The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting, 11 tracks seems a little light for a GN'R album, considering the amount of material they have amassed. Unless a few codes after Hard Skool are not registered to anything before they run into the other artists. Absurd isn't a bad opener. 

Putting Silkworms as an opener would be the biggest FY to all these so-called casual fans that made them multi-millionaires by repeatedly buying tickets (and merch) to hear SCOM and the likes. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Putting Silkworms as an opener would be the biggest FY to all these so-called casual fans that made them multi-millionaires by repeatedly buying tickets (and merch) to hear SCOM and the likes. 

Why? It's "the song that should be heard." An album opener is the perfect spot! 😉

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It would only be half as bad as closing the Illusions with My World.

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Why should anyone feel insulted by what a band decides to release, or even less the order of tracks? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It would only be half as bad as closing the Illusions with My World.

How about a re-recording of My World featuring new parts from Buckethead (+2db) and Brain (-1db) performed in different decades in different studios in different eras of the band?!

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I’m sure a new album will happen eventually but let’s not try to look into stuff like this, it probably means nothing. I’d expect another single or two in a few years before an album, there’s just no proof to say an album is actually on the way.

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

How about a re-recording of My World featuring new parts from Buckethead (+2db) and Brain (-1db) performed in different decades in different studios in different eras of the band?!

I'm not even sure if Bucket and Brain could save that song, unless of course it was extended and re-recorded with '99 Axl vocals.

Just now, Sweersa said:

I'm not even sure if Bucket and Brain could save that song, unless of course it was extended and re-recorded with '99 Axl vocals.

Good shout on the '99 vocals! Perhaps if there was a drum arrangement from Josh Freese, but played by Brain mostly, with kick drum and additional cymbals by Frank, then that would hit the spot!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I had a quick look at the ISRC Handbook

It is strongly recommended that Designation Codes [=the last five digits] should be assigned sequentially within the range provided, and care should be taken to ensure that the same Designation Codes are never re-used within one calendar year.

https://www.ifpi.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/ISRC_Handbook.pdf

I think there may really be something here, ie. that an album exists. Of course, it doesn't mean much regarding a release date.

Yeah, it ain’t nothing. 11 rather than, say, 73 numerical differences is a little coincidental. 

Someone call Scotland Yard!! 🕵️

(Also, I fucking called it that Absurd would probably be the 1st track.)

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Good shout on the '99 vocals! Perhaps if there was a drum arrangement from Josh Freese, but played by Brain mostly, with kick drum and additional cymbals by Frank, then that would hit the spot!?

Caram Costanzo, is that you?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I know I love it. 😂

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, it ain’t nothing. 11 rather than, say, 73 numerical differences is a little coincidental. 

Someone call Scotland Yard!! 🕵️

(Also, I fucking called it that Absurd would probably be the 1st track.)

Even 23 (including the 12 blank codes between Hard Skool and the next release) is not far-fetched. It could include live bonus tracks like the "b-sides" on the HS CD and vinyl.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even 23 (including the 12 blank codes between Hard Skool and the next release) is not far-fetched. It could include live bonus tracks like the "b-sides" on the HS CD and vinyl.

Exactly. Again, it’s the best piece of evidence we have that a larger release is slated.

Leading up to Chi Dem 2008 a “surprise” album release was a desperate, pie in the sky, idea/hope fans would throw around when things seemed hopeless. Now, in 2021, in the digital age it’s pretty much a given that’s what will ultimately happen. That works in our favor with this finding exceptionally well. 👌🏻

Fuck I’m excited. Maybe this little secret is why Axl was so damn happy this past tour.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Some top level Columbo stuff here! 

Good work. 

Honestly, if Fernando chimed in saying they plan to drop a full album in November, this would still be a better indicator of that being the case. 😏

• Like 2

I think this also means multiple versions with lotsa B-side or maybe more live stuff. Looking at what they did with Hard Skool, that seems to be an attractive option for them in terms of physical release(s) down the road.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

It would also be a huge FY to any fan who had been patiently waiting for a new album with some good songs.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why should anyone feel insulted by what a band decides to release, or even less the order of tracks? 

It's horrendously insulting to release a 'new' song that he knows the fanbase already hates, simply because he couldn't be bothered to record any new vocals, but it's like Stockholm Syndrome here.  The expectation is so low you are grateful for a 20 year old throwaway and all is forgiven.

Edited by Pele
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2