Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...and what's also important is that 99 per cent of 'fans' don't care less about these leaks. Unreleased versions of CD era tracks and instrumentals really are the domain of forum-dwellers and obsessives. Even the 'new tracks' are greeted with indifference due to them featuring band members most 'fans' couldn't point out in a crowd. Doing things like this just gives publicity and fuel  to something that would have burnt out quickly on it's own. 

Yep. I'm getting some Metallica vs. Napster feelings here. It hurts the band's brand a lot more.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yelp. This particular fuck up seems to be the work of TB, but it's still on GNR overall. 

I'm not sure who is responsible for stuff like that, and I see people here always blaming TB for everything, even the lack of new material. I don't care about them, but Axl is a grown man, same for the rest of the band. They are accountable. 

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i can't see why the band can be pissed its promotional what he did 

because none of the songs are worth anything to the band - not moneywise anyways 

it ignited a lot of interest from the CD bois which are few and far between 

True. My interest in the band was at an all time low until the leaks started happening. I've honestly listened to more GNR in the last month than I have in the last 3 years, easy.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

This is just copy-paste of the Loudwire article posted in the OP (without crediting the source).

Seriously, this band has the weirdest fanbase ever 

True... I guess it goes along with the whole weirdness of the CD/NuGnR era.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

For a band that tries - perhaps even too hard to be "Rock N' Roll!," this is the least Rock N' Roll thing I've ever heard. What a joke. I get the legal issues behind it, and all that fun stuff, but this is stuff that we've largely already heard, 90% of it is useless without vocals on it, and I'd assume most was never gonna be heard until leaked, outside of a song or two. You obviously have a hungry fanbase that hasn't really had any new music in again - over a decade. If the band was actually active and made new material readily available, leaks like this don't happen. Just another thing Axl has done to further vilify himself, and come off as a massive fat choad. I don't believe the "blame Team Brazil" bullshit. The fish stinks from the head, and anyone with a brain knows Axl is, has, and always will be the last word when it comes to all things GNR. 

Guy probably threw a massive hissy fit when all this shit leaked, and this guy is the scapegoat and whipping post. What a joke this "band" has become. 

31 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Weird is an understatement. You have rabid fans like this Rick guy who went to a shit ton of shows when Axl was half filling hockey arenas. 

I think I have been to about 16 myself, and I'm not old enough to have seen the "original" band in their glory days. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

There's an epic comedy-drama just begging to be made based on the fanbase alone, with TB and their trolls as the big bad.

C'mon Netflix, get on it!

I've been saying this for weeks. Overall the entire situation would make a very interesting Netflix doc.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yep. I'm getting some Metallica vs. Napster feelings here. It hurts the band's brand a lot more.

Exactly. Just go after the guy legally, put your angry and feelings aside and don’t turn this whole thing into a show, it’s ridiculous. And yes, I think Axl is totally involved with this decision. Axl is not a puppet, TB wouldn’t make such a move without him knowing. People forget that Axl is a complete control freak and even though he seems more calm these days, it’s still Axl! Banning him totally looks like Axl’s little revenge.

So, Rick leaked his songs, Axl probably wants to kill the guy, don’t you think he is following up this story and deciding what to do with his team of lawyers, management etc? For me it’s a no-brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Exactly. Just go after the guy legally, put your angry and feelings aside and don’t turn this whole thing into a show, it’s ridiculous.

Wouldn't that have been worse for both sides, though? It would certainly make the band look more vengeful, and "Band sues fan" wouldn't be a pretty title in the media for sure.

• Like 2

I feel bad for Rick. He could easily just be an unfortunate scapegoat here.

Axl & co. have a legitimate right to be upset. I hate how GNR fans are treated and the lack of no new music, but it’s the artist and/or the owner of contents call on how he or she wants to sell and market their work. 

That said, banning him from a show is just a dick and petty move. These guys are giants relative to him  - both in the awe / respect he has for GNR - and financially / power wise.  Their lawyers could bankrupt this guy. It’s a bad look on GNR’s part - seems to be a recurring theme. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Based on that article it seems like they were looking for Rick from the first show onwards. I still think that if he had kept quiet about buying the CDs none of this would've happened. He put a target on his back by bragging about it online.

Completely agree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

What harm did Rick bring by attending a show? He paid for VIP tickets, meaning he gave the band a significant amount of his money. There was no reason to ban him! Plain and simple petty revenge, as others have stated. 

I would think making him miss out on a show is preferable to lawyers ruining his life. And prison showers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

I would think making him miss out on a show is preferable to lawyers ruining his life. And prison showers.

What law did he break? Purchasing items from a storage locker? I don’t think he was responsible for the leaks (I could be wrong, I dont know)

The whole situation is just ridiculous however you look at it.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

What law did he break? Purchasing items from a storage locker? I don’t think he was responsible for the leaks (I could be wrong, I dont know)

You have to remember that their (TB) stance is "YOU LEAKED MUSIC!", which is what the ban is based on. From what I understand, they believe that because Alfred told them so.

Taking that into consideration, that leads me to two questions: 1) Why on Earth would GNR look at Alfred as a solid source? 2) If they have proof that Rick leaked music, why isn't Rick locked up?

• GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1

What can he be arrested for if there isn't a court order against him? Sounds like an idle threat.

That being said if they don't want him to attend, they are well within their rights to kick him out.

More importantly, why would Rick want to go see a band who personally don't want him to attend... respect yourself, walk away.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

For the record, I don't think he leaked it either, but considering the locker just so happened to leak in it's entirety shortly after he purchased it (and he admitted to sending 'investors' some songs), TB could probably make a case against him.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Wouldn't that have been worse for both sides, though? It would certainly make the band look more vengeful, and "Band sues fan" wouldn't be a pretty title in the media for sure.

Worse? I don’t think so. As a PR I would tell him to get the cds back and forget about it. There’s nothing he can do about the leaks, once it’s on the internet there’s no way back.

But I don’t think that he would listen to me. I think he would want some kind of revenge and it’s kind of understandable, he’s pissed, it was his music that he chose not to release, and some random guy decided to put it out to the world.

So, if he HAD to do something, he should have done it legally, don’t make a show going after the guy with securities in front of the arena, bringing even more attention.

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of people chipped in to buy the storage locker. The person who leaked the material, yet to be known. Dunsford wouldn't be held accountable unless he leaked the material. Tom Zutaut, who he purchased it from would obviously have some responsibility for selling material that I assumed would be copyrighted. 

The whole thing is a joke. Just another excuse to delay a new record we were never going to see in the first place lol 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1