"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

6 hours ago, Ratam said:

I'm think that.Matt parents both born in Denmark.

Tough it was Norway and Danmark. But i think farther back than parents

11 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

So looking forward to that, will see both that night. Only Izzy and Steven missing :)

Me too🥳. Any stage times yet? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gjezzen said:

Tough it was Norway and Danmark. But i think farther back than parents

Me too🥳. Any stage times yet? 

I'm waiting for the stage times too, can't see them on the website or app. I have written in the Copenhell post under the 2023 World Tour section that if someone from here wants to meet up there, I'm up for it! I think there's one more person here who is going (could be more but they haven't made themselves known)

• Like 1

For those with all the bootleg knowledge need some help ... Used to be an awesome live version of Coma on YT before "the purge" ... All I remember was it was titled as being from '93 (although that could be inaccurate) and at the beginning Axl was making a joke about how they're being "professional" or something to that effect for the crowd ... Any idea what show? 

16 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

For those with all the bootleg knowledge need some help ... Used to be an awesome live version of Coma on YT before "the purge" ... All I remember was it was titled as being from '93 (although that could be inaccurate) and at the beginning Axl was making a joke about how they're being "professional" or something to that effect for the crowd ... Any idea what show? 

Apparently only performed once in ‘93 in Omaha 👍🏼 
https://www.setlist.fm/song/guns-n-roses/coma-43d6ff4b.html

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's the bonus track from Live Era, from Omaha '93 like Danny said.

"We haven't played this in about a year... and you thought you were paying to see professionals!"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"We haven't played this in about a year... and you thought you were paying to see professionals!"

"And instead we're just jerkoffs like everybody else."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

"And instead we're just jerkoffs like everybody else."

That's it! Thanks guys! 

21 hours ago, mystery said:

Went from listening to Scott Joplin ragtime to wondering how Axl took up piano and found this radio interview I never heard. The story is interesting but his voice is also the deepest I've heard it.

He sounds like he is about to drift off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

So the Reunion has been going almost as long as the original run now. 

Jan 18 1986 - July 17 1993 = 2737 days
Apr 01 2016 - May 31 2023 = 2616 days

Just 121 days. Mad when you look at it that way

And during this run we’ve only had two new *reworked* songs released 😵‍💫 It’s been fun though and nice to see the friendship between the main two be repaired. 

6 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

And during this run we’ve only had two new *reworked* songs released 😵‍💫 

compared to 3 albums, 2 EP's in the main run. And yeah Axl/Slash/Duff are getting on better with time. Does anyone know when they started talking again?

3 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

compared to 3 albums, 2 EP's in the main run. And yeah Axl/Slash/Duff are getting on better with time. Does anyone know when they started talking again?

I think around spring 2015. Axl said in the Brazilian TV Interview he tried calling slash while he was on tour in south America, which was in March that year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ssiscool said:

I think in mid 2015(ish) Slash announced during an interview that he and Axl were on good terms again. Was awesome news and I remember the forum getting a bit excited 😂 During that time the band went super quiet and rumours started to build momentum. Can easily find it on YouTube 👍🏼 So I’d guess between late 2014 and early 2015

6 hours ago, D4NNY said:

And during this run we’ve only had two new *reworked* songs released 😵‍💫 It’s been fun though and nice to see the friendship between the main two be repaired. 

Yeah, sometimes I still think how low the odds were that Axl and Slash would ever appear on the same stage again. That in itself was a miracle.

• Like 1