09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

You both are right.  There is nothing wrong with being a musician and getting that one ,big break. That line of work is not steady unless you get that one big break.  Hired gun for life. Good job if you can get it. Frank and Fortus did. Sorum in GnR lead to the principals taking him to VR.

Edited by Amaya

13 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

🤦‍♂️ . Slash and Duff are replacing DJ and Tommy. Plain and simple. This version of GNR will put  out a record. JFC stop tryin to creat fictional drama like the band is constantly fighting. Its simply false and overdramatic

Slash wanted Fortus for the Conspirators but Rich said no.  Slash wanted to play with him for a long time.

How the fuck were they not the first choice? Richard has been there since 02 and Frank 06. Richard is well known  in the industry for being adaptable to any situation. POP ,Rap  etc  He can play anything 

Richard and Frank have known each other along time Richard is the one who recommended frank

Axl Slash and Duff are happy with them. You are just making stuff up . You have no idea what they prefer.... Stop acting like you do.

Every thread is 

Frank is bad , Richard bad . Slash, Axl , Duff don’t like

Steven and Izzy are never going to be full time members ever again. Steven because he cant keep his fucking mouth shut and Izzy because he likes the way his life is right now

Fernando :facepalm:

Things do not become real just because you want them to.

JFC, you are aware your wrote here about stuff nobody ever mentioned or you misread, right?

Where in that text did anyone ever mention anybody is fighting!?  LOL

Steve is not there because he can't keep his mouth shut!?  WTF  You forbid him or what?

Izzy will never be there because 'he likes his life right now', WTF?  Where do you get that crap from?  'They didn't want to split the loot' - does that come from someone who himself doesn't want to be in the band because he enjoys his life right now?

You really know for a fact that Slash wante Fartus in his band???

You actually missed when FnF said 'We were called back last minute to come down to rehersals'?

You actually missed Duff saying 'We waitid for Iz with his amps for 3 months at the rehersals'.

Dude :facepalm:

Get your facts straight before you try proving someone wrong

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

oh they've recorded an album or are doing that?? do tell...please everyone would like to know that quasi half assed confirmation that fortus and dizzy have been saying for decades 

slash is pissed and u can tell by his stage mannerisms he hates fortus and current GNR - he hasn't smiled once at the show and is doing it purely for the money and the empty promise that axl has been dangling of doing an original album unfortunately this carrot has run its course and NITL will implode sooner than later folks 

You’re a troll and you know it. 

Also he had fortus play at his solo shows because he hates him so much. You’re a joke and should be banned.

Edited by Flake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Funny that you mentioned it... this is the front page of Richard's personal website:  http://www.richardfortus.com/

If 4tus wants to acknowledge that Axl appreciates his playing (a lot) and thinks he is a great fit for the band-  that's totally fine. And there's nothing wrong with being proud of your own skills and achievements.  But looking at that web page gives me impression that his most important attribute as a guitarist  is the fact that Axl likes him. 

Well, I haven't looked at his website in about 5 years, but look! There's no way you're going to be a successful player, without at least a little bit of showboating. Using a testimonial from a guy like Axl is a great token for your website, and you have to remember that Richard is also a popular session guitar player outside of GNR. Advertising and signposting your career is a no brainer, especially if you have a big win like GNR in there somewhere. Not saying he's playing on hit records every other day, but people do look for his services and yes, some of that is down to his involvement in GNR, and the rest is down to the fact that he's an incredibly tight and reliable player. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amaya said:

And his most  impt attribute is Axl likes him.. There is nothing wrong with that. If Axl did not like him personally and did not think he was a  good fit professionally, then RF would not be in this great job. 

It is not mean. He has had a what, 15 to 18 year job BECAUSE AXL, an owner of GnR likes him. There is nothing wrong with that. Same for Frank. Both men are laughing and grateful , thankful all the way to the bank  Add the cherry on top is touring the world and seeing the world several times over on this 3.5 years  and continuing massive tour playing stadiums. What a  lucky break. It sure beats being another nobody, sideman guitarist. 

