The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

45 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I would have preferred Slash stay out of GN'R. I like the direction of the "new band" with CD and wish they put out 2 or 3 albums before the reunion. The CD era got me into GN'R. The old stuff is amazing, no doubt, but that was then. GN'R evolved. 

I respect your opinion, although I strongly disagree with it. Mind you, the status of the "new band" is now formerly new band, and they never were anything else but a bunch of replacement musicians in Axl’s solo version of GN’R. However, I’m glad that era existed and that Axl didn’t retire the whole thing for 20 years. I enjoyed the shows, and there were lots of great times, not a slightest doubt about it. 
But deep inside, I’d say probably most fans were hoping for the reunion during the entire era. Reunion with the members who created the whole thing in the first place. I do understand there are new generations preferring that Axl’s solo rendition, but that doesn’t change the fact they never were the real GN’R. And the fact NuGNR only managed to release a single album in some 15 years also isn’t completely insignificant. 
Of course, these days people may bicker to death whether the current reunion is the real GN’R since Izzy isn’t there etc., but that’s a different topic and also an old and tired debate. 
Anyway, I think the best outcome we could get now would be a new album with the real members ASAP and later some box set with those original CD era demos... 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

A significant amount of original material from this band didn't have Slash on it. 1999 OMG + 2008 CD.

So it is not unreasonable for someone to be a fan of the band as a result of that material, but I get your point. 

Nah his take is shit. You were a fan of the wrong band 🤣 what a up your arse thing to say. 

Pat... You don't have to like it, but gnr existed and was real (not fake) after Slash quit the band. They were also a better love band

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The "fake guys". Always loved this moronic take. How exactly is Buckethead, Bumblefoot or even Finck a "fake". Did they go into the studio and mimick Slash's style? Did they go on stage with top hats and chaps? Nope. Ashba can be called a fake, BUT he had nothing to do with CD. 

They pretended to be GNR. So they are fake.

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It doesn't really make total sense to just disregard all the guitar work from these world class guitarists.

Yes, it does. No one is checking for that shit. Just a couple of deluded ones, who haven't realized it's over. Kinda like the people waiting for a new GNR album (though they are by far in the majority). ;):P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Are you from the UK, are you sure it’s in YouTube music’s music area and not the videos tab, screenshots?

I'm in Australia. No need for screenshots since they look just the same as the Spotify ones only with a different company logo

• Wow 1

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Anyway, I think the best outcome we could get now would be a new album with the real members ASAP and later some box set with those original CD era demos... 

I would very much love for that to happen. That is the best case, and I know myself and many, many others would pay good money to hear the CD era vault as a box set or bonus download, flash drive, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Whatever. Millions of people disagree and don't give a shit about that album in terms of GNR.

Millions of people probably don't realize Slash isn't on the last GN'R album.

If anything, they probably think his playing has improved over the years. :D

Let's compare it to the Star Wars sequel trilogy, episodes 7, 8, and 9. (Disney)

Episodes 1-6 were more or less the vision of the Star Wars creator, George Lucas. Disney wiped their asses with George's outlines for the sequel trilogy, and went on and did their own thing, which was a hot mess. Is it Star Wars? Yes, it is. Do I like it? It's OK, but not great, not nearly as great as episodes 1-6.

In short, my feelings, your feelings, and the feelings of the fans doesn't dictate what is or isn't GN'R, Star Wars, Mercedes Benz, etc.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Whatever. Millions of people disagree and don't give a shit about that album in terms of GNR.

Can I ask why you'd even bother seeing a "fake GNR" live after having seen the "real GNR" live then? What is the point of that, unless you actually consider them to be worthy of the name?

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Can people just focus on checking their streaming platforms for these 2 songs. We've got a guy in Aus saying it's appearing on his youtube music and no one is paying that any attention whilst you debate if gnr are a real or fake band. 

Honestly, the searching on streaming platforms is a baseless conversation until the songs are actually available for listening. Until something comes to fruition, it's a non-starter. "Well, some people in the UK have searches showing GNR associated with [this song]." That's basically all that can be said at this point.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

They pretended to be GNR. So they are fake.

Yes, it does. No one is checking for that shit. Just a couple of deluded ones, who haven't realized it's over. Kinda like the people waiting for a new GNR album (though they are by far in the majority). ;):P

They didn't pretend though, they were hired to fill vacant spots left by people who quit the band. If you take over a job that someone else leaves, are you pretending when you say you work there? Don't think you are, I think you just have certain ideas of what GNR is and what it isn't and that's fine, but reality and fiction are not the same. GNR continued, and even I would like to forget certain parts of that but I have to accept that Dj Ashba was a member of GNR, no less or more than Gilby or Teddy zigzag. It is reality.

And I didn't say people are checking for the names of Bumblefoot or Buckethead or whoever. I was saying the parts they contributed were probably beneficial to the song... you shouldn't just throw out someones work just for the sake of it. If Slash and Richard can come up with better stuff then sure, replace everything. AND I also said that Slash's guitar should be the prominent piece in the mix, I don't expect Bucket/Bumble solos... I'm on about layers etc.

4 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

It's horrible to expect an album that has songs that were recorded and re-recorded by 4 or 5 different guitarists. But my favorites from the Village sessions are still Oklahoma, Me and My Elvis, Perhaps, Atlas, Zodiac, Quicksong, Mustache and Devious Bastard

My favorite at the moment is the final minute of Tonto, from 3 minutes on. That coda is great especially when the guitar is doubled and then when the drums go into double beat. Really great instrumental piece. It's as Guns N' Roses as it gets without Axl's voice and Slash's guitar.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Can people just focus on checking their streaming platforms for these 2 songs. We've got a guy in Aus saying it's appearing on his youtube music and no one is paying that any attention whilst you debate if gnr are a real or fake band. 

I’m late here and after reading the last 5 pages, I still don’t know which songs are supposed to be released soon.

state of grace is one of them?

• Haha 1

Just now, ChrisMaciel said:

I’m late here and after reading the last 5 pages, I still don’t know which songs are supposed to be released soon.

state of grace is one of them?

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are supposed to be released, but there is weak evidence that Atlas Shrugged and State of Grace may be the next two singles to be dropped.

• Thanks 1