The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder how much Tommy would sell unreleased CD era songs for, in a private transaction. ;)

When touring (hopefully) starts up again in November, if we still haven't heard some concrete news regarding the new album, someone like Tommy needs to do the right thing and leak CD2 to the fans. :axl:

#TheNextChapter

47 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

When touring (hopefully) starts up again in November, if we still haven't heard some concrete news regarding the new album, someone like Tommy needs to do the right thing and leak CD2 to the fans. :axl:

#TheNextChapter

I'm sure him and Chris Pitman have quite a bit of very, very cool material.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I look at it more as a case by case basis. I have no reason to excuse Axl's actions. Tommy said that the main reason he joined new Gn'R was because he liked that Axl decided to continue to use the Gn'R name even though he was the only classic member left in the band and that no one else tried it quite like this before.

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happen the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

I also think no one tells Axl what to do. Especially not the people he employs.

Id guess that the main reason Tommy joined was money. I doubt ‘the replacements’ was gonna see him into retirement financially .   Same goes for most of the b grade musicians he’s had in gnr over the years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is it likely Tommy or Pitman would  have access to anything? I'd be surprised if they did.

I'd love it to happen obviously- but they would be basically spending the rest of their lives in legal battles! 

I think Axl wanted Pitman mainly for his abilities in the studio. I'm sure most active members had access to things.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Id guess that the main reason Tommy joined was money. I doubt ‘the replacements’ was gonna see him into retirement financially .   Same goes for most of the b grade musicians he’s had in gnr over the years

B grade musicians? the 2002 lineup was comprised of some of the best musicians in the world. I have no idea what you're talking about.

but sure, it's also a job and the money was good but I believe Tommy genuinely liked the idea of attempting to pull off something that was such a challenge. I think it appealed to his punk attitude.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

B grade musicians? the 2002 lineup was comprised of some of the best musicians in the world. I have no idea what you're talking about.

but sure, it's also a job and the money was good but I believe Tommy genuinely liked the idea of attempting to pull off something that was such a challenge. I think it appealed to his punk attitude.

Yeah there's no way any of them were B grade musicians. You can say what you like about them as an opinion but to call them not adequate as musicians simply isn't true. They were all exceptional. 

• GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, Rovim said:

My man

If Melissa posted here she’d be all 🔥🔥💯💝fam

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I think Axl wanted Pitman mainly for his abilities in the studio. I'm sure most active members had access to things.

Had for sure. But given Pitman's grievances with the band around NITL and his subsequent legal issues, surely there's no way the guy still has access to unreleased recordings? 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Had for sure. But given Pitman's grievances with the band around NITL and his subsequent legal issues, surely there's no way the guy still has access to unreleased recordings? 

No doubt, I was more thinking of things he would have had left over from his years with the band. (CDs, mp3s on his computers, raw working files, anything he brought home, iPod, etc.) It's not like those all disappear when he leaves the band. Much like Tom Z had a bunch of CD era CDs. Hahaha ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

No doubt, I was more thinking of things he would have had left over from his years with the band. (CDs, mp3s on his computers, raw working files, anything he brought home, iPod, etc.) It's not like those all disappear when he leaves the band. Much like Tom Z had a bunch of CD era CDs. Hahaha ;)

Yeah that's a good point actually. It doesn't really seem to have been a water-tight operation when you've got people finding CDs they've had knocking around for ages and forgotten about! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah there's no way any of them were B grade musicians. You can say what you like about them as an opinion but to call them not adequate as musicians simply isn't true. They were all exceptional. 

Just my opinion man, I’d bet most gnr fans had never heard of bumble foot, dj, Richard, Tommy, pitman before they joined and at that point (01-08) none of them had done anything noteworthy, buckethead is the exception IMO 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Just my opinion man, I’d bet most gnr fans had never heard of bumble foot, dj, Richard, Tommy, pitman before they joined and at that point (01-08) none of them had done anything noteworthy, buckethead is the exception IMO 

I suppose it’s more the fact none were ‘major stars’ in their own right - but that’s different to their actual abilities as musicians. Fortus is probably the best example - mainly a session player with modest songwriting credits but technically a super-proficient musician.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Well an opinion could be that you don't like them. But to call them 'b grade musicians' simply isn't true. 

Whether people have heard of them or not has no bearing on how well they can play. Popularity has never been a barometer of talent or ability. 

I'm pretty sure many people would take exception to you dismissing The Replacements career as not 'noteworthy' too! Massively influential band. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Well an opinion could be that you don't like them. But to call them 'b grade musicians' simply isn't true. 

Whether people have heard of them or not has no bearing on how well they can play. Popularity has never been a barometer of talent or ability. 

I'm pretty sure many people would take exception to you dismissing The Replacements career as not 'noteworthy' too! Massively influential band. 

My opinion is that they were b grade musicians, deal with it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I would say that most Guns N' Roses fans have still never heard of them.. Aside from maybe Buckethead...

• Like 2

For band decisions his surrounded himself with second rate managers and people that can do nothing but negatively impact the band itself. People that have no clue about running a world class band professionally and are only hired because they are friends or adopted family members and not because of any skill or experience.

That and him hijjacking the band in different ways over the last 35 years. From verbal outbursts, taking crowds hostage waiting hours for a concert, no shows, long term animosity towards bandmates and fans, insighting riots, inactivity on recording and releasing music, purposely not promoting material, no interviews, showing up out of shape, putting poor effort in concerts while on autopilot, the mickey effect..... the list goes on. Looking at all that now. I dont think Axl has a clue whats best for the gnr band really.

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

maybe Axl chose to surround himself with people he trusts. He tried the other way of hiring pros and that didn't go very well and like you say, what good can come out of people that can potentially give him great advice if he prefers to decide what to do himself?

I think he likes to make the big decisions based on what he feels is right for Gn'R and also let people inside the Gn'R circle make the smaller decisions so he can be free from hearing about every single little detail.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

And most casual fans still wouldnt know who they are now.

Most of them left the band and done nothing too big afterwards. Even Robin is nothing but a touring musician for nin.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vloors said:

Even Robin is nothing but a touring musician for nin.

Robin made the nin shows exciting and he is a big part of the experience that Trent tries to present. You can still be an important part of the puzzle even if your contribution is only for live shows mostly.

it's a shame he doesn't release his own music cause he is clearly a talented composer with a very unique style.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, vloors said:

For band decisions his surrounded himself with second rate managers and people that can do nothing but negatively impact the band itself. People that have no clue about running a world class band professionally and are only hired because they are friends or adopted family members and not because of any skill or experience.

That and him hijjacking the band in different ways over the last 35 years. From verbal outbursts, taking crowds hostage waiting hours for a concert, no shows, long term animosity towards bandmates and fans, insighting riots, inactivity on recording and releasing music, purposely not promoting material, no interviews, showing up out of shape, putting poor effort in concerts while on autopilot, the mickey effect..... the list goes on. Looking at all that now. I dont think Axl has a clue whats best for the gnr band really.

I'm not a fan of TB, but I think the advantage is that at least Axl knows they won't betray him and loyalty seems to be really important for him.

I didn't mean that I approve of every decision Axl ever made, just that he likes to call all the shots when it comes to important Gn'R matters. Some of his shenanigans did help make it more exciting imo though.