"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Also, I think we don't really get to choose when it comes to the stuff that we care about as fans and maybe even as people or at least, it's not really as simple as making a choice to care. Sometimes life seems to shape it, at least a little bit and maybe it depends on what type of fan you are and to what you can relate to in Gn'R land. 

personally i like the silly and trivial discussions because they're fun as well. :popcorn:

also i heard apparently the raincoat had returned in the NITL tour :D

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/aw42m0/i_cant_believe_he_brought_out_the_cursed_yellow/

26rsmqfuyhj21.jpg

I wonder if the raincoat was some expensive designer raincoat, or he was just walking in the shops and saw this big yellow jacket. Maybe the jacket somehow spoke to his soul in all its yellow glory, and he wanted it that instant

(on a random tangent) i heard Vincent Van Gogh's favourite colour was yellow

On 4/18/2023 at 7:27 AM, BucketEgg said:

that section  talking about dealing the lawyers being so suddenly nasty, and Axl possibly not even tuned in on what was going on with the Rapidfire situation closely, is nuts.

Especially by this quote which comes across as saying, that despite heavy involvement in the situation, even  Lawrence didn't know why the lawyers were being so heavy

And then on the finale, the tapes were released without any drama from Axl's lawyers.

Those lawyers kicked up such a massive fuss, cause so much stress to Lawrence and Joshua for years, but then when the tapes actually come out? Not a word from them?! I am so confused on why the lawyers put in so much effort in the first place, to achieve nothing good.

Only the GnR camp know this, but what was even going on with Axl and his lawyers, and the level of communication between them. Does Axl know that the people representing him legally are acting in that manner?

A very sad saga to find out in detail.

The part where Axl asked about the rapidfire tapes in the mid 90's, but never called back, was strange. i wonder if Axl forgot about it or moved location by the time Lawrence called.

Nuisance lawsuits are used by rich people because they can afford lawyers to silence poor people who can't.  They had no grounds to stand on and they knew it, but that didn't matter because they make their targets suffer.

Control over others if far more important to Axl than making any music.  Slash doesn't even know how many songs he's worked on, even though when he promotes a new album, he discusses pre-production, recording, the number of tracks, all of that.  Axl has been doing this for decades and is surrounded by people who always let him get away with it.  That's why I stand by that there really isn't anything in the way of new tracks with vocals.  That doesn't help Axl control others so he avoids it as much as possible.

Can’t help myself, I just love the man, sorry. The essence and apotheosis of rock music. 
Too melodramatic, you say? Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. 

PS for censors paid by TB: this is not an illegal GN'R video, so get fucked. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

47 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Can’t help myself, I just love the man, sorry. The essence and apotheosis of rock music. 

That's always been one of my top 3 performances by Axl ever. Peak performance. I bought a shitty Tom Petty bootleg vinyl once just because that rendition was on it and I wanted to crank this on loud on my audio system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Axl's vocals at 3:42 are still one of the best vocal things ive ever heard him do, live or studio.

so according to this article:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12831

axl knows how to build a pc.

one possible reason for building custom PCs is for gaming.

if he plays multiplayer games, there's a chance someone out there, while playing video games, got beat by axl rose, and never knew it.  i wonder if axl would bother with in-game voice chat, it's not like everyone out there would recognise his speaking voice and people start annoying him about it, especially among all the other dudes that use voice-chat. or if he would participate  in the trash-talk that appears in some multiplayer games 💀 he probably wouldn't because he'd be arguing with a bunch of 13 year old kids a lot of the time, but if he does, the trash-talking must be legendary

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

is 999 just a random number that Izzy picked for his social media, or is there something special about the number to him?

Maybe he meant for it to be 1999, which may be the year Axl recorded vocals on Down By The Ocean :P 

• Haha 2

By the way, the image hosting site Imgur is undergoing massive changes soon. One of these changes is deleting any images that were uploaded without the user logging into an imgur account.

I know there's a few imgur images around on this forum, most likely uploaded without making/logging into an Imgur account. So if there's any important/rare images you want to save, that are hosted on Imgur, do it before May 15th, because on that day and after, they're going to be gone from the Imgur database.

52 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

By the way, the image hosting site Imgur is undergoing massive changes soon. One of these changes is deleting any images that were uploaded without the user logging into an imgur account.

I know there's a few imgur images around on this forum, most likely uploaded without making/logging into an Imgur account. So if there's any important/rare images you want to save, that are hosted on Imgur, do it before May 15th, because on that day and after, they're going to be gone from the Imgur database.

They'll go from here too I'd imagine. Photobucket did the same thing years ago. If you look back at older threads you'll notice a lot of missing pics

On 9/1/2018 at 4:49 AM, NeonKinight said:

I think that the drummers were always the least important part in GNR.

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....

But who cares about the drums anyway?
Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

The drums are as integral a part as any other instrument. If there was a really clean and precise drummer on AFD, it would not have had a lot of its charm. It would have changed the whole sound of the band and made everybody play differently.

Simple is not bad either. But if you can't hear it, then you can't hear it. 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, BucketEgg said:

if there's important imgur hosted images you wanted to keep, (e.g. some of them in the Wilderness years thread), today is the last day before Imgur possibly deletes them!