The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I definitely believe Axl wants to release a new album but I don't know how close they are to a finished product so it could be that there's a plan to release one when it's done and pick a way to sell and promote it but maybe those things are still tbd.

6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Never Say Never would actually be a pretty apt album title, coming off the back of the Not In This Lifetime tour.

Make it happen Axl :axl:

It would, though Never Say Never Again would be much more superior I'd say. I've always loved that title ahead of the other classics:

The Spy who ate Kebabs

Thunderbaw

Dr. Naw

Axl didn't give a release date, nothing has changed for the better or worse since 2016. There's not enough information to read into imo. Slash seemed optimistic, but it seems that Axl sets the pace of it just like it was in new Guns.

Edited by Rovim

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl didn't give a release date, nothing has changed for the better or worse since 2016. There's not enough information to read into imo. Slash seemed optimistic, but it seems that Axl sets the pace of it just like it was in new Guns.

Well something has changed for the worse.....we're 5 years down the road, and nothing has happened. 

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl was busy. with the tour and what not.

That's the old excuse, which ignores the huge gaps in touring and the promises that the album was on it's way. 

He'll be busy with touring for years and years, because it's the never ending tour. I'm not sure what the 'what not' is though! 

Then you have the other argument people trot out that they can't release new music UNLESS they are touring and all we're waiting for now is more tour dates! 

So either they can't do anything unless they're not touring, or they can't do anything until they're touring again...... there's an excuse either way, for those that want one. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

I would much rather have CD2 leak from the CD era. Even in 2008-2014, I bet CD2 then was as bloated as the 2008 CD was.

Hmm, with the current lineup, is there a chance CD2 as the eventual new album will be stripped down a bit? Might not be a bad thing. I'm thinking village locker leaks vs the overproduced 2008 album.

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's the old excuse, which ignores the huge gaps in touring and the promises that the album was on it's way. 

He'll be busy with touring for years and years, because it's the never ending tour. I'm not sure what the 'what not' is though! 

no one named Axl promised us an album. not sure he works on studio material during tour gaps. We don't know what he'll be busy with, time will tell. it's not too late for them to release a good Gn'R record imo and it won't be even if 2 more years pass with nothing released. No release date, no worries about an imminent release.

Axl latest position is "soon is still not the word" but that he would love to do it. Open statement, no promises. At least he's not lying about it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I know right? I'm glad that Slash is eager to put out new stuff regularly though.

can't compare Slash to Axl like that cause if it's true that Slash wants to mostly play live, maybe it's not as important for him and also enjoyable to labor over the same songs until they are just right in the studio and record everything twice.

and just because I think I understand how a musician focused on things in his life that weren't music all the time, doesn't mean I enjoy the fact this musician only released 1 album in 30 years.  But sometimes shit doesn't work out, it's not that shocking cause I believe Axl is a perfectionist like Brian May said he is.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

no one named Axl promised us an album. not sure he works on studio material during tour gaps. We don't know what he'll be busy with, time will tell. it's not too late for them to release a good Gn'R record imo and it won't be even if 2 more years pass with nothing released. No release date, no worries about an imminent release.

Axl latest position is "soon is still not the word" but that he would love to do it. Open statement, no promises. At least he's not lying about it.

Well, I mean, it depends where your timescale is on Axl giving dates....if you're talking since 2016, then yeah, he hasn't said much. Previous to that there were loads of references to albums being on the way etc. 

I agree it's not too late for them to release a good GNR album. Not that I think one is even remotely imminent though. 

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It's not understandable how a musician, who is nearing his 60s, just lets year after year pass.

Not to you and not to probably most people, but it's irrelevent whether you understand it or not. It's his life, and he seems to live it for the most part on his own terms, he doesn't have to conform to how you think he should live his life. This is something people here don't seem to understand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Previous to that there were loads of references to albums being on the way etc. 

This is simply not true. This was discussed before on here. Except for maybe a few instances, Axl has always been consistent with what he said.

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is simply not true. This was discussed before on here. Except for maybe a few instances, Axl has always been consistent with what he said.

Except of course as far back as 2002 when Axl was claiming as many as 3 GN'R albums would be released over the course of the next few years.

It's almost 20 years later and he followed through on 1 of the 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Except of course as far back as 2002 when Axl was claiming as many as 3 GN'R albums would be released over the course of the next few years.

Yes, and in 2006 he told Eddie Trunk during his radio show that they had 2.5 albums worth of material, and that they were even going to work on more material that night. In 2014 or so he said the remix and follow-up album were already recorded. 

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We’ve worked more on some of those things and we’ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That’s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That’s been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we’re going to start looking very seriously at what we’re doing in that regard." - Axl Rose

I would imagine, at the very least, right now they have two albums worth of material. I'm sure some of it will never see the light of day. Stuff like Nothin, Eye On You, Silkworms, etc. wouldn't fit well on a current GN'R album, as much as I'd prefer the vaults to be emptied as well as my wallet as a result. :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This was already responded to in another thread.

Anyway, that is why I said ''except for maybe a few instances''. Fact is that Axl has always been pretty consistent. It's really not his fault that fans keep getting their hopes up. Although sometimes I almost think that fans just want a reason to come on here to talk about how much he sucks. Because let's face it, it has become a favourite pastime for some people on here.

• Like 1