The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Was Seven on the "locker" leak material?

It could be. Who knows. The names of those songs are 20+ years old. Silkworms just became Absurd. The Circus Maximus instrumental is amazing. Something like that could have ended up becoming 7. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pele said:

I don't think even Rose would release a song where he is mumbling placeholder words among actual lyrics.

I don't think he'll re-record it now either - I just think he'll can the whole thing.

You're assuming these are placeholder vocals/lyrics. My whole point is it is an artistic choice - again I'll refer to the "I don't vant to do eet" part of Sorry which he explicitly mentioned in the chats as being intentional.

10 hours ago, Dean said:

It could have been a possibility with the old band, but I can't see it happening now that Slash and Duff are back involved. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose. I loved the versions of KOHD from 2001/07. Tremendous. That band done a great rendition of it.

For the record, Fernando mentioned on Reddit last year that Axl has continued to write and record music since the release of Chinese, his reputation is in tatters around this place but make of that what you will!

I mean when it comes to shit like that I don't think Axl and Fernando have ever been known to lie a lot, so no reason to doubt him. They're bad at following through on things they say will happen - they fail to deliver a lot, but that's not the same as lying. They may have been telling the truth at the time they promised stuff only for it not to come to pass.

They've been accurate more often than not when talking about things that have happened, especially to do with recording and what they expect to happen/has happened with how music sounds. Take Silkworms as an example. Way back in 08 Axl said it was still being considered for future release and had a new chorus and was reworked instrumentally to be more guitar based.... he was telling the truth.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, Axl S said:

I mean when it comes to shit like that I don't think Axl and Fernando have ever been known to lie a lot, so no reason to doubt him. They're bad at following through on things they say will happen - they fail to deliver a lot, but that's not the same as lying. They may have been telling the truth at the time they promised stuff only for it not to come to pass.

They've been accurate more often than not when talking about things that have happened, especially to do with recording and what they expect to happen/has happened with how music sounds. Take Silkworms as an example. Way back in 08 Axl said it was still being considered for future release and had a new chorus and was reworked instrumentally to be more guitar based.... he was telling the truth.

Absolutely. Axl is usually rather meticulous about getting facts straight. If Axl says something, I am inclined to believe him or at least take it as the truth as he sees it. That doesn't mean he is always right, and there are often two or more sides to a story, but I usually trust that he is saying the truth as he knows it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pele said:

I think we'll see it.

Not because it's a good idea, but because it's been recorded.

Putting another KOHD on a new album makes zero sense from any point of view. And I’m aware that in this Absurd world, “sense” is not always the strongest arrow to go by, but this notion is still… unsubstantiated, to say the least. 
I mean, “recorded”? They re-recorded Appetite in 99 – are they putting any of that on the new album as well? Maybe SCOM the Big Daddy soundtrack? Another It’s So Easy? I mean, what with them opening with it all the time and what not, that's an indicator, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

Honest to fuck, reading some of the comments here is just unreal! Either some folk have way too much time on their hands, are at the wind up, or are mentally unhinged! 

TBF some are all three at once 🤣. GNR will do that to some folk!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Even supposing that this document is real and it was really from 2008 (btw, how convenient that someone supposedly had it since 2011 but kept it to themselves, and shared it after the leaks in 2019), it doesn't look like it was about CD2 (as in a regular album). It looks like an AFD/Lies type of release plan for 2008 and 2009, with the full/regular album being followed by a hybrid release (some remixes, some outtakes and 3-4 new songs) a year later.

It's totally irrelevant to now.

Not defending him, but I think this document had been posted before the leaks. 

I am no insider myself, but I know for a fact that Going Down was a song title with Tommy vocals before the leaks and before the 2011 setlist was posted. Mostly because TB (not exactly Fernando, but some lesser known members) were totally ok with walking around with iPods full of unreleased GNR tracks and showing it to people just to brag about it. Sadly, back then I didn't hear anything.

