The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's basically your only Argument and not even a good one, IMO. 

We've heard the leaks from 1999 to 2001. We have NOTHING else past that date but the official album. 

Which means that Axl could have added vocals to Oklahoma in his home studio and we wouldnt even know about it. It's the same Situation with all the other songs from the Village session. 

I'd say there is more evidence of a lack of completed vocals than there is to suggest a whole load of new songs.

I'd also say we'll be having the same discussion this time next year (without hearing a 'new' song)

3 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I’d be willing to make a gentleman’s bet that should SOG ever officially come out it uses the same vocal track (the furthest I would be willing to go is to say he may add some additional overdubs similar to SOD or Riad)

I don't think even Rose would release a song where he is mumbling placeholder words among actual lyrics.

I don't think he'll re-record it now either - I just think he'll can the whole thing.

Edited by Pele

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

I was unaware GNR Central was still a thing. Haven't seen anything from them in a little while.

Yep they’re still around. Doesn’t seem like Sid clickbaits as bad as he used to. He still gives good concert review rundowns after every show. I can’t say I completely blame him for going the clickbait route, it’s the nature of online news, anything to get people to read and see an ad

10 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The General has vocals, Baz said. 

Scraped wasn't known to fans and was started post 2001, so it shows Axl was recording vocals after the locker disc era. Sane as Better and Sorry. 

I don't understand people still thinking there's nothing else he recorded? Going Down backing vocals, we know he was in the studio at lots of points post 2006 too doing vocal parts. 

Seven sounds fairly finished going from Brains comments about it having a tear your face off chorus. 

Soul Monster axl said he did vox for. 

We have no idea what Axl has finished and worked on, really. 

Yeah, we know that in additiion to the 99 vocal session, there was likely a 07 vocal session where he likely recorded Scraped, Better, Sorry and TIL remix.

Brains comments were useless to be honest, someone asked him about Seven and he said something like 'a suck your balls verse and a tear your face off chorus' - I take that answet to mean 'no idea, go away'.  In a serious, lengthy interview he did, he mentioned that him and a fried created the instrumental General on a keyboard and drum machine and called it that because they were eating general Tso's at the time.

Axl said he did vox for Soul Monster.  They could be at any stage of completion - might have just been a chorus idea.

8 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

They just got better at controlling leaks that's all. That's why we think there's not much left. 

Maybe.

Coincidentally they have just released a single with 99 vocal, and if they release a follow up, it's almost certainly going to be another with a 99 vocal

Edited by Pele

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Yeah, we know that in additiion to the 99 vocal session, there was likely a 97 vocal session where he liklet recorded Scraped, Better, Sorry and TIL remix.

Hopefully you mean '07.

Pele: Axl has recorded no other vocals but those mentioned 

Also Pele: We will probably hear all those songs with the vocals from 1999.

Edited by Sosso

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Pele: Axl has recorded no other vocals but those mentioned 

Also Pele: We will probably hear all those songs with the vocals from 1999.

Haha.

Sosso (in about 18 months, when GNR have released their other new singles HardShool, Atlas Shrugged and Oh My God) - "Axl has written/recorded loads of new songs.  I don't know why he keeps releasing ones with 99 vocals."

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here, the Better leak got me hooked.

Aye! It was that leak that got me interested again too actually! I just wished more of the material had been in that vain. But hey ho it is what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pele said:

I think it's this (if it ever happens)

• HardSkool (99 vocal)
  • Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  • Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  • Silkworms (99 vocal)
  • New Duff Song
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  • The General (07 vocal)
  • Perhaps (99 vocal)
  • PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  • Duff punk song (this ones for Johnny!)
  • Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)
  • Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water, Rock the Rock and This I Love remix

Rock the Rock wasn’t even written by the band - wasn’t it written by the Looney Tunes folk? I’m fairly confident there is no chance of that showing on a new release.

The other bonus tracks….you could see that on a CD deluxe but that’s about it.

Why would there be another KOHD?!

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Rock the Rock wasn’t even written by the band - wasn’t it written by the Looney Tunes folk? I’m fairly confident there is no chance of that showing on a new release.

The other bonus tracks….you could see that on a CD deluxe but that’s about it.

Why would there be another KOHD?!

I was joking about Rock the Rock.

I wasn't joking about KOHD unfortunately - don't be surprised to see that on the album (if one comes).

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I was joking about Rock the Rock.

I wasn't joking about KOHD unfortunately - don't be surprised to see that on the album (if one comes).

Ahh - jokes don’t always translate well online!

If KOHD was an obscure track on an old album then maybe but the fact it was a massive hit and so well known….literally nothing good could come from doing a re-recorded version like that.

32 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Ahh - jokes don’t always translate well online!

If KOHD was an obscure track on an old album then maybe but the fact it was a massive hit and so well known….literally nothing good could come from doing a re-recorded version like that.

I think we'll see it.

Not because it's a good idea, but because it's been recorded.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think we'll see it.

Not because it's a good idea, but because it's been recorded.

Is it the village session ones you are referring to? I haven’t heard them in ages but I was sure that was almost like a live recording more than a studio thing?

Or has another studio one been confirmed that I missed?

21 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Is it the village session ones you are referring to? I haven’t heard them in ages but I was sure that was almost like a live recording more than a studio thing?

Or has another studio one been confirmed that I missed?

They'll probably use the village vocal.

It was present on a document from Jan 08 listing the possible tracks for CD2

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I wouldnt have any problems with that (if that means that I can go into a store and buy a new album.) 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pele said:

It's happening my friend.

It could have been a possibility with the old band, but I can't see it happening now that Slash and Duff are back involved. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose. I loved the versions of KOHD from 2001/07. Tremendous. That band done a great rendition of it.

For the record, Fernando mentioned on Reddit last year that Axl has continued to write and record music since the release of Chinese, his reputation is in tatters around this place but make of that what you will!

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Even supposing that this document is real and it was really from 2008 (btw, how convenient that someone supposedly had it since 2011 but kept it to themselves, and shared it after the leaks in 2019), it doesn't look like it was about CD2 (as in a regular album). It looks like an AFD/Lies type of release plan for 2008 and 2009, with the full/regular album being followed by a hybrid release (some remixes, some outtakes and 3-4 new songs) a year later.

It's totally irrelevant to now.

Edited by Blackstar

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

And nothing will ever improve the 2002 version. That's the definitive one for me. Love Buckets solo.

• Thanks 1