"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

24 minutes ago, James Bond said:

He must have cloned himself in 2010 and it was that clone that he sent out on the AC/DC tour.

Yea that’s why the reunion worked so well. Axl sent his clone to deal with Slash and went and had fun as real Axl with ACDC. 

Axl seemed to know exactly how much it cost to clone things in that first ACDC interview. 

The massive success of Appetite for Destruction is kind of unfortunate in a way. If it had just gone gold or maybe even platinum - basically enough to keep them going/signed but not make them superstars , it would have been much better for the band long term. The original (and best) lineup would have stayed together longer and we'd have a lot more music.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigpoop said:

The massive success of Appetite for Destruction is kind of unfortunate in a way. If it had just gone gold or maybe even platinum - basically enough to keep them going/signed but not make them superstars , it would have been much better for the band long term. The original (and best) lineup would have stayed together longer and we'd have a lot more music.

Without the success it might have fallen apart straight away? 

I think Niven was always thinking of replacing Axl. He might have just taken Izzy solo if AFD bombed. 

On 02/09/2018 at 4:31 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

My world is the best rap song on Use Your Illusions.

Shotgun Blues is the song with the most legitimate beef. 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Uncle Bob said:

I think Gn'R should work with James Cameron and release a new song with the new Terminator 3

All girl Terminator with a song featuring Melissa fuckin' Reese.  I like this.

2 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Mega threads like this kill forums. 

I think they do less damage than people making new "Your thoughts on..." when the exact same question has been asked over a dozen times in the past 10 years. 

"Do you like Madagascar?" -2006 x12 threads

"How do you Feel About Madagascar?" 2008 x23 threads

"What is your opinion on Madagascar?" 2010 x7 threads

"Madagascar appreciation thread." 2012 x11 threads

"IS Madagascar your favorite Guns song?" 2014 x3 threads

"Is Madagascar an Epic?" 2016 x2 threads

"What are your thoughts on Madagascar?" 2018 x__ threads.

I've been listening to paradise city since 1987 and only noticed a couple of weeks ago the deep low voice on the intro when singing take me down to paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty oh won't you please take me home. Its funny to find something new in the song for me after 31 years of listening to it.

48 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I've been listening to paradise city since 1987 and only noticed a couple of weeks ago the deep low voice on the intro when singing take me down to paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty oh won't you please take me home. Its funny to find something new in the song for me after 31 years of listening to it.

One of my weird GnR moments was like maybe 10 years ago or so, on the radio they asked "What was the only song on AFD that used a synthesizer?" It was to win some station SWAG.  I could sing that entire album, from beginning to end and not miss one word, and I completely was blank on what song has a synthesizer.  It's so obvious when you listen to PC, and I'll never forget that it has synth, but to think I'd been listening for 20 years at that time and it never stood out to me?  

• Like 1

Has anyone of you guys noticed that magical moment in the Saskatoon 93 video during KOHD? It’s during the sing-along part: Axl stands sideways in front of Slash, who is sitting on the sofa; Slash keeps spitting on the floor, while Axl is standing there without movement. Slash keeps smiling, but then he spits once more to a distance which is in Axl’s line of sight: at that moment, Axl starts laughing and Slash bursts into laughing as well, covering his face.

This small fucking gem is absolutely lovely, you can see the chemistry etc. Next time some smartass tells you they hated each other completely during that part of the tour, show them this moment. Priceless.

• Like 2