Well if it its not richard it COULD have been ashba....😖. Im sure richard, well i hope, he should be privileged and lucky to be in a band like this. It's how slash described sorum coming into the band. Coming into a big and already successful band is every muscians dream. Im sure richard feels lucky. But agree without guns he would be in an unknown band. Kind of felt sorry for dave kushner when VR disbanded. I often wondered why kushner wasnt asked to join SKMC.

1 minute ago, Flake said:

Troll. 

why because im saying shit that ruffles your feathers the wrong way 

sorry i'll correct myself to be in line 

the NITL is awesome ever surprising to my ears and allows me to rejoice my ever loyalty to the band b/c 4+ years of milking is fine if u can do it - 

buddy, GNR is an embarassement they are touring these red neck cities cause that's all that's left, even casual fans know now that its a milk show 

29 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

why because im saying shit that ruffles your feathers the wrong way 

No.cause you're pulling shit out of your ass because it fits your view of the band. Your hatred is embarrassing and to be honest I think you have a psychological problem if you need to vent your hate with spilling lies and bullshit on a forum. But to each his own

Edited by Flake

37 minutes ago, Flake said:

No.cause you're pulling shit out of your ass because it fits your view of the band. Your hatred is embarrassing and to be honest I think you have a psychological problem if you need to vent your hate with spilling lies and bullshit on a forum. But to each his own

sorry pal i'm a bigger fan than you and most guys on this forum

but if you wanna drink the kool aid then send me some VIP tickets and maybe i'll think about attending one of these shows, i'll even get the airfare and bring some chicks 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Everyone hurry up and watch this before it gets taken down.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well if it its not richard it COULD have been ashba....😖. Im sure richard, well i hope, he should be privileged and lucky to be in a band like this. It's how slash described sorum coming into the band. Coming into a big and already successful band is every muscians dream. Im sure richard feels lucky. But agree without guns he would be in an unknown band. Kind of felt sorry for dave kushner when VR disbanded. I often wondered why kushner wasnt asked to join SKMC.

I think Slash wanted all new people in his solo band to establish it as his own project, no one connected to GnR or VR. Otherwise he could've gotten Matt or Gilby or whoever to join. And I'm glad he did that, because now he has an amazing kick-ass band with his name on it that isn't tied to his previous stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Everybody is happy. Everybody is healthy. The show's are starting on time. There are no cancellations, the show's are selling incredibly well, everybody is having a great time around the world and celebrating this return.  They are working on new music as far as we know.  Why not be optimistic?  

Some things are good, some things are not.. I have enjoyed the reunion for the most part... Can't say anything about it has been the best it has ever been from a "fans" perspective but I guess you meant more from the band's perspective... From a fan's perspective is more what I was talking about.. I saw 3 shows back in the day and 3 shows this tour and to say the band sounds as good or the shows were as good as back then would be a lie.. That isn't saying the "reunion" shows aren't good but just no where near on the level as back then.. No need to get into the details but there are several factors leading to this.. As far as new music, rehashed leftovers from Chinese Democracy aren't very exciting to me. I know that CD was popular on these boards but there are many here and in the general population that just didn't like CD. I could give a rats ass if they play "hard school" tonight or any other CD song.  Plus they have been together for almost 4 years and they haven't released a note of music.. That was way longer than they ever took when the classic band was still together.. They thought it took forever to get the UYI's out and that was only 2 years... 

Again, I have enjoyed the shows I went to... If they came around my area this leg, I would have went.. On the other side of that, this lineup just isn't worth traveling to see.. To me anyway.. I traveled to the first Vegas show and to be honest, I don't even know if that was worth it.. Maybe for the experience but not for the performance itself.. I waited almost 25 years for this and it just isn't as good as it could be. If things were different I would definitely travel more to see this band. I will still enjoy watching youtube clips although I have to pick and choose since some songs are just unwatchable.. I watched videos from this show for about an hour the other night. The Whiskey may have made it seem a bit better than it was but I still had a blast.. I really enjoyed seeing them on a small stage.. I get the most enjoyment out of watching Slash and Duff playing those classic songs again with the Guns N' Roses logo behind them. Axl is a bonus when he sounds decent. Aside from Dizzy I usually just block the others out whenever I can. 

Anyway, I need to get back to work.. Again, this is just from one fans perspective... I will still be buying tickets if and when they come this way again and check out any new music even though my expectations are pretty low.. 

