Coma and Jungle Demos

7 hours ago, axlvai said:

Its is in this old bootleg @ryanf23 cmon! Super known. Very good btw.

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/3641097-Use-Your-Illusion-Outtakes/images

That’s not an alternate vocal take. That’s a rough mix. That’s why I was confused by your comment. The version on that bootleg sounds almost identical to the album version. The coma demo is a complete different vocal take and I was hoping you were saying there is a different vocal take on Don’t Damn Me.

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but what's with the supposed secracy around these? 

From what I know this was part of a power play between some people infighting and someone leaked these clips as a result, which may have an effect on the full tracks becoming available, hence the hush hush nature of it... But they're out there now so who knows what will happen next! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s what I want to know! What’s different about these to all the other leaks?

3 minutes ago, Shaolin Punk said:

From what I know this was part of a power play between some people infighting and someone leaked these clips as a result, which may have an effect on the full tracks becoming available, hence the hush hush nature of it... But they're out there now so who knows what will happen next! 

Gotcha. Seems like there's always so much cloak & dagger going on with GNR tracks. It's crazy to me how a band with so little output can still have unheard stuff from the early days. 

Oh well, I appreciate the info. Here's hoping more stuff for us to listen to comes out :)

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Gotcha. Seems like there's always so much cloak & dagger going on with GNR tracks. It's crazy to me how a band with so little output can still have unheard stuff from the early days. 

Oh well, I appreciate the info. Here's hoping more stuff for us to listen to comes out :)

I always take great amusement from trying to explain some of the machinations around things like this to people I know. They are always incredulous and think it's the most childish and pathetic thing they've ever heard! 

Then you ALWAYS get the question "well, why don't the band just release this stuff themselves?" to which there is absolutely no answer. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So true, man! It's only second hand info from some lurking on my part, but that's how it seems to be - but hey, if it gets us some unheard UYI outtakes/Mixes/Anything, then I'll be a happy bunny! When i heard the Coma clip i was stoked and hopeful for more of the vaulted/hoarder stuff to come out! Fingers crossed hey! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryanf23 said:

That’s not an alternate vocal take. That’s a rough mix. That’s why I was confused by your comment. The version on that bootleg sounds almost identical to the album version. The coma demo is a complete different vocal take and I was hoping you were saying there is a different vocal take on Don’t Damn Me.

You need to hear Dont damn me again from that bootleg.

The reason the band doesn't put out this stuff (and this is me, if I was the one in charge) is probably for the same reason no artist wants people to hear unfinished product, especially if it's jokingly done.  If you put filler lyrics in a verse to a song that's supposed to be serious, you don't want to taint the actual song by releasing the filler lyrics.  Same with the music, or the rough mix, etc..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Amish said:

The reason the band doesn't put out this stuff (and this is me, if I was the one in charge) is probably for the same reason no artist wants people to hear unfinished product, especially if it's jokingly done.  If you put filler lyrics in a verse to a song that's supposed to be serious, you don't want to taint the actual song by releasing the filler lyrics.  Same with the music, or the rough mix, etc..

We heard the finished product some 30 years ago. I think it's time.

• Like 1

I used to write poetry back when I was an angsty teenager, and if someone ever saw a rough draft of anything I wrote, even if there was only one line different than the finished product, I would panic.  It's hard enough showing off the finished product, nevermind showing something that you don't think is finished.  

Lol, it's ironic that I had to edit this.  

Edited by Amish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

The chances of these leaking are practically non existent at this point tbh. The snippets leaking has probably made sure of that. 

Why though? The recent past has confirmed that snippets usually lead to full leaks. Why would this be different?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Why though? The recent past has confirmed that snippets usually lead to full leaks. Why would this be different?

There was a deal going on and these clips were the proof of existence. Because of two dumbasses from the remedial forum having a bitch fit, they got leaked before the deal was finished and the trader backed out.