The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

21 minutes ago, gadamer said:

If this is really happening and we are able to find 3 titles that we know of, I believe it's more likely that there are others songs as well. We just dont know the titles. The algorithm argument doesn't make much sense to me because if it was true then other titles like soul monster should show up too. And why would they appear all of a sudden just now? If it was the fanbase messing up the algorithm, all of the unrealesed song titles should have always been there. Also, the exact same thing happened last year and we got the song.

It's not an algorithm thing for sure, because if It was, everybody in every place on the world should get the same results, and here in Spain I can't find any song even the only thing I listen to in Spotify is Guns N' Roses!

• Like 1

Why don't we all just start typing in "Shankler's Revenge" or "3 Dollar Pyramid" in combination with "Guns N Roses" to see if they come up independently later as a suggested result? Since we know they're already released under "Shackler's Revenge" and "Better", we should be able to tell if this is truly an algorithmic thing.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

20 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

It's not an algorithm thing for sure, because if It was, everybody in every place on the world should get the same results, and here in Spain I can't find any song even the only thing I listen to in Spotify is Guns N' Roses!

An algorithm can (and probably is in this case) use location as a factor

29 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Surprise album release this Friday? It will just drop and turn up in the records stores one day, no promo, no anything.

(Isn't that what we've been telling each other even since before CD dropped?)

How many Tuesdays are there left in 2006?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dani_1455 said:

Okay, but why does all this songs start appearing now, and not in may or june when Slash said that there will be new music, or in 2019 when the leaks came out?

The more people search for these songs, the more these results could come up. I believe Atlas was first, which is the outlier without any inciting event for a search, but State of Grace, The General and now Soul Monster could simply be the result of people searching them up to check.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The more people search for these songs, the more these results could come up. I believe Atlas was first, which is the outlier without any inciting event for a search, but State of Grace, The General and now Soul Monster could simply be the result of people searching them up to check.

I don’t buy it. Against my better judgment, I think something pretty big is coming. Even it’s a 4 track EP

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

And the fact that people are returning all sorts of results for covers under the same circumstances in Brazil tells me this is more likely an algorithm than it is a planned release, unfortunately.

I think the results for covers are a random occurrence having to do with playlists mostly and possibly searches, too. And we don't know how long these covers have been coming up since no one was looking - it could be a long while, whereas we do know that the unreleased GN'R songs started coming up just recently.

I just tried searching other AC/DC songs with VPN Brazil and GN'R still pops up (either in the artist section or with songs. So probably people have both GN'R and AC/DC songs in their playlists and/or searched them because of Axl/DC.

spotif15.jpg

5 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I don’t buy it. Against my better judgment, I think something pretty big is coming. Even it’s a 4 track EP

I hope you're right! I was more optimistic when it was only Atlas/State of Grace. The General, Soul Monster and all the covers make this pretty suspicious i think...

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think the results for covers are a random occurrence having to do with playlists mostly and possibly searches, too. And we don't know how long these covers have been coming up since no one was looking - it could be a long while, whereas we do know that the unreleased GN'R songs started coming up just recently.

I just tried searching other AC/DC songs with VPN Brazil and GN'R still pops up (either in the artist section or with songs. So probably people have both GN'R and AC/DC songs in their playlists and/or searched them because of Axl/DC.

spotif15.jpg

Thanks for double checking. The ends are still the same though, in that GNR is still being listed under searches for songs that don't include a search for their actual name. In this regard, I am leaning towards all this being the result of an algorithm (whether that be based on searches, playlists, data crawling, etc). I think Atlas, SOG, The General, Soul Monster and the covers all showing up in searches without "GNR" reinforces the algorithm point strongly.

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It doesn't make sense either way. For example, State of Grace coming up in Greece just can't be because of people searching (even I searched Spotify GR for each song through my account only a couple of times, because most of the time I've been "exploring" with VPN).

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How many people in Greece are searching 'Guns N' Roses state of Grace' in the last week or so that the spotify algorithim has been altered? Or Sweden? Most GnR fans don't even know these song titles exist, let alone to be typed enough to come up with Guns N Roses in the results. Remember also people would have to be typing Guns N Roses as well as the song search, not just 'State of Grace'. There is clearly an albums worth of songs uploaded to the database - this is not longer a theory. This does not mean an album is imminent though, it means that the album is there. It can be cancelled, it can be months away or days away. But it is there. 

• Like 4

The more songs that appear from search, the more I'm skeptical.  I think something's still in the works, at the minimum an Atlas single, but Soul Monster suddenly getting thrown into the mix makes me think it's coming from people's aggressive search history playing into what's resulting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

spotif15.jpg

GnR led zeppelin etc are related artists to ACDC. That's why you are getting this. 'You like ACDC? Then you'll probably like GnR etc etc' Specific random song titles like state of grace, atlas shrugged have no relevance to GnR unless the songs are in the database. but as stated earlier. it doesnt mean it's imminent, it just means it's there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

Specific random song titles like state of grace, atlas shrugged have no relevance to GnR unless the songs are in the database.

This is simply not true. You might be right about, the songs might be in the database. But your statement that "the songs have to be in the database-this is no longer a theory" is wrong.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It doesn't make sense either way. For example, State of Grace coming up in Greece just can't be because of people searching (even I searched Spotify GR for each song through my account only a couple of times, because most of the time I've been "exploring" with VPN).

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

How many people in Greece are searching 'Guns N' Roses state of Grace' in the last week or so that the spotify algorithim has been altered? Or Sweden? Most GnR fans don't even know these song titles exist, let alone to be typed enough to come up with Guns N Roses in the results. Remember also people would have to be typing Guns N Roses as well as the song search, not just 'State of Grace'. There is clearly an albums worth of songs uploaded to the database - this is not longer a theory. This does not mean an album is imminent though, it means that the album is there. It can be cancelled, it can be months away or days away. But it is there. 

I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be a result of people searching, but it is odd that as this has captured more attention/more people searching, the big guns are starting to pop up. On the other hand, Spotify could have updated its algorithm or its parameters/data capture/machine learning. At the end of the day, we can only speculate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Another thing: I have searched Silkworms in various countries and neither GN'R nor Absurd come up.

Which is a decent sign because it would play against this all being down to an algorithm. 

As for Soul Mon giving results for GNR. I can’t take that one serious personally. Until a set of full words are typed in it seems more suggestive than anything. 

It does seem like something is in the works. But the question is, what?

A full album might give a cover or two. Fine. An EP slightly larger than HardSkool could also. In that case most likely live versions. An album bundled with a bonus live album could be possible. Which could explain several covers popping up. 

• Like 1