gilby was on Eddie Trunk last week and he said he saw ALL the guys in GnR at the rehearsal place. Even mentioned Axl. 

Maybe he was just standing and watching them

4 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Playing fortnite and eating lots of cheetos

Explains why he is phoneing it in. His mind is where to land on Fortnite.

that said, I always love threads on the first show of a leg- it brings in a lot of fans here. The sane ones, the insane ones, ADF(Axl Defense Force), his harshest critics, etc.

In the end, we all just want Axl to care and give a shit about his performances(regardless if some thinks he does or doesnt)... too bad for the most part, seems like he doesnt IMO.