Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Still not confused about you implying that tap water is unsafe.

y42c7bDh.jpg

Indeed you are still confused by that. I was promoting the use of tap water. :facepalm: And I posted about myself and I do require a filter. And you dont know anything about that nor the local water supply, nor my other uses for it. Speaking from pure ignorance. Your decade old dogma compelled you to try and draw connections that werent in my post. You've essentially created a conspiracy theory that a separate conspiracy theory is in play :rofl-lol:

This is how one promotes tap water in 2019.

Just now, soon said:

Indeed you are still confused by that. I was promoting the use of tap water. :facepalm: 

You were promoting the use of filters because, as you claimed, it makes tap water more "safe" to drink and implied this was because tap water contains "chlorine" and "other junk".

Again, if this only pertains to you, and you accept that tap water is entirely safe for the vast majority of people without the use of additional filters, then that was crucial information missing from your post. You can't blame people for reading your post and thinking you believe tap water is dangerous. Because that is actually what you wrote.

Anyway, I don't believe you. I think you actually believe there are dangerous levels of toxic compounds in water but you backtrack because you now know the evidence is against you and you don't want to come across as somewhat of a kook. In your circles such conspiracy theories are likely common and you forgot that this forum contains people less likely to believe unfounded nonsense. So then you try to make it sound like you were talking about yourself all the time, despite what you actually wrote. As if the argument that you suffer from some super rare hyper-sensitivity to chlorine and "tap water junk" makes you come across less like a poor tin-foil hat wearing casus.

And no, I don't think Greta Thunberg would approve of people buying stuff they don't need because they have been fooled into thinking they need it. That is consumerism at its worst. We need less crap, not more.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

''Tap water gate''! You have to hand it to Soul, he could start an argument with a brick wall. 

@soon isn't a brick wall, though, he is participating as much as I am. He even started the discussion by saying he had bought a filter to make tap water safe to drink. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

And no, I don't think Greta Thunberg would approve of people buying stuff they don't need because they have been fooled into thinking they need it. That is consumerism at its worst. We need less crap, not more.

@soon isn't a brick wall, though, he is participating as much as I am. He even started the discussion by saying he had bought a filter to make tap water safe to drink. 

Please continue. The drama is just too riveting...

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You were promoting the use of filters because, as you claimed, it makes tap water more "safe" to drink and implied this was because tap water contains "chlorine" and "other junk".

Again, if this only pertains to you, and you accept that tap water is entirely safe for the vast majority of people without the use of additional filters, then that was crucial information missing from your post. You can't blame people for reading your post and thinking you believe tap water is dangerous. Because that is actually what you wrote.

Anyway, I don't believe you. I think you actually believe there are dangerous levels of toxic compounds in water but you backtrack because you now know the evidence is against you and you don't want to come across as somewhat of a kook. In your circles such conspiracy theories are likely common and you forgot that this forum contains people less likely to believe unfounded nonsense. So then you try to make it sound like you were talking about yourself all the time, despite what you actually wrote. As if the argument that you suffer from some super rare hyper-sensitivity to chlorine and "tap water junk" makes you come across less like a poor tin-foil hat wearing casus.

Your rambling nonsense has failed to convince me of what ever you are trying to convince me of :lol: 

-“ just drink the chlorine” was mere propaganda on the pro tap water side, which I am an active member of. Since moving on from that deeply disablist assertion we can still make pro tap water arguments that are more effective, inclusive and nuanced. We’ve all moved on from your dogmatic wedge approach.

- I also drink spring water which is objectively better quality and healthier then tap water ( I mean, I hope that’s okay with you? :lol:) There is a spectrum of quality. So in addition to my health needs, I choose to drink the best quality of tap water possible. And that includes removing stuff that I don’t want in my body. You don’t need to if you don’t want to.

- not even drinking bottled water while camping - especially long term is rather rare. I do that. Bet it’s more than you’ve done in support of using tap water only, you saviour of tap water you :lol:

23 minutes ago, soon said:

We’ve all moved on from your dogmatic wedge approach.

So informing you that tap water is safe to drink and that you are gullible for having bought a filter to make it safe, is a "dogmatic wedge approach"? Okay :D 

- I also drink spring water which is objectively better quality and healthier then tap water ( I mean, I hope that’s okay with you? :lol:

It depends on the source of the tap water (lake, dam, spring, ground water, etc), how it is purified, and the conditions of the pipes and tap; and the condition of the spring. 

And of course I am okay with you drinking whatever you want to drink. I don't care about you. But when you post nonsense that implies Canadian tap water is unsafe to drink, I will correct it.

And that includes removing stuff that I don’t want in my body. 

Other people might criticise the way our societies have been set up, for granting corporations the power and freedom to convince people they need crap they don't need, and thus enslaving people to consumerism, but I think we just have to take the good with the bad. It's the price we pay. So go nuts. Get rid of those dangerous chemicals! Maybe you can connect the filters in series to remove even more of the junk?

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So informing you that tap water is safe to drink and that you are gullible for having bought a filter to make it safe, is a "dogmatic wedge approach"? Okay :D 

It depends on the source of the tap water (lake, dam, spring, ground water, etc), how it is purified, and the conditions of the pipes and tap; and the condition of the spring. 

And of course I am okay with you drinking whatever you want to drink. I don't care about you. But when you post nonsense that implies Canadian tap water is unsafe to drink, I will correct it.

Other people might criticise the way our societies have been set up, for granting corporations the power and freedom to convince people they need crap they don't need, and thus enslaving people to consumerism, but I think we just have to take the good with the bad. It's the price we pay. So go nuts. Get rid of those dangerous chemicals! Maybe you can connect the filters in series to remove even more of the junk?

So you remain confused and entrenched in an erroneous assumption. I dont care. 

Isn't that a thing in Canada and the states and shit?  That the water ain't safe to drink in every state/place?  I dunno, I'm not an expert on that shit, this is aside from fuckin'...what was it Flint Michigan and that?  People from places like Tampa have told me that no one drinks the tap water there, there's something the matter with it, smells funny or something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Isn't that a thing in Canada and the states and shit?  That the water ain't safe to drink in every state/place?  I dunno, I'm not an expert on that shit, this is aside from fuckin'...what was it Flint Michigan and that?  People from places like Tampa have told me that no one drinks the tap water there, there's something the matter with it, smells funny or something.

In Canada tap water is generally entirely safe to drink. Exceptions are out in the more rural areas.

Even here in Norway where our tap water is of very good quality, there are people buying into conspiracy theories that stuff in the water is unsafe and buy filters to purify it further.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Maybe somebody Tampa’d with it? :lol: 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Whats she talking about in that video the mad cow, 'you've stolen my childhood', is her manor really that buggered off of climate change?