AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

53 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

If you've already received the boxset then I'm pretty sure you've got away with paying import duty.

DHL got in touch with me regarding my LLAS order and insisted I pay the import duty before they would deliver it.

I hope you are correct! Who knows though, I did get an import tax invoice from FedEx from some clothes I had shipped over from the States and that did get posted a few weeks after the parcel arrived. Will need to wait and see! I also purely purchased the boxset for the vinyl, but still decent all things considered. The box should've been £300 to begin with.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I bit the bullet on the boxset. Worked out at just over £300 getting it imported over with free postage, however, I've not received a bill for import tax as of yet and that has been over a month.

Yeah, you're good if they haven't given you import tax. Sometimes (usually) they do, sometimes they don't. Sounds like you got lucky. 

• GNFNR 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, allwaystired said:

I've never known a release like this one, in all my years as a music fan. A release so unpopular that they had to break it up and sell it as 'parts', really is something remarkable. It must be regarded as one of the biggest follies in music-release history. 

I have to laugh when I see that sites I really respect like musicdirect got totally fucked on this set. There's a cross section of reputable sites that bought the full sets when they were new, so they still have to try to sell them at $999, which they're never ever going to get for one, let alone however many they purchased. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh when I see that sites I really respect like musicdirect got totally fucked on this set. There's a cross section of reputable sites that bought the full sets when they were new, so they still have to try to sell them at $999, which they're never ever going to get for one, let alone however many they purchased. 

Yeah, that's a whole side of things that isn't considered much. I have sympathy with that sort of thing. I find it funny that some people bought this 'as an investment' though. The devaluation of it has been insane. 

It will put me off the UYI reissue (if it happens) if it isn't sensibly priced from the outset. There's no way I'll pay out for a box set that I think will be a quarter (or less) of the price within a year. I'm pretty convinced they'll make the same mistake of overpricing again. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:10 AM, RussTCB said:

I still think I got the deal of the century out of this whole thing. I jumped on it when they were giving the box away with a bad ass turntable. 

I jumped on it then and got a turntable to give to a friend who desperately needed an upgrade. Then I got the 12" and 7" vinyl I wanted from the set in the first place. Then I got to give the actual wood box to a friend who really wanted it. 

All for the price of what the stupid box should've been priced in the first place. 

I got the deal of a century thanks to you! :P

Moving to a new place, so I'll find a cool spot for it in my "music room"

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, definitely a great price for that. I've seen people trying to punt that Live Like A Suicide EP for £60+, so when you consider everything else that comes with it, it's a great deal. 

I could've had it cheaper had I not went Gung Ho and went in and ordered it right away, the site I got it from was doing a 20% discount on all orders haha. No complaints though.

22 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah, definitely a great price for that. I've seen people trying to punt that Live Like A Suicide EP for £60+, so when you consider everything else that comes with it, it's a great deal. 

I could've had it cheaper had I not went Gung Ho and went in and ordered it right away, the site I got it from was doing a 20% discount on all orders haha. No complaints though.

I got mine for about £300 all in about a year ago from US and have no complaints really. That did include a discount for there being a small blemish on the LLAS cover - got about $50 off for that...!

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I got mine for about £300 all in about a year ago from US and have no complaints really. That did include a discount for there being a small blemish on the LLAS cover - got about $50 off for that...!

That's outstanding, I was around the same, though I'm still baffled at not hearing anything regarding import tax. This is how the villains would feel in Scooby Doo had those meddling cunts not gotten in the way of them succeeding in their criminal schemes!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

That's outstanding, I was around the same, though I'm still baffled at not hearing anything regarding import tax. This is how the villains would feel in Scooby Doo had those meddling cunts not gotten in the way of them succeeding in their criminal schemes!

🤣

Does anyone know how much it would cost to privately post one of the Locked N Loaded boxsets from the USA to the UK?

The postage quote on udiscover music is outrageously expensive and wont even include import duty! However my wife's aunt lives in the USA, so I'm tempted to buy one and have it shipped to her address in NYC, and then get her to post it on to me in the UK. That way it could also be sent as a gift and I shouldn't get stung with import duty.

