The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Intro guitar, it repeats but gets lower in the mix when the lead guitar(s) kick in, and towards the end you can hear it. Both were heard in the leaked demo (the one with Bumble's guitar in its own channel) but in the channel that doesn't contain Bumble's guitar, so it is presumably Buckethead, and sounds like it is too, unless it's Robin.

It will be really interesting to read the credits for the next album on all of the tracks. 

47 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

The first seconds of Absurd are absolutely Buckethead's killswitch button sounds from his Les Paul guitar.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Intro guitar, it repeats but gets lower in the mix when the lead guitar(s) kick in, and towards the end you can hear it. Both were heard in the leaked demo (the one with Bumble's guitar in its own channel) but in the channel that doesn't contain Bumble's guitar, so it is presumably Buckethead, and sounds like it is too, unless it's Robin.

It will be really interesting to read the credits for the next album on all of the tracks. 

Or maybe it's Fortus?

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

That's what I think too. He recently spoke about his involvement in both absurd and hardskool. It's just a killswitch guitar intro I'm sure it ain't hard to do emulate it. 

Yes, he said he's on both Absurd and Hard Skool and that he rerecorded his parts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tommyrai said:

Where did he say that? Just interested and think it’s great if he’s on both :)

You’ve been in Guns N’ Roses for like 20 years now. What did it feel like to put out new music again?

I played on recordings [of ‘ABSURD’ and ‘Hard Skool’], but then we redid everything.

Did it feel like those songs came full circle this year?

Yeah, when Slash and Duff got on ‘em, it felt like a GNR track, you know? I recut my guitars as well.

You performed “ABSURD” for the first time at Fenway Park in Boston. Did people even know what was happening?

No! [Laughs] People were pretty taken aback by that. But with “Hard Skool,” it was more what people were expecting or wanted.

It must be fun to shock people a bit.

Yes, and I love playing ‘ABSURD’ live. It’s fun to play live.

https://q1043.iheart.com/featured/qna/content/2021-11-11-guns-n-roses-richard-fortus-on-how-gretsch-solved-his-slash-problem/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You’ve been in Guns N’ Roses for like 20 years now. What did it feel like to put out new music again?

I played on recordings [of ‘ABSURD’ and ‘Hard Skool’], but then we redid everything.

Did it feel like those songs came full circle this year?

Yeah, when Slash and Duff got on ‘em, it felt like a GNR track, you know? I recut my guitars as well.

You performed “ABSURD” for the first time at Fenway Park in Boston. Did people even know what was happening?

No! [Laughs] People were pretty taken aback by that. But with “Hard Skool,” it was more what people were expecting or wanted.

It must be fun to shock people a bit.

Yes, and I love playing ‘ABSURD’ live. It’s fun to play live.

https://q1043.iheart.com/featured/qna/content/2021-11-11-guns-n-roses-richard-fortus-on-how-gretsch-solved-his-slash-problem/

So wait, BH is not on Absurd? I mean, I would hope not but why the mystery?

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

So wait, BH is not on Absurd? I mean, I would hope not but why the mystery?

I don't know if there's a mystery. Fans have assumed that Buckethead is on Absurd (mainly because of the bit in the intro). But I would think that if that was the case there would be a credit like there was for Brain.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Any other guitar players here? Have you seen the rig rundowns?  i’ve personally never seen Fortus using killswitch technique or having one installed in his whole collection of guitars that he ‘s shown in all of the interviews, i think that BH is not credited because of those seconds were just saved as a sample.

Obviously Fortus is capable of installing a 15$ killswitch button and exactly replicate that sound so they don’t have to credit BH i guess but whatever that’d be weird

It pains my heart that Fortus might have played a killswitch for pretty much the only time in his career simply to remove Bucket from a credit.

Bucket is a far far far superior guitarist, superior artist, and has donated a big part of his playing to kilswithc  technique. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all of the info about Fortus and the possibility of Bucket being on that track. Interesting they had Fortus re-record his own parts, perhaps it was to jive better with the newer mixes with the current members.

I still think it's Buckethead, the old demo (not the Village one) had those same guitars/samples, and Fortus didn't seem to be featured that much when that demo was from, which was the Bucket/Bumble era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

It pains my heart that Fortus might have played a killswitch for pretty much the only time in his career simply to remove Bucket from a credit.

Bucket is a far far far superior guitarist, superior artist, and has donated a big part of his playing to kilswithc  technique. 

It's as simple as Fortus is in the band Bucket's not. 

Though Brain's drum part is a different story. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:45 PM, Sweersa said:

I wonder if Slash will be re-recording all of Robin and Buckethead's work. 

I think we will hear some Buckethead, especially since you can hear him in bits of Absurd. (some say in Hard Skool too, but I'm not sure on that)

Slash is doing trills over Bucketheads "nubbing" (that atonal tapping thing he does)

8 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Any other guitar players here? Have you seen the rig rundowns?  i’ve personally never seen Fortus using killswitch technique or having one installed in his whole collection of guitars that he ‘s shown in all of the interviews, i think that BH is not credited because of those seconds were just saved as a sample.

Obviously Fortus is capable of installing a 15$ killswitch button and exactly replicate that sound so they don’t have to credit BH i guess but whatever that’d be weird

Theres a killswitch right below the pickguard next to the bridge pickup of that offwhite aged LP Custom style Scala.

Theres also a kill switch on the aged red 335 looking guitar hes using in 2021 for the song

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

Since Bucket is known for his killswitch playing, chances are it is him.  He wouldn't get namechecked as a songwriter, and on the ASCAP official registered page it just shows "Guns N' Roses" as the performer of the track as opposed to individual players of all the tracks.  Maybe Bucket's contract with GNR allows for GNR's usage of audio Bucket recorded for the band, and he gets a certain percentage via mechanical royalties of the song under the blanket of the GNR name?

55 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Since Bucket is known for his killswitch playing, chances are it is him.  He wouldn't get namechecked as a songwriter, and on the ASCAP official registered page it just shows "Guns N' Roses" as the performer of the track as opposed to individual players of all the tracks.  Maybe Bucket's contract with GNR allows for GNR's usage of audio Bucket recorded for the band, and he gets a certain percentage via mechanical royalties of the song under the blanket of the GNR name?

The performer is "Guns N' Roses" on all GnR songs on ASCAP, similarly with other bands. ASCAP doesn't list the individual players as performers, because it's an organization that collects royalties for songwriters only from radio play etc. Mechanical royalties are songwriter royalties also (it's the royalties songwriters get from song/album sales).

But it's highly possible that Axl/Geffen own the copyright of all the sound recordings from the NuGnR era, so they can be used. However, Brain is credited as an outside/"associated" player on the streaming platforms.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

We should start getting more advertisements for the 2022 shows on their social media in the upcoming months. If they start using the "Next Chapter" moniker again like in 2020 there might be hope. However, if they are still using "We're F'n Back", we are fucking fucked. 

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 4