"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:15 PM, Dummy said:

We're never gonna hear 7.....

We're never gonna hear about 7

Definitely not about 9

We figured this out around '11

In fact this shit's a waste of our fucking time

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Just driving home from work in “glorious” Torquay (if anyone is wondering) and see these guys on a billboard, what a pleasant surprise :shades: 

IMG_7852.thumb.jpeg.33a213450468a30e8078a67930003806.jpeg

Cool picture, 😀but I would have liked it better if Duff and Slash were in equal positions as Axl is. Axl is front and center,  and  Duff and Slash look like Axl's background Minions rather than his equal partners. 🧐Why not have all of three of them in the front? 🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

I may be making a complete ass of myself here, but I’ve just discovered this – in Bob Dylan’s "Like a Rolling Stone":

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
Threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
People call say 'beware doll, you're bound to fall'
You thought they were all kidding you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hanging out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud

About having to be scrounging your next meal

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

15 hours ago, Karice said:

Cool picture, 😀but I would have liked it better if Duff and Slash were in equal positions as Axl is. Axl is front and center,  and  Duff and Slash look like Axl's background Minions rather than his equal partners. 🧐Why not have all of three of them in the front? 🤔

Seriously? Even though there's seven people in the band and only three are shown? Duff and Slash aren't looking like background minions. At all.

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Seriously? Even though there's seven people in the band and only three are shown? Duff and Slash aren't looking like background minions. At all.

Hmm. Good point that all 7 of them should have been shown on that Posters, but I still stand behind my stance that Slash and Duff look like Axl's background Minions rather than his equal Partners in that Picture.

• Haha 2

I don’t know what’s funny about it but okay. Sorry but you joined less than a month ago and asking if there’s children on here? Looked strange in my opinion and I will point shit out that is weird and most (if not all) of us members on here would do the exact same. Maybe just go over what you are typing and how some might interpret it if you post in the future.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I don’t know what’s funny about it but okay. Sorry but you joined less than a month ago and asking if there’s children on here? Looked strange in my opinion and I will point shit out that is weird and most (if not all) of us members on here would do the exact same. Maybe just go over what you are typing and how some might interpret it if you post in the future.

Alright. I already changed it. Didn't mean it that way so i deleted it

Too bad people can still read the original post in other peoples quotes. 

Edited by Dummy

2 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Alright. I already changed it. Didn't mean it that way so i deleted it

I wasn’t being horrible or arguing by the way.. we’re all friendly here, I promise :smiley-confused2:

just maybe think next time 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, superloconoriega said:

what do you guys think about the Nick UFO guy story from Axl's assistant's book and Axl showing Santana how he could control a UFO with his fingers?

I just posted about this!!! Weird.

It was in Craig Duswalts book… He said they looked like stars to the naked eye until this guy traced his finger across the sky and the object moved! 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Seriously, what? Is there a link or something? 

Is an anedcote from Craig's Duswalt's Book "Welcome to my Jungle". Just read it and found it highly entertaining. Really recommend it for an insight onto the backstage proceedings before GNRs shows around the UYI era.

Axl and his assistant were bored in Vegas so they decide to call up a guy Axl had heard on a VHS tape talk about being abducted by aliens. The guy comes up to the hotel, shares his story with Axl and then instruct them to look up onto the sky. "Nick UFO guy" as he is called in the book then appears to move a few of the stars by randomly dragging them with his finger. Finally he tells Axl and his assistant that after this encounter they will be monitored by the ETs too and have this power now.

Immediately after, Duswalt's tells the following story: 

“A few months later, we were in Santiago, Chile, hanging by the pool one night. On one side of me was Axl, and on the other side of me, in a lounge chair of his own, was Carlos Santana.
We were talking about the music business dating back to when Santana got in it, and out of nowhere Axl said, “Carlos, let me show you something interesting.” And yes, you guessed it, Axl started pointing at the sky. And you can guess the rest.
I’m here to tell you that Axl pointed to the sky and started moving stars with little red trails shooting out.
I remember Carlos Santana looking up at the sky, and just saying, “Hmmm.”
That’s it. He seemed very interested, but just said, “Hmmm.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:40 AM, jamillos said:

I may be making a complete ass of myself here, but I’ve just discovered this – in Bob Dylan’s "Like a Rolling Stone":

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
Threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
People call say 'beware doll, you're bound to fall'
You thought they were all kidding you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was hanging out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud

About having to be scrounging your next meal

Jeez. Two of my favourite songs and I hadn't noticed that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Two owls named Axl and Slash were found under the stage during Guns set at Glasto and have now been rescued 😂

357102099_651733473649711_76327745182681

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2023-07-04/baby-owls-nesting-under-pyramid-stage-rescued-after-guns-n-roses-set

They look like they've finally heard Perhaps (Drums UP 2 dB - With New Dj Gtrs - Pitman Overdubs) 🦉

• Haha 2