The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

42 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Sorry is 'almost like doom metal' as Baz said, though. Listen to some of the instrumental work here and listen to Sorry's music - 

That's great thanks for the primer on Doom Metal - I was really just joking about how current and erstwhile band members have been saying a new LP is coming "soon" for the last 15-ish years, so the idea of a new album materializing through spontaneous generation without a single studio session seems a bit farfetched.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's a list of people who've said in interviews that an album is coming when they get back to touring. This list dates back to 2002,at the very least:

Axl 

Fortus 

Stinson 

Dizzy 

Bumblefoot

Duff 

Slash

You forgot Beta and Fernando!

I just love how this thread keeps being timeless!

If we come back here in 2050 maybe someone will be discussing a source revealing that "The Blues" was changed to "Street of Dreams" because now "The Blues" will be a new song to be featured on their 11th EP. A kind of a bluesy AFD vibe "November Rain" type of opus!

Edited by Legendador
  • GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, Rodzilla72 said:

That's great thanks for the primer on Doom Metal - I was really just joking about how current and erstwhile band members have been saying a new LP is coming "soon" for the last 15-ish years, so the idea of a new album materializing through spontaneous generation without a single studio session seems a bit farfetched.

Apology accepted dude, all good!

Have to say I feel a bit stupid for thinking a new album would ever come from Guns. The lack of new music or even conversations about a new album really confirms that GNR is just a money spinner for Axl, and not something he is doing for the love of music. The fact he has had no inspiration to release a new album for the past 14 years now proves that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

The simplest explanation to why there is an obvious lack of material released is that there is a lack of material that had been completed. There’s a difference between working on songs and actually completing them.

I find the idea that there was a CD2 in the wings ready for release even more so unlikely. That may have been the plan at some point but I’m going to assume the songs just didn’t get finished. 

It depends on what Axl consider a song to be finished, which is a fairly weird range from Oh My God to Hard Skool kind of mixbag. Let's not forget that in early 2000 (or even 2004), they could've release CD with almost no difference to the ending product. The same goes to Absurd and Hard Skool, of course. So we don't know how much Axl already did after that with other songs, but I'm sure it's just a matter of what he wants to do if minimum effort, if any at all.

38 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Have to say I feel a bit stupid for thinking a new album would ever come from Guns. The lack of new music or even conversations about a new album really confirms that GNR is just a money spinner for Axl, and not something he is doing for the love of music. The fact he has had no inspiration to release a new album for the past 14 years now proves that.

It is clear they have decided to not speak about an album, but when Slash has been asked about new music he has offered that they have worked on new music that will be released and possibly combined onto an album, at the earliest later this year. Taking into account that they seem to stick to this plan, with Absurd and Hard Skool released last year, and Slash suggesting new singles will come out later this year, I see no reason for such pessimism. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Now that I think about it, this would be the first time I'd accept the "what's happening in the world" excuse had they made it. Not during Covid, as other artists were very active and everything was possible as long as there was will; but now it all sucks, so I won't blame them even if they postpone the UYI boxset. 

Let's be honest, it's still a very ridiculous excuse. There are always wars, there are always tragedies, there are always bad things happening in the world. That's the way the world is and I can think of very few things more powerful than music to get through those times.

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Are people aware the band hasn't actually suggested the invasion of Ukraine has delayed new music? Someone here made a joke about this and now people are discussing it as if it is real. 

good point everyone just needs to stop overreacting

28 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

good point everyone just needs to stop overreacting

Come on dude, this isn’t our first rodeo! We know that the excuse is incoming 😂😂😂

Edited by gavgnr
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It is clear they have decided to not speak about an album, but when Slash has been asked about new music he has offered that they have worked on new music that will be released and possibly combined onto an album, at the earliest later this year. Taking into account that they seem to stick to this plan, with Absurd and Hard Skool released last year, and Slash suggesting new singles will come out later this year, I see no reason for such pessimism. 

Pretty sure he said there are only 2 more songs they've worked on as of now that he expects to be released later this year?

7 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Pretty sure he said there are only 2 more songs they've worked on as of now that he expects to be released later this year?

No, he didn't say they had worked on only two songs. He had said he has worked on "lots". They have already released two new songs and he has said more will come. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

No, he didn't say they had worked on only two songs. He had said he has worked on "lots". They have already released two new songs and he has said more will come. 

But they won't.

Two more will come (the two that we've all heard) - then there will be nothing else.

And you'll be trying to convince people a decade from now that all of these make believe songs actually existed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

My local radio station has said TWICE, that Slash claims the new album will be out in June with all new material. I just shake my head and think WTF?

Slash said a song will be out by June, and that wasn't even a definite answer I think he only said it's likely. It just goes to show that those radio people don't really check they just hear something someone else heard wrong, and just fucking roll with it lmao.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's a list of people who've said in interviews that an album is coming when they get back to touring. This list dates back to 2002,at the very least:

Axl 

Fortus 

Stinson 

Dizzy 

Bumblefoot

Duff 

Slash

The only difference here is that Slash said the song(s) in the imminent future are ready and being released right about now (which is open ended and could mean tomorrow or later this year😄)... as for the full album, god knows, but I wouldn't put any money on a June release.

48 minutes ago, Pele said:

But they won't.

Two more will come (the two that we've all heard) - then there will be nothing else.

And you'll be trying to convince people a decade from now that all of these make believe songs actually existed.

Lots is not 2 more, 2 is a few. It makes zero sense for him to use the word lots describing having 2 songs in the bag final while also suggesting that there's an album being prepared... what album are you aware of that has 4 songs total?😄. There is way more material being considered than we are aware of. You would have us all believe that Axl had maybe 20? songs total and he finished a little less than that and has not touched them since CD was released... yet we know that he travels with the multi-tracks of a lot of unreleased material and he has from time to time booked studios while he was on the road... and he owns his own private studio IN HIS HOUSE. It is possible that Axl has not recorded vocals since the NITL tour kicked off (besides RTR), but I also doubt that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Lots is not 2 more, 2 is a few. It makes zero sense for him to use the word lots describing having 2 songs in the bag final while also suggesting that there's an album being prepared... what album are you aware of that has 4 songs total?😄. There is way more material being considered than we are aware of. You would have us all believe that Axl had maybe 20? songs total and he finished a little less than that and has not touched them since CD was released... yet we know that he travels with the multi-tracks of a lot of unreleased material and he has from time to time booked studios while he was on the road... and he owns his own private studio IN HIS HOUSE. It is possible that Axl has not recorded vocals since the NITL tour kicked off (besides RTR), but I also doubt that.

He can say what he wants.

Lots aren't coming.

Two are.

If you genuinely think that other songs exist, you must actually that some of them are about to released as per Slash's declaration.

What are you going to think when it's Atlas and Perhaps, then nothing else?