The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Isn't that just probably the Hard Skool "EP"?

Probably, although the Hard Skool vinyl is not an "EP"/maxi single, it's just a 7'' single. Also, if I have understood correctly, the HS physical releases are exclusive to the GnR store, so they aren't going to be released in the retail market.

They have a listing for CD format, too:

https://platekompaniet.no/cd/nytt-album4/

There are similar listings for upcoming albums by Adele, Rihanna, etc.

EDIT: The store sells bootlegs, too, so it may just be a new bootleg release.

Edited by Blackstar

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

EDIT: The store sells bootlegs, too, so it may just be a new bootleg release.

Probably bootlegs of Hard Skool lol

The excitement remains at a minimun.

I've changed my stance and at this point I'm fine thinking that they may never release an LP. At least I have seen and listened to how Slash and Duff sounded on a GN'R song in 2021, even though Axl's vocals are old. Them working on a song and actually releasing it is probably enough for me. 

If a new record arrives good. If not then okay. My excitement for a new record is now focused on the chili peppers with JF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Probabilmente bootleg di Hard Skool lol

L'eccitazione rimane al minimo.

Ho cambiato la mia posizione ea questo punto sto bene pensando che potrebbero non pubblicare mai un LP. Almeno ho visto e ascoltato come suonavano Slash e Duff in una canzone dei GN'R nel 2021, anche se la voce di Axl è vecchia. Loro lavorare su una canzone e rilasciarla in realtà è probabilmente abbastanza per me. 

Se un nuovo record arriva bene. Se no allora va bene. La mia eccitazione per un nuovo disco è ora concentrata sui peperoncini con JF.

RHCP album in May 2022 🤘

• Like 3

2 hours ago, betterman said:

I think its kind of a placeholder when there is substantial rumors of a new release, they may have got something directly from the label though..

Yes, I believe this is the case.

Question is (like you mentioned), do they get early hints from the label?

The list of artists they've created placeholders for is quite short.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, Towelie said:

here was once a time when GNR announcing a new record would've been near the top of my wishlist in life, but these days, great if it happens, but I ain't that bothered if it doesn't.

I hear you, I used to pray that I didn't die before CD came out as I was waiting for the follow up since 1996. Unfortunately A/HS has shattered my high expectations.  With saying that I hold the village leaks in high regard as a fascinating period piece that I listen to as a treat every weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Yes, I believe this is the case.

Question is (like you mentioned), do they get early hints from the label?

The list of artists they've created placeholders for is quite short.

The placeholder is for a 2022 release anyway, and it's quite likely that an album will be released at some point in 2022 (or at least I'm convinced that something will be released in 2022 - I mean other than the physical releases of Hard Skool/Absurd).

7 hours ago, betterman said:

I think its kind of a placeholder when there is substantial rumors of a new release, they may have got something directly from the label though..

And here we are, back to obscure music retailers listing "TBD" GNR albums for the following year.  Life sure is circular. :facepalm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

And here we are, back to obscure music retailers listing "TBD" GNR albums for the following year.  Life sure is circular. :facepalm:

I was just thinking about how we all used to do that here years ago with Chinese Democracy.  Daily checks on the Geffen website etc. There was a date on their website (I don’t remember what) that we counted down the days until it was here and then it came and went without incident.

But I’ve taught myself to keep the faith. I thought CD would never be released and then suddenly there was a tour in 2006, non stop Axl interviews and eventually a new album.

I thought they’d never tour again then suddenly Slash & Duff were back in the band and they were headlining Coachella.

There will be an album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dally said:

Yea saw it last week while i was browsing coming new releases;)

Did you see it anywhere else too? I’ve tried googling upcoming album releases but have so far drawn a blank (I saw the link I posted on another forum). How did you find it?

11 hours ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I was just thinking about how we all used to do that here years ago with Chinese Democracy.  Daily checks on the Geffen website etc. There was a date on their website (I don’t remember what) that we counted down the days until it was here and then it came and went without incident.

But I’ve taught myself to keep the faith. I thought CD would never be released and then suddenly there was a tour in 2006, non stop Axl interviews and eventually a new album.

I thought they’d never tour again then suddenly Slash & Duff were back in the band and they were headlining Coachella.

There will be an album.

The time lapse between paragraph 2 & 3, was 9 years. At this rate axl could be KOHD............ And that song will last longer than the current live version 😂 

From Sp1at on Gnrevolution: 

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

Of course, it might mean nothing

• Like 3
  • Wow 8
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

From Sp1at on Gnrevolution: 

The ISRC code for Absurd is USUG12103950, and the ISRC code for Hard Skool is USUG12103961.

Sometimes for albums, the codes run as a numerical sequence (I think this happened with CD and other GN'R releases), so this could imply that an entire album has been handed over, and that Hard Skool is 11 tracks after Absurd on the album. Nothing is registered on the numbers in between, but there are other tracks for other artists before and after these codes.

Of course, it might mean nothing

Interesting, 11 tracks seems a little light for a GN'R album, considering the amount of material they have amassed. Unless a few codes after Hard Skool are not registered to anything before they run into the other artists. Absurd isn't a bad opener. 

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting, 11 tracks seems a little light for a GN'R album, considering the amount of material they have amassed. Unless a few codes after Hard Skool are not registered to anything before they run into the other artists. Absurd isn't a bad opener. 

The order in which the songs were uploaded to the IRSC database don't necessarily mean to be the album order.

Just checked and yes, between USUG12103950 (Absurd) and USUG12103961 (Hard Skool) it's all in blank. But also between HS and USUG12103973. That's 23 spots between Absurd and the first result after Hard Skool.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe Hardschool Is not the last track, we only know at this point Hardskool and Absurd, that's the 2 Codes we know, but maybe there are 3 or 4 more tracks after Hardschool, or am I Wrong?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The order in which the songs were uploaded to the IRSC database don't necessarily mean to be the album order.

Just checked and yes, between USUG12103950 (Absurd) and USUG12103961 (Hard Skool) it's all in blank. But also between HS and USUG12103973. That's 23 spots between Absurd and the first result after Hard Skool.

Sounds like a double album! :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1