"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

I've heard audio of it but on the A-4-D site I watched video of Axl's 1999 interview with Kurt Loder and its so odd. Its Kurt Loder in the studio by himself while they put a 1992 picture of Axl on a screen because he didn't bother to show up in person.

Its a prime example that he didn't want to be seen publicly those years because how hard would it have been to fly to New York real quick at a time when no touring or other promotion was being done?

On 6/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, BucketEgg said:

Maybe I've said this before, but I am so glad that Guns N Roses fans have their own websites to meet-up on the internet, and that the fans are also very active on these fan-owned sites.
it's way better than trawling through twitter or instagram or tiktok or discord and those other platforms. It's so easy to find each other, and search for old stuff. And if you're away for some time, you don't have to worry about missing out on reactions to something happening, because of site-algorithms determining a topic isn't hot anymore. It's so easy to click a few pages back, and read the stuff.

And the ability to post long text is just great. I feel like long-text should be something standard to internet fandoms, but the way people are so happy to congregate on places where long text can't be placed, or it's a pain to attempt to do it, it isn't!

Once I came across this place, it hit me how cramped and/or disorganised those popular social media platforms are.

It's sad, when I joined this forum and discovered Guns in 2011, thinking a new album was imminent... I was still on lots of forums for all my favourite bands. Endless long discussions, debates, threads for each gig etc. Especially for Adam Ant and Prince, two of my other favourites. All those forums have disappeared and now it's just twitter comments and FB groups where most comments are under 5 words.

2 hours ago, mystery said:

I've heard audio of it but on the A-4-D site I watched video of Axl's 1999 interview with Kurt Loder and its so odd. Its Kurt Loder in the studio by himself while they put a 1992 picture of Axl on a screen because he didn't bother to show up in person.

Its a prime example that he didn't want to be seen publicly those years because how hard would it have been to fly to New York real quick at a time when no touring or other promotion was being done?

He did make an appearance not too long after in 2000 at Gilbys show. Prior to that we had the 98 mugshot but in those early internet days very few must've seen those pictures. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

It's sad, when I joined this forum and discovered Guns in 2011, thinking a new album was imminent... I was still on lots of forums for all my favourite bands. Endless long discussions, debates, threads for each gig etc. Especially for Adam Ant and Prince, two of my other favourites. All those forums have disappeared and now it's just twitter comments and FB groups where most comments are under 5 words.

He did make an appearance not too long after in 2000 at Gilbys show. Prior to that we had the 98 mugshot but in those early internet days very few must've seen those pictures. 

That was basically an impromptu thing though. Axl went out then so he wasn't a complete shut-in but they had OMG, new music thought to be coming, and Live Era out in November 1999. It would have definitely helped to show up in person when even Michael Jackson was doing sit down interviews with MTV at the time.

A week or 2 after he had the Rolling Stone interview where they described what he looked like but there were zero pictures taken. You get the sense that he didn't want to be seen on camera which is the opposite now where they're posting social media pics and the band is touring every year.

Patton Oswalt on Axl @ MTV (old)

From Reddit 
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/1455xfj/sorry_axl_fans/

This is really funny, but does anyone have any idea which VMA he’s talking about? The only two with WTTJ I know of are 88 and 02. This description, however, fits neither. 

Edited by jamillos

And a Columbo case #2:
This is a Christmas present from my sister’s bf. He’s a photographer / graphic designer, so he kinda printed it and basically made a painting out of it for me, to be put on the wall. When I asked him where he’d got it, he said somewhere off the net, but I’m almost convinced this is some official litho. 
Now, the question is, does anyone have any idea what city/event/date/whatever this is related to? I'd just like to know what it is that I'm about to hang on my wall (yes, I still haven't put it up). Can provide a better resolution/pic if needed. 
Much appreciated, and that will be all for tonight, thank you! 

bez_nz12.png

Edited by jamillos

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

And a Columbo case #2:
This is a Christmas present from my sister’s bf. He’s a photographer / graphic designer, so he kinda printed it and basically made a painting out of it for me, to be put on the wall. When I asked him where he’d got it, he said somewhere off the net, but I’m almost convinced this is some official litho. 
Now, the question is, does anyone have any idea what city/event/date/whatever this is related to? I'd just like to know what it is that I'm about to hang on my wall (yes, I still haven't put it up). Can provide a better resolution/pic if needed. 
Much appreciated, and that will be all for tonight, thank you! 

bez_nz12.png

Recife, Brazil last year show

http://lithorati.com/2020tour/2022-09-04 Recife.html

Got a question for those who possess knowledge! 

I've ordered tickets for Glasgow via the Ticketmaster Resale service, which include physical tickets. The thing is, I live abroad in Norway and am slightly nervous as to if I'll even get the tickets in due time. I'll be travelling a day before the gig, so I should have received them before then, but is there anyone else with experience around this?

1 hour ago, kruelty said:

Got a question for those who possess knowledge! 

I've ordered tickets for Glasgow via the Ticketmaster Resale service, which include physical tickets. The thing is, I live abroad in Norway and am slightly nervous as to if I'll even get the tickets in due time. I'll be travelling a day before the gig, so I should have received them before then, but is there anyone else with experience around this?

Download the ticketmaster app. The tickets are usually there too as a qr code. 

• Like 2

Just looking up some Steven adler videos that I’d watched before and there was new ones from a month ago, and I hate to see it, but Steven is starting to sound slow on the drums and looks many years older than the 58 he is. That’s not surprising given what he’s put his body through, but still kind of sad to him look old.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

So Duff sang "I Wanna Be Your Dog" last tour, and Izzy has a song called Like A Dog in his solo discography, which has lyrics about wanting to be a a dog.

Are there any other people in this band that want to be dogs?

I think Axl want to be 🐹

• Haha 1

What Guns N'Roses songs does Izzy play lead guitar on? 😀 I looked up Night Train on YouTube, and Fans were like,"You can tell Izzy is playing lead guitar and Slash is playing rhythm guitar on Night Train. It's incredibly nice to hear Izzy playing lead guitar on a song, but extremely rare."  I think Fans said Izzy plays Lead Guitar on Back Off Bitch too. 😀 Can anyone give me a list of Izzy as Lead Guitar songs? 😀