Jump to content

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.


Recommended Posts

Instead of a separate thread for "Your thoughts on..." every song, magazine article, show, radio interview, fan art, reference to GnR in popular culture that originally aired after 7PM on a Thursday, marriage, divorce, guitar chord, Paul Tobias shirt, Pittman sound effect, individual members favorite state bird(all 50 states AND Territories)  and ANYTHING I'm ignorantly leaving out.

It might be easier then making a "Your thought on" every gd thing in the world?

 

Maybe a sub-forum "Think About You?"  I could, like these threads, go on for days...  Pretty sure we're getting trolled.

 

 

 

Edited by DeadSlash
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Instead of a separate thread for "Your thoughts on..." every song, magazine article, show, radio interview, fan art, reference to GnR in popular culture that originally aired after 7PM on a Thursday, marriage, divorce, guitar chord, Paul Tobias shirt, Pittman sound effect, individual members favorite state bird(all 50 states AND Territories,  and ANYTHING I'm ignorantly leaving out.

It might be easier then making a "Your thought on" every gd thing in the world?

 

Maybe a sub-forum "Think About You?"  I could, like these threads, go on for days...

 

 

 

We have that, it's called the Jungle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont really have any tought on GNR lately, they got beck, they toured the world twice playing the same show god knows how many times and still no sign of a single new song. Nothing positive will come if we keep thinking about GNR too much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the drummers were always the least important part in GNR.

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....


But who cares about the drums anyway?
Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

I think that the drummers were always the least important part in GNR.

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....


But who cares about the drums anyway?
Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

Nah, each drummer definitely brought something different, Adler and Brain were the best IMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, each drummer definitely brought something different, Adler and Brain were the best IMO.

yes yes...but adler was way too simple, Sorum was way too complicated and heavy, and Brain was out of this world. 
For me, Brain, sorum and Freese. Not necessarily in this order

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

yes yes...but adler was way too simple, Sorum was way too complicated and heavy, and Brain was out of this world. 
For me, Brain, sorum and Freese. Not necessarily in this order

Adler was 'rock n roll'. The perfect AFD drummer. How can he be called 'too simple' when Sorum literally played the same (simple) fill on almost every UYI track? :lol: Plenty of great classic rock songs have simple, groovy beats ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Adler was 'rock n roll'. The perfect AFD drummer. How can he be called 'too simple' when Sorum literally played the same (simple) fill on almost every UYI track? :lol: Plenty of great classic rock songs have simple, groovy beats ;)

Dead horse and even black leather are examples of what I think the drums for a GNR song should sound like. 

My "dreamteam" would be : Axl, Slash, Buckethead, 4TUS, Duff, Freese/Mantia

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Dead horse and even black leather are examples of what I think the drums for a GNR song should sound like. 

My "dreamteam" would be : Axl, Slash, Buckethead, 4TUS, Duff, Freese/Mantia

I'd say the best examples are Paradise City, Rocket Queen, Mr Brownstone and Locomotive.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeonKinight said:

I think that the drummers were always the least important part in GNR.

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....


But who cares about the drums anyway?
Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about each member.  I can't get into drums like some people do, I just don't hear it.  If I heard a new song on the radio and Axl was singing, I would immediately know it was Axl.  If I heard a new song with Slash, there is about a 75% chance I'd say "Wait, is that Slash?"  There has never been, and will never be a moment where I hear a new song and say "Oh shit! That's ___________ on the drums!" 

 

Matt Sorum was supposed to be this really uber talented drummer, but he just played what he was told, so did it really matter? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, each drummer definitely brought something different, Adler and Brain were the best IMO.

I just hate the way Brains drums sound.. the playing is great, but if you listen to HOB, Rock in Rio or Boston from 02, just sounds lacking in the mix. I felt like he was never present or high enough in the live sound to really show how he played. A shame too, he's second to me, after Adler. Adler just brought a unique groove that made their sound work. Rocket Queen never sounded the same after he was gone. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

yes yes...but adler was way too simple, Sorum was way too complicated and heavy, and Brain was out of this world. 
For me, Brain, sorum and Freese. Not necessarily in this order

So frank would be predictable and abit boring?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...