11/03/18 - Monterrey, Mexico - Mother of all Festivals (Parque Fundidora)

alfierose

2 hours ago, Endless2404 said:

I don't know. If we compare the situation in June, he didn't sound very good in Berlin but then in Odense there was a big improvement so we never know. We'll see how things turn out.

Even the 'big improvement' this year was nothing close to his performances in 2016 and 2017.

I think it's entirely possible that the AC/DC tour has absolutely done lasting damage to his vocal chords.

26 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Even the 'big improvement' this year was nothing close to his performances in 2016 and 2017.

I think it's entirely possible that the AC/DC tour has absolutely done lasting damage to his vocal chords.

I don't think 2017 shows were really better than 2018 shows like in Tallin or Moscow

1 minute ago, sl4yer said:

I don't think 2017 shows were really better than 2018 shows like in Tallin or Moscow

the late US run which led up to the forum show in late november was pretty good, way above european the europe or SA shows, i didnt see much of a difference between europe 2017 and 2018 (apart from berlin), but his mid range seemed weaker, but i'm scared that this late 2018 run could be the worst he ever sounded and that he's not gonnna recover from the damage he did to his voice over NITL and Axl/DC

Unless he sounds as good as he did with ACDC there's no 'big improvement'. With GNR he sounds either bad or UTTER SHIT bad. I simply can't listen to this difference you guys can from one concert to another. The difference in his voice/effort between ACDC and GNR though is very clear.

Can't the guy just retire? Does he really need more money? Can't he get this money from other source?

Just retire from live performances. Record 1 album a year for the next 5 years and I'm sure all fans will be happy.

Wow that Nightrain is a car crash. Definitely no trip to Hawaii for me :D 

I'll save the cash for next years Stones shows. im not a big Jagger fan, but fucking hell the guys voice is at least mostly consistent and not the mickey Axl is throwing our way. 

How can there be such a difference between AXL/DC and this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Powderfinger said:

Wow that Nightrain is a car crash. Definitely no trip to Hawaii for me :D 

I'll save the cash for next years Stones shows. im not a big Jagger fan, but fucking hell the guys voice is at least mostly consistent and not the mickey Axl is throwing our way. 

How can there be such a difference between AXL/DC and this. 

and jagger is in his mid 70s
I saw the stones this year in Berlin just 3 weeks after the GNR disaster, they were mindblowing, their energy at this age after the lifestyle they lived is simply incredible

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

So AC/DC took Brian Johnson's hearing and Axl Rose's voice. Ergo -> AC/DC fucking sucks! :anger: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Axl is, was and always will be my favorite member of Guns N' Roses. That has nothing to do with the fact that I can call a spade a spade with respect to a great or poor performance. I have to laugh when I see people insinuate that if someone has a negative opinion of something Axl does, then they must be less of a fan.

True, but then it’s also funny to see that some people act surprised that you like Axl Rose on a GNR board.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

Unless he sounds as good as he did with ACDC there's no 'big improvement'. With GNR he sounds either bad or UTTER SHIT bad. I simply can't listen to this difference you guys can from one concert to another. The difference in his voice/effort between ACDC and GNR though is very clear.

Can't the guy just retire? Does he really need more money? Can't he get this money from other source?

Just retire from live performances. Record 1 album a year for the next 5 years and I'm sure all fans will be happy.

Just stay at home and let other people enjoy his live performances.

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Why? Have you not been following GNR this last 2yrs? This is exactly what I would expect from Axl, if I was silly enough to part with my money to see him.

He sounded good in 90% of the songs in 2007 , 11 , 13 and 16 with lots of Rasp in those years , but this saturday was different , I though after the break he would rest and comeback with good vocal performance.

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Seriously, if someone gave me front row tickets to see GNR in 2018 or back row tickets to see Slash/Myles, I would choose the latter in a heartbeat. One band release new music and have a singer who can actually sing, the other band are a bunch of dinosaurs, with no creative spark left, thanks to a megalomanic lead "singer" who has no shame and routinely embarrasses himself onstage for the money.

It's a no-brainer. Anybody who actually cares about the music would choose SMKC over Guns at this stage. But unfortunately we live in an age where people just go to concerts to brag about who they saw on Facebook and cross impressive names off their bucket list, which is why Axl continues to rake in millions, sounding like dogshit.

This is true , now I’m over at Guns N’ Roses concerts , maybe call me a sucker but I enjoyed more the 2007 and 2011 concerts , they were more energy from axl and the band but now they perform good but don’t see slash enjoy the concert as he does in conspirators, I really like the last album from slash and I’m excited to see them live, I don’t have more motivation to see this new incarnation of gnr only if the originals 5 reunite and release at least 3 brand new songs I know this is to ask too much for this band and won’t happen.

when you enjoy more Sammy Hagars band and whitesnake which I don’t like something serious happened with your favorite band.

• Like 1