The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

17 hours ago, Pele said:

I'm referring to Atlas Shrugged.  The guy hasn't heard it and is looking forward to hearing the Slash version.  He's gonna be disappointed when he realizes it's similar but shitter than Catcher.

I've heard nothing other than what you all have.  Mainly because nothing else exists apart from General.

so you are just giving an opinion, based on nothing then. I actually cant wait to hear AS with slash.  I am sure it will be good.   And again, your opinion is nothing exist besides the General.  In reality their could be nothing or an entire album almost done, correct?

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I know Perhaps was completed on the rough mixes and was on the 2008 CD 2 leaked tracklist, but for some reason I'm just not really expecting to see it released, at least not anytime soon. I think the next two songs are Atlas Shrugged and reworked OMG.

where's this leaked tracklist?

57 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Only thing I'd question your position on is saying "I won't listen to it because it's from this era, and I don't like that era" well, there is the possibility that even you could find something you love that was recorded by that line up. Seems a bit closed off, not saying you have to listen to it or not! that is your choice as a fan, but being completely closed off isn't really open minded. Are you going to listen to Slash/Duff edits? or have you heard HS/Absurd already? I wasn't impressed by the village demo of HS and wasn't all that excited when it looked like HS was going to be released, but I gave it my ear anyway... not essential listening, but it's something and Slash definitely gave a bit of a kick.

Lets assume Axl's gonna release CD2 tomorrow in its original form with whoever plays the guitar, there's no doubt, I would buy it immediately and listen to it. No matter if it features Slash. And I'm convinced that I'd like the some tracks on it. It was the same with CD.

Never said I won't listen to it. I'm just not going nuts about it and have to download a leak before it gets released.

Of course I heard HS and Absurd. I even bought my copy...

Edited by Free Bird

21 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Lets assume Axl's gonna release CD2 tomorrow in its original form with whoever plays the guitar, there's no doubt, I would buy it immediately and listen to it. No matter if it features Slash. And I'm convinced that I'd like the some tracks on it. It was the same with CD.

Never said I won't listen to it. I'm just not going nuts about it and have to download a leak before it gets released.

Of course I heard HS and Absurd. I even bought my copy...

Ah I misinterpreted you!! Yeah that's all perfectly reasonable! I didn't even buy that EP so maybe I'm out of the hardcore fan loop😄

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

And again, your opinion is nothing exist besides the General.  In reality their could be nothing or an entire album almost done, correct?

Of course.  In reality, there could be an entire album almost done.

I strongly believe there isn't, and have been saying it for years.

I strongly believe the ONLY completed songs he has in his fictional 'vault' are Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and The General.

I feared we never know the answer.

In a beautiful twist of fate - Slash has come out and said they haven't written new songs, they are just going to release the songs Axl has completed.

So we are going to see if I'm right or wrong.

For all the people bitching, and telling me I'm wrong.  Stop worrying about it now.  If I'm wrong, those songs Slash refers to will be alternate/additional to Atlas/Perhaps/General and everything I've said would be completely discredited.

Sweersa insists that Elvis and Zodiac with full vocals exist, so he'll be expecting these to be among the batch of upcoming releases.

No issues with Sweersa, he's the only one who has had the balls to admit he believes these songs are real, with finished vocals and ready to go.

What I find pathetic are the ones who defend Rose and argue with my every post, yet refuse to state they believe the releases won't be anything other than Atlas/Perhaps/General.  These guys are checking for news everyday, desperately desperately hoping something new comes out - yet will pretend they are happy when it's Atlas, and that it still doesn't prove anything.

When Atlas/Perhaps come, it won't 'prove' anything but it will be even more apparent to anyone with half a brain-cell why these were the songs selected.  And when these releases suddenly stop, and all these fantasy songs (Zodiac, Seven, Leave Me Alone, Ides of March, Elvis, Soulmonster etc) never surface, most will understand.

Edited by Pele

26 minutes ago, Pele said:

Of course.  In reality, there could be an entire album almost done.

I strongly believe there isn't, and have been saying it for years.

I strongly believe the ONLY completed songs he has in his fictional 'vault' are Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged and The General.

I feared we never know the answer.

In a beautiful twist of fate - Slash has come out and said they haven't written new songs, they are just going to release the songs Axl has completed.

So we are going to see if I'm right or wrong.

For all the people bitching, and telling me I'm wrong.  Stop worrying about it now.  If I'm wrong, those songs Slash refers to will be alternate/additional to Atlas/Perhaps/General and everything I've said would be completely discredited.

