11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Voice definitely shot as fuck, unfortunately. I wonder how this situation will be solved. I don't believe it's just a matter of one- or two-night rehearsal or whatever. Wel'll see... 

I don't know. If we compare the situation in June, he didn't sound very good in Berlin but then in Odense there was a big improvement so we never know. We'll see how things turn out.

On 04/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I'm happy to be seeing Slash in February playing new material and not rehashed hits and covers. The way I see the Guns thing is Slash does Guns for the cash and Conspirators for the music. Conspirators is Slash's ''proper'' thing. As long as he continues it I can forgive him for playing with Guns for Perla's alimony.

Seriously, if someone gave me front row tickets to see GNR in 2018 or back row tickets to see Slash/Myles, I would choose the latter in a heartbeat. One band release new music and have a singer who can actually sing, the other band are a bunch of dinosaurs, with no creative spark left, thanks to a megalomanic lead "singer" who has no shame and routinely embarrasses himself onstage for the money.

It's a no-brainer. Anybody who actually cares about the music would choose SMKC over Guns at this stage. But unfortunately we live in an age where people just go to concerts to brag about who they saw on Facebook and cross impressive names off their bucket list, which is why Axl continues to rake in millions, sounding like dogshit.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

A real shame. You're usually pretty positive too. Guess I won't bother searching for clips then.

I really wish that wasn't the case but it was honestly that bad. Even songs that have been very good to decent since the tour started such as Nightrain are not worth listening to. He may improve in spots as the the tour continues but I believe it ends sometime in early December, not a lot of time to get it together.

7 hours ago, vloors said:

Also i cant believe segar is 70. Looks at least 20 years younger.

Bob Seger does look much younger than he actually is, as you stated. I am looking forward to catching him on his final run. Great artist.

Edited by ironmt

7 minutes ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

Slash is the reason people come to see this band live why are you focusing on Axl who can't sing for shit ? 

not for me, i mean i like the whole band but axl is my favorite member and singer even with his voice problems :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, riot said:

He’s always been mine too.  

(Thats why i’m so dissapointed, i guess)

4 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

There's me as well, let's form a fan club! Oh wait...

The person is obviously a troll. If you love Axl or not, everyone knows he's the favourite of many, many people.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl is, was and always will be my favorite member of Guns N Roses 

I used to feel that way, but he's become such a shadow of his former self, I can't defend him anymore. Plus I find Slash's solo shit way more interesting than Axl puffing and wheezing through SCOM and YCBM for the 1043rd time.

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I used to feel that way, but he's become such a shadow of his former self, I can't defend him anymore. Plus I find Slash's solo shit way more interesting than Axl puffing and wheezing through SCOM and YCBM for the 1043rd time.

Back in the 80s-90s, Axl all the way. Since the break up and reunion- Slash all the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFGnR said:

First minute, voice is all over the place. 2002 Mickey, rasp, baritone etc.. Crazy

That's utterly terrible. And this song was really one of the last to become terrible. It used to be a high point even in bad shows. Painful to listen to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl may be a shadow of who he vocally and physically used to be but he will always be my favorite frontman and Guns member solely for the reason that there was and never will be a frontman like him again.

Agreed. He's just such a mesmerizing guy to watch on stage. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1