Surely those stuff were passed to some US fans. When I saw this document, I tried to reach out this guy to see if he knew something more about it. Didn't get anything, then tried to reach out some other guy (who had tricked some Portuguese fans who had CD demos and leaked that 2007 batch of CD, Madagascar and The Blues). He didn't knew either. Now I feel stupid for doing that, but I was really curious about it and didn't thought it was a big deal since I wasn't talking about leaking songs, but rather trying to get information. 

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

These 'insiders' are talking bollocks, they have no sources. They are trolls at best. The fat one is about as far removed from any actual truth about the band as anyone of us.

The thing is, they work with pieces of truth and then reshape them to look credible. Not only they troll the fanbase, but also try to blackmail the band over some shady stuff. Sometimes it's a third party source, and there's lot of noise in between. 

But after they taste some piece of attention after a more credible rumor, they feel the need to get more and more. So they just come up with stuff that could very well be the truth, but it's purely based on speculation and generic/cripted stuff that could be interpreted as anything. Kinda like the zodiac :P 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Not defending him, but I think this document had been posted before the leaks. 

I am no insider myself, but I know for a fact that Going Down was a song title with Tommy vocals before the leaks and before the 2011 setlist was posted. Mostly because TB (not exactly Fernando, but some lesser known members) were totally ok with walking around with iPods full of unreleased GNR tracks and showing it to people just to brag about it. Sadly, back then I didn't hear anything.

Surely those stuff were passed to some US fans. When I saw this document, I tried to reach out this guy to see if he knew something more about it. Didn't get anything, then tried to reach out some other guy (who had tricked some Portuguese fans who had CD demos and leaked that 2007 batch of CD, Madagascar and The Blues). He didn't knew either. Now I feel stupid for doing that, but I was really curious about it and didn't thought it was a big deal since I wasn't talking about leaking songs, but rather trying to get information. 

The thing is, they work with pieces of truth and then reshape them to look credible. Not only they troll the fanbase, but also try to blackmail the band over some shady stuff. Sometimes it's a third party source, and there's lot of noise in between. 

But after they taste some piece of attention after a more credible rumor, they feel the need to get more and more. So they just come up with stuff that could very well be the truth, but it's purely based on speculation and generic/cripted stuff that could be interpreted as anything. Kinda like the zodiac :P 

Lots of good info in here and all I can zone in on is ZODIAC….🤣.

I really REALLY hope we get Zodiac 13 on the new album. 🤞

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Lots of good info in here and all I can zone in on is ZODIAC….🤣.

I really REALLY hope we get Zodiac 13 on the new album. 🤞

Zodiac was to my hear ears the only proper cool leak from the Village Sessions. So aye, I'd go wae that too. 

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Also lol @ people seriously thinking they'll release another version of KOHD. How detached from reality do you have to be?

Hahahahaha! Fucking right! Agree with ya there. 

20 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Translate?

Wrote it all down to Google Translate.

The comment by the dude was basically: Sorry, to comment, but the music is bad. I know we won't get another AFD or UYI, because they are different people these days. But that song was disrespectful to the fans.

Her answer (and this is a direct translation): "Too bad you feel disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this was not the intention but anyway, this song is part of the cd. enjoy your day."

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

The comment by the dude was basically: Sorry, to comment, but the music is bad. I know we won't get another AFD or UYI, because they are different people these days. But that song was disrespectful to the fans.

Her answer (and this is a direct translation): "Too bad you feel disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this was not the intention but anyway, this song is part of the cd. enjoy your day."

Not sure if she meant cd as in cd or as in Chinese Democracy. I mean it was no part of Chinese, so she meant new album? Could mean from CD sessions though.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

So - translation permitting - is Beta saying it will be on the new album? 🤔

Im cool with that!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Zodiac was to my hear ears the only proper cool leak from the Village Sessions. So aye, I'd go wae that too. 

Hahahahaha! Fucking right! Agree with ya there. 

Zodiac has a killer groove. I’ve said this often on here but it is very reminiscent of Mechanical Animals era Marilyn Manson (Sean Bevan was the producer on that….) which is a great thing as that album is his best for sure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Not sure if she meant cd as in cd or as in Chinese Democracy. I mean it was no part of Chinese, so she meant new album? Could mean from CD sessions though.

I think she means "part of the CD" as a reference to the next Album