The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

23 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's nostalgia really. 

When it comes to music it's become massive- people don't want new and are almost angry when confronted with anything new. 

yet, here we are almost to 1000 pages all craving new music

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:39 AM, tboneman said:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/never-again-longtime-fans-hit-out-at-red-hot-chili-peppers-over-sydney-set-list/news-story/130f0d1c173e1cd03b29fe8078380bb1

“Been their biggest fan all my life and after that concert would never go again. Played a few old songs but mostly new rubbish that no one knows. ”

Gee. I wonder why older bands won't release or play new material. 😂

That was a rubbish article by a crappy Australian news site (half their "news" are ppls posts from tiktok/social media). They posted a followup for the second show which had just as many new songs but added a couple more songs from californication and labelled it a success https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/stole-the-show-surprise-act-steals-red-hot-chili-peppers-concert/news-story/9a0a1845c4e9d1eb3c31be3b6f3c783f

Edited by vloors

To be fair I already have. I think we will get a track or two maybe even three or four like Slash said. But I doubt there will ever be another album. Hope i'm wrong

14 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

SURELY we will get something new in 2023.

Slash is looking pretty stupid right now.

They should drop The General when we hit 1000 pages and announce tour dates.

well, maybe not surely. I think Slash thought that what he said was going to happen in the time frame he gave and Axl just changed his mind again.

I wonder if now Slash is going to be even more careful with what he says. I hope he continues to share whatever he thinks is going to happen cause some of what he said became a reality in the past since he rejoined Gn'R, so it's better than no communication at all imo.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

SURELY we will get something new in 2023.

Slash is looking pretty stupid right now.

They should drop The General when we hit 1000 pages and announce tour dates.

Well then, hurry up. It's your fault everything is delayed. :P

• Haha 1

I'd be happy if the eventual new album is mostly CD2 as it existed in 2008-2014 (with Bumblefoot's parts removed, Bucket's re-added when necessary), mixed with the 4-6 CD2 songs Slash and Duff put some work on. That would be a good transition into actual new material by the current band. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 11:10 AM, megaguns1982 said:

Just a thought…. With how much cash they make you’d think slash could at least work on his solos to be closer to the album versions. Most bands play then flawlessly but slash just noodles about

He don't want them to sound like the album.  He never played exactly like the album. Not even in The 90's

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be happy if the eventual new album is mostly CD2 as it existed in 2008-2014 (with Bumblefoot's parts removed, Bucket's re-added when necessary), mixed with the 4-6 CD2 songs Slash and Duff put some work on. That would be a good transition into actual new material by the current band. 

Dude ... There's no "new material" coming from this "band" ... Why even kid yourself? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Dude ... There's no "new material" coming from this "band" ... Why even kid yourself? 

but how do you know what's coming or not coming? just because Axl seems to be treating the second half of Chinese like it's Karen's last Ziti, doesn't mean that he won't release at least more completed tunes from that era of the band when he feels like it at some point in the future.

you make it seem like there is zero chance for that to happen and that's just isn't true. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Why would they remove BBF and keep BH, though? The actually good transition would be compiling the album from the CD2 songs revamped to contain Slash etc., and from at least a few brand new songs (or at least unreleased tracks from the 90s). There’s no logic in releasing a new album containing a guitarist who left 20 years ago, whether we’re talking about royalties or some cohesion and sound/style. The album should sound like Axl/Slash (even if some of the songs are originally from 1999). 

I know you're a NuGuns fan, but what you're proposing here wouldn't make much sense in terms of the band's current incarnation. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Why would they remove BBF and keep BH, though? The actually good transition would be compiling the album from the CD2 songs revamped to contain Slash etc., and from at least a few brand new songs (or at least unreleased tracks from the 90s). There’s no logic in releasing a new album containing a guitarist who left 20 years ago, whether we’re talking about royalties or some cohesion and sound/style. The album should sound like Axl/Slash (even if some of the songs are originally from 1999). 

I know you're a NuGuns fan, but what you're proposing here wouldn't make much sense in terms of the band's current incarnation. 

I understand where you're coming from, and your scenario is far more likely than my wishes, however I feel Axl had a significant connection with Buckethead, especially over Bumblefoot.  There may be some songs that are unfitting for Slash, for those, perhaps Richard will record over Bucket's/Bumble's parts. I hope we at least get some Bucket stuff on the next album, I think we will. If it's any indication, we do hear him a little towards the end (and the intro) on Absurd, and it's debatable if that's his playing towards the end of Hard Skool. (He was definitely on the Village demo, towards the end) 

32 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I understand where you're coming from, and your scenario is far more likely than my wishes, however I feel Axl had a significant connection with Buckethead, especially over Bumblefoot.  There may be some songs that are unfitting for Slash, for those, perhaps Richard will record over Bucket's/Bumble's parts. I hope we at least get some Bucket stuff on the next album, I think we will. If it's any indication, we do hear him a little towards the end (and the intro) on Absurd, and it's debatable if that's his playing towards the end of Hard Skool. (He was definitely on the Village demo, towards the end) 

I don't think these guys are anywhere on the refurbished demos; however, I would definitely love to hear the original material with them - i.e. the best thing in this sense would be a leak of CD2. We need another locker episode! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't think these guys are anywhere on the refurbished demos; however, I would definitely love to hear the original material with them - i.e. the best thing in this sense would be a leak of CD2. We need another locker episode! 

I couldn't agree more!

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Would be very nice if that would happen within 10 pages

• Like 1