Sweersa insists that Elvis and Zodiac with full vocals exist, so he'll be expecting these to be among the batch of upcoming releases.

No issues with Sweersa, he's the only one who has had the balls to admit he believes these songs are real, with finished vocals and ready to go.

What I find pathetic are the ones who defend Rose and argue with my every post, yet refuse to state they believe the releases won't be anything other than Atlas/Perhaps/General.  These guys are checking for news everyday, desperately desperately hoping something new comes out - yet will pretend they are happy when it's Atlas, and that it still doesn't prove anything.

When Atlas/Perhaps come, it won't 'prove' anything but it will be even more apparent to anyone with half a brain-cell why these were the songs selected.  And when these releases suddenly stop, and all these fantasy songs (Zodiac, Seven, Leave Me Alone, Ides of March, Elvis, Soulmonster etc) never surface, most will understand.

I think everyone is clear on your position dude, you've mentioned it a couple of times now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

My guess for the next song is OMG considering it made an appearance on the alt list

I definitely remember OMG in some alt lists 2010-14, but has it ever appeared on any alt lists post reunion?

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

My guess for the next song is OMG considering it made an appearance on the alt list

I definitely remember OMG in some alt lists 2010-14, but has it ever appeared on any alt lists post reunion?

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Years? I can only remember you nagging about this here for a few months. But it definitely feels like years. 

You feel the need to reply to every message telling me I'm wrong :lol:

Your world is gonna collapse when they release Atlas and Perhaps and then go silent.

And it's gonna be funny reading you say you're not bothered over and over again, and how your little prince has definitely recorded Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul/Soulmonster/Leave Me Alone or whatever version 22 of this instrumental is called these days.....

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I think everyone is clear on your position dude, you've mentioned it a couple of times now.

What' your position?  You think I'm wrong?

18 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

OMG was on the alternates list for a few June 2018 shows.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gnr+oh+my+god+alt+setlist+2018&client=firefox-b-1-d&hl=en&sxsrf=APq-WBupq284IE1AIt3xlvHzbfaUJ6fBvQ:1645294383883&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjcgrWar4z2AhWCIUQIHdzLC98Q_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=2560&bih=955&dpr=1#imgrc=pgZKas2rh32nuM

2 hours ago, mattromero said:

where's this leaked tracklist?

There was a screenshot of an email, from Jan 2008, stating the CD2 tracklist is as follows:

1. Cuban Skies V
  2. The General Ch V
  3. Atlas L
  4. Soul M V
  5. Silk H
  6. Thyme L
  7. Pro2 V
  8. ChiD 2 V?
  9. Better 2
  10. TIL2
  11. Goin Down
  12. Tonto V Br
  13. Monstrosity V lyr
  14. Catcher?
  15. Nothing?
  16. JChan?
  17. ?? L editing V
  18. Perhaps?
  19. 4 Heavens sing?
  20. OMG2 ?
  21. Light My Fire

This was posted years before village leaks. 

It's credible:

• It predates Going Down leak
  • Nothing and Perhaps were never ever mentioned by anyone until the Village Leaks
  • The 2006 leak proved there were alternate versions of TIL and Better
  • The locker leak had a recording of Knockin on Heavens Door (which unbelievably looks like it was considered for inclusion)

We don't know what the letters mean.  I strongly believe 'V' means need vocals.  If that's the case, it fits my prediction perfectly as:

• Cuban Skies would need vocals
  • General possibly needed vocals at the time of writing
  • Tonto would need vocals
  • Monstrosity would need vocals
  • Atlas doesn't have a V and we know it has vocals
  • Silkworms doesn't have a V and we know it has vocals
  • TIL2 doesn't have a V and we know it has vocals
  • Perhaps doesn't have a V and we know it has vocals
  • Going Down doesn't have a V and we know it has vocals

It's a very interesting list.

It's clear that that track-list is not an album 'ready to go at all'

It looks to me like a concept offering of a hybrid album, made up of Chinese leftovers, new versions of existing songs, and the intent to record vocals on some new songs.

People say he had an album ready to go and it was rejected.

I say he had a 'concept' rejected.  They were never gonna accept an album containing reworked versions of ChiDem songs, and Atlas/Silkworms/Perhaps :lol:.  No matter how good Cuban Skies, General, Tonto, Monstrosity would have turned out (shit anyway is my guess), they couldn't prop up that garbage release.

• ABSUЯD 1

So in addition to the above, I believe in 2008, he had released Chinese, had the leftovers we've all heard (Perhaps/HardSkool/Silkworms/Atlas) and was working on the following:

• Cuban Skies V
  • The General V
  • Soul M V
  • Tonto V
  • Monstrosity V lyr
  • Nothin?

