The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

GN'R needs to release a double album again.

At this point even a rock solid triple album would only just about redeem Axl's artistic credibility.

Saying that, I wouldn't put it past him to have 30 or more good songs ready to go. We'll probably never get to hear them in his lifetime though!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Do you think that? I really like it, and I haven't listened to Iron Maiden in a long time. Will probably make me buy the new album! 

Artwork is excellent, I agree. Some of their covers veer into 'naff' I think, but this one is great. 

Yeah mate - really don’t like it. Brave New World is brilliant and AMOLAD was great too but Dance Of Death and the other post-reunion albums have a couple of good/great tunes but mostly are boring to me. The Book Of Souls title track is brilliant but it’s the only one I liked on the whole thing!

They are still an excellent live band and get respect for being a creative entity (most fans seem to love what they do now so I’m in the minority it seems 🤣).

Edited by DTJ80

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Yeah mate - really don’t like it. Brave New World is brilliant and AMOLAD was great too but Dance Of Death and the other post-reunion albums have a couple of good/great tunes but mostly are boring to me. The Book Of Souls title track is brilliant but it’s the only one I liked on the whole thing!

They are still an excellent live band and get respect for being a creative entity (most fans seem to live what they do now so I’m in the minority it seems 🤣).

Brave New World was actually the last one I bought - I've sort of dropped off them a bit since then, and just bought a couple of the live ones. I was going to ask your thoughts on which album to get of the ones after that to catch up a bit, but you've sort of answered that with AMOLAD! 

Yeah, they really have to be admired for their ability to continually push forward while maintaining a great fanbase all across the world. Rock In Rio is still me 'go to' DVD after a few drinks! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Brave New World was actually the last one I bought - I've sort of dropped off them a bit since then, and just bought a couple of the live ones. I was going to ask your thoughts on which album to get of the ones after that to catch up a bit, but you've sort of answered that with AMOLAD! 

Yeah, they really have to be admired for their ability to continually push forward while maintaining a great fanbase all across the world. Rock In Rio is still me 'go to' DVD after a few drinks! 

AMOLAD was a rarity in that they played the album in full on that tour - ballsy and showed how much they really believed in that album.

A few long tracks on there but the different between that and most of the other reunion era stuff is that it doesn’t feel like it’s too long a song.

Talking about it has made me realise I haven’t listened to AMOLAD in a while…..I’m gonna bust that out over the weekend. 👍

And agreed re Rock In Rio….great live show. Sign Of The Cross is quality on there.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

This thread is about a new GN'R record fellas... 

And we all know there's a lot to talk about in that regard. :P

Someone needs to leak CD2 already. If we had the entire CD era vault, with Bucket's magic, my life would be nearly complete from a musical standpoint.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To try and alleviate the doom and gloom round here….the new Maiden album was recorded in early 2019!!! So they have held it for a while before releasing - all part of the Covid strategy as Bruce puts it. So for those folk who still think an album could be released/has been recorded but held back etc….here is an example of a major band recording and keeping it (most folk knew they were working on it but early 2019 is a surprise to most folk).

The new Maiden single is terrible but the album art is absolutely awesome.

wow loved the single. weak vocal performance and mix but hell, great tune.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Yah Bruce’s voice is not the same since his surgery but he’s still better than Axl live :shrugs:

great song btw 

• Like 1

Kevin Shirley's production has two features:

1.Murky sound

2.Bruce vocals buried in background

He completely sucks and it's embarrassing that Maiden was releasing better sounding albums in the early 1980s than the 2020s. I get that Martin Birch is gone but surely they can get someone better? Just pick a random homeless crack addict off the street, they'll do a better job than Shirley.

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

GN'R needs to release a double album again.

Thanks for picking this up for me pal. Was aware it had been a few pages since somebody had made mention of a multi disc release. In an age where physical sales are really low. And most bands have reverted back to a standard 40 minute length album. But I think we are all in total agreement on this point that GNR would buck that trend.

Personally I favour a quintuple album as they are generally really really good value for money.

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Yeah - I’m absolutely in the minority it seems regarding the new song. 🤣

I hope the new album is better though.

And yeah, don’t want to have a go at Bruce as he did have cancer but at least he still sounds like Bruce most of the time…..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Someone needs to leak CD2 already. If we had the entire CD era vault, with Bucket's magic, my life would be nearly complete from a musical standpoint.

Not just easier to buy a few Buckethead albums?! There's plenty to choose from. He literally played on a handful of CD tracks and was in GNR for 2 or 3 years. And there's boys creaming their pants over the collaboration! 😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Not just easier to buy a few Buckethead albums?! There's plenty to choose from. He literally played on a handful of CD tracks and was in GNR for 2 or 3 years. And there's boys creaming their pants over the collaboration! 😂😂

It was the last creative moment of the band.

6 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Thanks for picking this up for me pal. Was aware it had been a few pages since somebody had made mention of a multi disc release. In an age where physical sales are really low. And most bands have reverted back to a standard 40 minute length album. But I think we are all in total agreement on this point that GNR would buck that trend.

Personally I favour a quintuple album as they are generally really really good value for money.

I appreciate your desire for a 5-disc release, but a triple album would be more realistic IMO.

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It was the last creative moment of the band.

I appreciate your desire for a 5-disc release, but a triple album would be more realistic IMO.

Yes, one often hears of the plethora of bands releasing successful triple albums these days which gives me real hope that you're right! An overlooked format the triple album. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

They are still an excellent live band and get respect for being a creative entity (most fans seem to love what they do now so I’m in the minority it seems 🤣).

So random reading this because I was listening to AMOLAD yesterday… great album.

You boys are pushing me towards Maiden this weekend big time! I've always been more a fan of the Di Anno albums but have been meaning to check out Book of Souls again. What were your thoughts on the last Priest album?

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Kevin Shirley's production has two features:

1.Murky sound

2.Bruce vocals buried in background

He completely sucks and it's embarrassing that Maiden was releasing better sounding albums in the early 1980s than the 2020s. I get that Martin Birch is gone but surely they can get someone better? Just pick a random homeless crack addict off the street, they'll do a better job than Shirley.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Kevin Shirley either. Boring producer.

35 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

You boys are pushing me towards Maiden this weekend big time! I've always been more a fan of the Di Anno albums but have been meaning to check out Book of Souls again. What were your thoughts on the last Priest album?

Decent - the title track is cracker. Most seem to think it’s a big upgrade on Redeemer Of Souls.

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Firepower? Amazing. Best thing priest has come out with for decades. Amazing production, songwriting and execution. Better than any post-reunion Maiden album and I really like them. 

And Book of Souls is really solid. Could be a bit shorter and more to the point but a strong record.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Per their latest IG post they are definitely going with "We're F'N Back!". No sign of "The Next Chapter". 😡

Yeap, so expect the same old setlist on the shows. ISE to The Seeker to PC. It's gonna be a live music is back tour. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Yeap, so expect the same old setlist on the shows. ISE to The Seeker to PC. It's gonna be a live music is back tour. 

It's really pathetic Axl's lazy ass is exploiting the pandemic in order to delay an album further in favor of another nostalgia tour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Per their latest IG post they are definitely going with "We're F'N Back!". No sign of "The Next Chapter". 😡

Honestly that is why I am seriously considering trying my hand at selling my tickets for the LA show and going to see The Black Crowes (well, Chris and RIch Robinson with hired hands but still) instead the same night lol.  I would rather see some different musical experiences than a vocally worse show I already saw back in 2016