Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Italian girl said:

and it's a bomb :heart:

Indeed it is! 

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It sounds great too, I don't really like the Bee Gees that much (mainly I'm just sick of hearing those songs) but FF did a good job of covering them.

I got a diverse taste in music, so it's a win-win for me. Lol 

Axl is probably fuming Dave did it first. Mickey would suit Barry Gibb's falsetto. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 19AT5 said:

Serious question: what's the general view amongst fans here now... will GNR drop an album this year? 

haha - are you trolling?! 

Hasn't the question moved on now to "will GNR drop an album ever again?" 

  • GNFNR 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Serious question: what's the general view amongst fans here now... will GNR drop an album this year? 

My default answer is "within 5 years, but not this year". So it's a sliding window with a peak in probability 2-3 years down the road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

My default answer is "within 5 years, but not this year". So it's a sliding window with a peak in probability 2-3 years down the road. 

2023 :New Song #1

2026: New Song #2

2028: New Album 

Edited by Sosso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

2023 :New Song #1

2026: New Song #2

2028: New Album 

Man... if they did do this, they'd be so fucking old by the time it came out that they'd be in zimmer frames. At the absolute latest 2023 for the entire package. I mean, we've already passed the absolute latest, but theses assholes keep kicking the ball down the road. 2023 would be 15yrs between records, I mean not even Axl can spin that "record labels..." yeah blah, blah Axl the poor multi-millionaire rockstar that's being oppressed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Man... if they did do this, they'd be so fucking old by the time it came out that they'd be in zimmer frames. At the absolute latest 2023 for the entire package. I mean, we've already passed the absolute latest, but theses assholes keep kicking the ball down the road. 2023 would be 15yrs between records, I mean not even Axl can spin that "record labels..." yeah blah, blah Axl the poor multi-millionaire rockstar that's being oppressed.

I was actually optimistic with my timetable. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I was actually optimistic with my Time table. 

Optimistic should be word wiped from the GNR dictionary. Optimistic if we're going there is Oct 2021 single + Video, December album release... I'd almost say they should scrap any plans of new music if they waited until then, you have to at least be able to perform the new music you release🤣 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think we may hear 'new' music this year (e.g. Hardschool performed live), but i don't think there will be an album until a wider world tour is possible (possibly next year with Europe or the year after).

I guess if they did play a song on this tour that would be something and at least a sign of life. As for the EU tour, I mean they'll have another excuse cooked up by the time that comes along. 

Having said that while it's unusual to start an album cycle in NZ/Oz there's no reason they couldn't kick it off there, they could hit Japan and all the other asian territories while they're around there, take a small break and get ready again for the EU leg and festivals. America is obviously the optimum place to do it, but given GNRs stance on promoting things what difference does it make if they start down under? Anyway we're basically fantasy booking here🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If by some miracle CD2 was released by 2014 by old-new-guns, do you think we would have an actual new album by 2030?

Well, we wouldn't be looking at the reunion tour and all of this, but I'd guess that it would have been the final GNR album... regardless of it being loved or hated. I really doubt GNR is going to be around in 2030 to fulfil that dream of more music. I find it hard to imagine Axl at 68 singing any of the GNR songs considering how hard he's struggling at in his late 50s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To answer my own question, if there's nothing forthcoming this year in terms of either a song performed live or released as a single, or some form of proper confirmation that an album exists, then I don't see it ever happening. Realistically they are past their peak now, and as we've seen from many many many other nostalgia rock bands, it's all too easy to ride that donkey into oblivion! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I guess if they did play a song on this tour that would be something and at least a sign of life. As for the EU tour, I mean they'll have another excuse cooked up by the time that comes along. 

Having said that while it's unusual to start an album cycle in NZ/Oz there's no reason they couldn't kick it off there, they could hit Japan and all the other asian territories while they're around there, take a small break and get ready again for the EU leg and festivals. America is obviously the optimum place to do it, but given GNRs stance on promoting things what difference does it make if they start down under? Anyway we're basically fantasy booking here🤣 

It's constant kicking down the road - when nothing happens around the US tour, it's 'oh it will happen in Europe'. When that doesn't happen it will be 'well, they're waiting to do a full world tour, these were clearly just inbetween shows' and so it goes on. And on. 

Each new leg people assume the new album is coming. When it doesn't they just move on to waiting for the next leg. Eventually they get drained, drop off the cycle of expectation and take the stance that there actually isn't a new album. 

I'm quite amazed anyone is still on the cycle of expectation really. It's a definite testament to either human resilience or human naivety, depending on how generous you're being! 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will not be a new album. There’s not even chatter about it. 13 years since CD. They’re done. They probably don’t even talk. Show up, play, collect a check. They’re not a band….they’re an act. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's constant kicking down the road - when nothing happens around the US tour, it's 'oh it will happen in Europe'. When that doesn't happen it will be 'well, they're waiting to do a full world tour, these were clearly just inbetween shows' and so it goes on. And on. 

Each new leg people assume the new album is coming. When it doesn't they just move on to waiting for the next leg. Eventually they get drained, drop off the cycle of expectation and take the stance that there actually isn't a new album. 

I'm quite amazed anyone is still on the cycle of expectation really. It's a definite testament to either human resilience or human naivety, depending on how generous you're being! 

 

 

You're right, sadly.

Ever since 2009, it's more or less been the same thing. (Since we know they wanted the next album to be in '09 or the following year, per Axl in the chats and a handful of other sources)

We would have heard something by now, if a new album was happening later this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

More leaks (3 or more songs with vocals) are more likely in the next 12 months than a new album. 

New songs leaking might work wonders to shift tickets for the poorly selling upcoming tour.

Someone needs to leak The General asap :axl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no new album/music, for years folk have been making up stories as to how and when new music will be released (look in the archives).  What we are getting now is it, maybe another tour after this and then it will be goodbye.  No criticism here just observation.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You're right, sadly.

Ever since 2009, it's more or less been the same thing. (Since we know they wanted the next album to be in '09 or the following year, per Axl in the chats and a handful of other sources)

We would have heard something by now, if a new album was happening later this year. 

Yeah. I really wish I wasn't though! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

There is no new album/music, for years folk have been making up stories as to how and when new music will be released (look in the archives).  What we are getting now is it, maybe another tour after this and then it will be goodbye.  No criticism here just observation.

This could have been posted in 2005, and been equally wrong then. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...