The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, PrimalScream said:

This is the main reason I still believe something is planned for release on the next days/weeks. If I get some free time, I might try to search spotify for known upcoming releases to see up until when they show the artist as a result.

We know the Queen song that is supposed to come out this month gets results, but other songs on the UYI box due november get nothing, as well as the MJ album

From what I understand and posted a few pages back is that Spotify songs are submitted usually a few weeks before release, a month at most. Therefore makes total sense the UYI stuff isn’t showing up yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

But the thing is, nothing this band does ever truly makes sense. So yeah, I can totally see them dropping this box set and new music all at the same time and not promoting any of it. 

I hope so!

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

A question to ponder, on the topic of “Going Down”

Oh My God (for me at least) does not yield any GNR results on Spotify. Despite this being a song literally released under the Guns name. Going Down and Perhaps, both also talked about a ton, do not. Is there any logical reason that the 4 songs we have right now would yield Guns N’ Roses but not 3 that have been talked about as often or more than the songs showing up? Not to mention Soul Monster has been talked about way less than these in comparison. If this is an algorithm, how the fuck is this even happening? 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You guys still excited about this shit? :D

I mean zero disrespect to the users of this forum, but I've been wondering the same thing. 

If.... that's a big IF.....GN'R is going to release music on Friday, it'll happen on Friday. Not sure how/why continually searching Spotify helps ahead of that. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah me too. For some reason It completely disappears for random periods now and then. I had to look for the preview via google, but it used to be available in the US. 

Right, which takes us back to the question, would it make sense for the algorithm to suggest songs that aren't even released and have less documented history over something like Oh My God? Which is literally a release? And if we're going off the algorithim theory, when everyone is searching stuff like Perhaps and Going Down right now too, which have been talked about ad naseum prior (definitely more than Soul Monster), where are these songs? It's stuff like this that makes me unable to commit to the algorithim theory right now.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I mean zero disrespect to the users of this forum, but I've been wondering the same thing. 

If.... that's a big IF.....GN'R is going to release music on Friday, it'll happen on Friday. Not sure how/why continually searching Spotify helps ahead of that. 

I agree that this whole thing is ridiculous and will likely end up as nothing, but I personally think it's fun to speculate and hope something is on the way. I think there's enough questions still unanswerred that makes things plausible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

People here still think they are effecting the entire planets spotify algorithm? LOL. 29 people spread across the USA have managed to make The General trigger GnR in Norway. Listen to yourselves :lol::facepalm: 

This is uninformed speculation on my part (just like most other posts in this thread), but I wonder if Spotify search results for artists conform to a 'power law' distribution?

In other words the vast majority of searches for a particular song title will be for that said song by one or two particular artists.

For  example - historically, the vast majority of people searching for a song called 'State Of Grace' would have been searching for the Taylor Swift song.

The gap between that and number of searches for other songs of the same name by other artists - for example, Saxon or Billy Joel- is probably vast. (Hey - lots of Taylor fans probably use Spotify compared to fans of Billy Joel or Saxon?!)

Therefore, it would only take relatively few searches by people looking for a song called State of Grace by Guns N'  Roses to get GnR high up in the artist search for this song. In fact, they come second in my latest search from the UK.

That's what might have happened. I'd be happy to be corrected by anyone here who is more literate in the field of statistics. 

8 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Screenshot_20220921-142742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220921-142755_Chrome.jpg

What is it? 

Oddly - that Raimonda Katiliute appears to be a musician…..I wondered if she has maybe covered a song or sampled one? But then with Dizzy showing as a songwriter alongside Sorum/Slash etc…weird. 🤔

Edited by DTJ80

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Right, which takes us back to the question, would it make sense for the algorithm to suggest songs that aren't even released and have less documented history over something like Oh My God? Which is literally a release? And if we're going off the algorithim theory, when everyone is searching stuff like Perhaps and Going Down right now too, which have been talked about ad naseum prior (definitely more than Soul Monster), where are these songs? It's stuff like this that makes me unable to commit to the algorithim theory right now.

I guess that if stuff like "Devious Bastard" or "Quick Song" starts showing up too, then nobody can say that it's just because "us 40 forum users are searching those names too many times" Nobody is searching that.

The problem is that what we don't know the actual name of the songs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's the writing credits for the pinball machine version of Ain't Goin' Down. The other is a cover of Don't Cry by another band.

Why is Sorum/Reed included as songwriters though?

Edit - you answered it already 🤣👍

Edited by DTJ80

5 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Shadow wasn’t re-recorded, the drums were just triggered. That means whenever there’s a transient on the original Adler multitrack, it ‘triggers’ a new sample of a kick/snare/anything else he used. It means the performance is in-tact, but the sound is vastly enhanced by samples. It’s a common production tool… it’s basically Adler playing with the individual elements enhanced by new samples. 

Nah it was rerecorded. The drum performance is different from any previous performance that Steven recorded. And those guitars are definitely new.

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah that’s a huge argument for it being algorithmic is no linkfire has been found at all for anything. Hard Skool linkfire might’ve been a week before but can’t remember.

We don't know what title they're using for the linkfire, could be something new for the album or for the individual songs. If it's an album or EP then there won't be individual song links, just one for the album.

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I haven't looked myself, but is there a linkfire for the new YCBM that just dropped? 

Yes

https://gnr.lnk.to/UYI2022PR

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nah it was rerecorded. The drum performance is different from any previous performance that Steven recorded.

How do you know? Have you heard every version of it he ever recorded? Every single drum take?