I am sure the band is happy for the most part but I bet there are also things some would change if they could... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Amaya said:

It is not mean. He has had a what, 15 to 18 year job BECAUSE AXL, an owner of GnR likes him. 

Axl keeps whatever guitarist will put up with his BS.. Slash, Izzy, Finck, Bucketfoot, Bubblehead and DJ all quit...

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Some things are good, some things are not.. I have enjoyed the reunion for the most part... Can't say anything about it has been the best it has ever been from a "fans" perspective but I guess you meant more from the band's perspective... From a fan's perspective is more what I was talking about.. I saw 3 shows back in the day and 3 shows this tour and to say the band sounds as good or the shows were as good as back then would be a lie.. That isn't saying the "reunion" shows aren't good but just no where near on the level as back then.. No need to get into the details but there are several factors leading to this.. As far as new music, rehashed leftovers from Chinese Democracy aren't very exciting to me. I know that CD was popular on these boards but there are many here and in the general population that just didn't like CD. I could give a rats ass if they play "hard school" tonight or any other CD song.  Plus they have been together for almost 4 years and they haven't released a note of music.. That was way longer than they ever took when the classic band was still together.. They thought it took forever to get the UYI's out and that was only 2 years... 

Again, I have enjoyed the shows I went to... If they came around my area this leg, I would have went.. On the other side of that, this lineup just isn't worth traveling to see.. To me anyway.. I traveled to the first Vegas show and to be honest, I don't even know if that was worth it.. Maybe for the experience but not for the performance itself.. I waited almost 25 years for this and it just isn't as good as it could be. If things were different I would definitely travel more to see this band. I will still enjoy watching youtube clips although I have to pick and choose since some songs are just unwatchable.. I watched videos from this show for about an hour the other night. The Whiskey may have made it seem a bit better than it was but I still had a blast.. I really enjoyed seeing them on a small stage.. I get the most enjoyment out of watching Slash and Duff playing those classic songs again with the Guns N' Roses logo behind them. Axl is a bonus when he sounds decent. Aside from Dizzy I usually just block the others out whenever I can. 

Anyway, I need to get back to work.. Again, this is just from one fans perspective... I will still be buying tickets if and when they come this way again and check out any new music even though my expectations are pretty low.. 

I am sure the band is happy for the most part but I bet there are also things some would change if they could... 

Would your opinion on hard school change had we not know it was a CD leftover and it debuted tonight? Is it just a bias toward any known CD song/left over?

54 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sorry pal i'm a bigger fan than you and most guys on this forum

but if you wanna drink the kool aid then send me some VIP tickets and maybe i'll think about attending one of these shows, i'll even get the airfare and bring some chicks 

You still didn't get what I was saying. Nevermind.

3 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Would your opinion on hard school change had we not know it was a CD leftover and it debuted tonight? Is it just a bias toward any known CD song/left over?

Maybe but I don't like any of the other CD stuff they play so I can't imagine this will be any different. Having their first "new" song being some rehashed song from a terrible era is incredibly lazy and unexciting.. They can't come up with one original song in 4 years?

@Tom-Ass TruTrue in regards of who stays. But that is the same of anyone who has a job-career rsp. working for a privately owned company. . Who works for whom? Axl owns his own company. All the names you mentionrd, they wete staff excrpt for Izzy. He was an owner and took a buyout from the company he 1/5 owned and founded  and contributed to.                                                                     @Tom-Ass I am going to the Austin show. I have waited long enough because I wanted to see if Steve and Izzy would be on the tour , some legs of it and  petforming at least for parts of those shows. That was GnR.  You and I have a better chance of performing than those 2 guys, lol. Last show  I  saw  and for free was in 1980s....At my univ.. and I worked at the univ. arena.  I want to see A,S, and D who are GnR .The  staff on stage with them could be computers. That is not an insult to those 4 very talented , lucky musicians, but they are not GnR. I , confession people, I dont know anything about CD music. I don't care.  I never heard it. I only know AFD,  L, UYIs. I don't know leaks or  care about if they make a new cd.  I am a fan of the old music and a casual fan just wanting to see a good show of the old songs and look forward to having a good time.                            My post is not to insult any fan here or the other musicans.