Edited by jackparker123

22 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Does anyone know how much it would cost to privately post one of the Locked N Loaded boxsets from the USA to the UK?

The postage quote on udiscover music is outrageously expensive and wont even include import duty! However my wife's aunt lives in the USA, so I'm tempted to buy one and have it shipped to her address in NYC, and then get her to post it on to me in the UK. That way it could also be sent as a gift and I shouldn't get stung with import duty.

I regularly ship items from the US to Ireland (ROI) to a friend and his family. I would imagine the prices are similar to the UK from the US.

I don't know the size or weight of the boxset, but most boxed packages the size of a shoe box or even slightly under, weighing around 3-5 pounds cost $45-$75 dollars to ship.

If she has an online USPS account (they are free) she can plug in all of the info weight size, address etc. to get a better estimate.  She may have to print the label online anyways, my local USPS told my mom all international orders have to be done online, but it probably varies by location. 

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

I looked into it at one point, but it was prohibitively expensive as far as I could see. The thing is so heavy that it worked out costing about the same as the product itself. 

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I looked into it at one point, but it was prohibitively expensive as far as I could see. The thing is so heavy that it worked out costing about the same as the product itself. 

Do you happen to remember the weight and dimensions?

USPS only ship up to 70 pounds (31.75kg), and they also have restrictions on parcel sizes so I'm not sure if they are going to be suitable.

There's no rush I suppose. I normally go to NYC every couple of years or so. I could slowly bring it back piece by piece, by 2030 I might have the whole set in the UK :axl:

37 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Do you happen to remember the weight and dimensions?

USPS only ship up to 70 pounds (31.75kg), and they also have restrictions on parcel sizes so I'm not sure if they are going to be suitable.

There's no rush I suppose. I normally go to NYC every couple of years or so. I could slowly bring it back piece by piece, by 2030 I might have the whole set in the UK :axl:

I got them from Amazon and they were:

19.53 x 18.5 x 17.56 inches

Package Weight 41.49 pounds

Which sounds about right to me. That's probably without packaging though, which would have to be quite significant for it make the journey. 

The moment has totally gone for me with this set. I ended up buying the 4cd/Blu-ray version, and to be honest, I've only played through it a few times. There's only so many versions of 'move to the city' a man can take! 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I got them from Amazon and they were:

19.53 x 18.5 x 17.56 inches

Package Weight 41.49 pounds

Which sounds about right to me. That's probably without packaging though, which would have to be quite significant for it make the journey. 

The moment has totally gone for me with this set. I ended up buying the 4cd/Blu-ray version, and to be honest, I've only played through it a few times. There's only so many versions of 'move to the city' a man can take! 

Cheers for that info. Thats coming up at $207 on USPS.

Add that to the $240 spend getting it to my wifes Aunt. $447 total (£342).

That's roughly the price I always said I would pay when it was first announced in 2018. But as you say it does feel like the moment has passed on it. I'm torn.

I hesitated and bought the 4CD version in late 2018, I think I paid about £80 off Amazon. So I have all the content anyway, except the 1985? replica demo cassette.

4 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Cheers for that info. Thats coming up at $207 on USPS.

Add that to the $240 spend getting it to my wifes Aunt. $447 total (£342).

That's roughly the price I always said I would pay when it was first announced in 2018. But as you say it does feel like the moment has passed on it. I'm torn.

I hesitated and bought the 4CD version in late 2018, I think I paid about £80 off Amazon. So I have all the content anyway, except the 1985? replica demo cassette.

I was exactly the same- I had a price set in my head as to what I'd pay for it (lower than yours) and some money set aside. Time has gone on, finances have become tighter, and my interest has gone. Had it been priced correctly from the offset, I'd have probably bought it. 

I guess it depends on how much you feel you'd get out of it,  how much space you have, and your financial situation! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I was exactly the same- I had a price set in my head as to what I'd pay for it (lower than yours) and some money set aside. Time has gone on, finances have become tighter, and my interest has gone. Had it been priced correctly from the offset, I'd have probably bought it. 

I guess it depends on how much you feel you'd get out of it,  how much space you have, and your financial situation! 

Save your money for the $1000 UYI boxset next year! :lol::axl92:

#TheNextChapter

• Haha 1