My guess is he finished vocals for The General.

The label told him they weren't interested in that idea of an album at all, and he abandoned it there and then, leaving Cuban Skies, Tonto, Soul Monster, Monstrosity and Nothin abandoned and unfinished.

Anyone disagree?

If you disagree, presumable you think Cuban SLies, Tonto, Soul Monster, Monstosity or Nothing were finished and will be included in the batch of songs Slash says are coming?

Or do you agree with me, and think the songs Slash talks about will end up being Atlas, Perhaps and maybe The General?

1 hour ago, Pele said:

So in addition to the above, I believe in 2008, he had released Chinese, had the leftovers we've all heard (Perhaps/HardSkool/Silkworms/Atlas) and was working on the following:

• Cuban Skies V
  • The General V
  • Soul M V
  • Tonto V
  • Monstrosity V lyr
  • Nothin?

My guess is he finished vocals for The General.

The label told him they weren't interested in that idea of an album at all, and he abandoned it there and then, leaving Cuban Skies, Tonto, Soul Monster, Monstrosity and Nothin abandoned and unfinished.

Anyone disagree?

If you disagree, presumable you think Cuban SLies, Tonto, Soul Monster, Monstosity or Nothing were finished and will be included in the batch of songs Slash says are coming?

Or do you agree with me, and think the songs Slash talks about will end up being Atlas, Perhaps and maybe The General?

"Nothin" doesn't have a "V" next to it, similarly to Perhaps. So if "V" indeed stands for vocals, it means, according to your theory, that Nothing didn't need vocals, so you have to add one more song to your list of existing songs, or else you'll be inconsistent.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"Nothin" doesn't have a "V" next to it, similarly to Perhaps. So if "V" indeed means vocals, it means, according to your theory, that Nothing didn't need vocals, so you have to add one more song in your list or existing songs, or else you'll be inconsistent.

If V means it needs vocals, then Monstrosity needs vocals and lyrics... does that make sense? If, at all, that would mean he has vocals for all these songs and he just needed to record them while he had to work on Monstrosity's lyrics.

I would say thats all bullshit and this list is fake as almost everything else that concerns GNR and insider information. 

Edited by Free Bird

28 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

If V means it needs vocals, then Monstrosity needs vocals and lyrics... does that make sense? If, at all, that would mean he has vocals for all these songs and he just needed to record them while he had to work on Monstrosity's lyrics.

I would say thats all bullshit and this list is fake as almost everything else that concerns GNR and insider information. 

I think there is a chance that the list (presumably dated Jan. 2008) is real or semi-real if it indeed circulated in 2011, because it contains titles that were not known before the Village leaks. I personally hadn't seen it before the Village leaks, but I wasn't around on the forums before 2016 and a few people have said they'd seen it, so I don't know.

Supposing it's real:

Someone earlier in this thread suggested that "V" could mean "verse". This interpretation makes more sense than "vocals", because there are also "Ch" and "Br", which could be "chorus" and "bridge" respectively. So it could mean that those parts of the songs needed additional work, probably vocals or vocal overdubs.

Then there is "L" next to Atlas Shrugged, which doesn't make sense to be "lyrics", since that song already had lyrics. Moreover, there is "lyr" next to Monstrosity,  and it's not likely that there would be two different "code signs" for lyrics. So "L" must have stood for something other than lyrics - maybe "layer"?

I can't think what "H" (next to Silkworms) and "M" (next to Soulmonster) could have stood for.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Read the post properly.

It's credible:

• It predates Going Down leak
  • Nothing and Perhaps were never ever mentioned by anyone until the Village Leaks
  • The 2006 leak proved there were alternate versions of TIL and Better
  • The locker leak had a recording of Knockin on Heavens Door (which unbelievably looks like it was considered for inclusion)

If it was fake - it was created by someone who knew what the band was working on way, way before Village Leaks.

Yes, of course Monstrosity needing vocals and lyrics makes sense.  I imagine it needed further lyrics writing and vocals recording.  Why is that difficult to comprehend?

Also, judging by punctuation and shortened titles etc, it just looks like a rough list where someone has quickly added 'V' or 'Lyr' to indicate what might need doing.

5 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

The only one? Dude, I've literally made a bet with you that the band will release new songs other than Atlas, Perhaps and the General.

Wasn't your terms within 10 years :lol:

Now Slash has said they are releasing the songs Axl has, why don't we revise that?