STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

I gotta say: I’m really starting to hate the spice arc in the boba show. It rips off dune, for starters (which starwars already does too much as is). Also it makes Tattooine more important than it should be. What made Tattooine cool before is that it was a backwater world. The biggest thing tho is that why would boba, a crime lord, want to stop CRIME?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I gotta say: I’m really starting to hate the spice arc in the boba show. It rips off dune, for starters (which starwars already does too much as is). Also it makes Tattooine more important than it should be. What made Tattooine cool before is that it was a backwater world. The biggest thing tho is that why would boba, a crime lord, want to stop CRIME?

Yup agree. 

Also them trying to make Boba this reformed nice guy is a bit much. Make him have a moral compass of sorts, but leave it questionable. 

Guess you could look at old shows like the Sapranos or The Shield to get the inspiration as to where I'm going. 

Tattooine should be the scum of the universe, with most their really not giving a shit about anything that goes on the planet other than themselves and what immediately effects them. 

Edited by hudsonsaul
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Mixed-to-positive feelings on the boba finale, from my side.

in other news: the Kenobi show is now confirmed to start on May 25th.

Thank fuck. Even as a big SW fan, I don't care about Boba Fett one bit. Much more interested in Kenobi's story.

• Like 2

Don't know how to feel about that finale. I enjoyed the show generally but yeah, it's certainly going around in circles now when it comes to mando. Getting massive "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS" vibes and was really hoping the shows would stay away from that as much as possible.  Not sure if it's just me that feels that way. Feels like they're even trying to remind us about stuff that happened in mando season 1 lmao.  Just makes me roll my eyes sometimes.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 5:33 PM, ZoSoRose said:

This boba show was horrible

Yeah it was pretty B grade cheesy for the most part. 

If I'm honest I enjoyed the Mando driven episodes, and nerding out over the lore in my thoughts, but all the boba ones I was more watching it like you do a bad soap opera with terrible acting - once watching you can't pull your eyes from it lol. 

Like an episode of neighbours or something. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With hindsight, the Boba show now is my least-favorite piece of live-action Star Wars aside from the holiday special and the two Ewok movies.

Also, Kathleen Kennedy gave an update today on several things:

Jon Watts (director of the mcu Spidey films) is doing a show that takes place after RotJ, about four 12-year-olds going on adventures with a adult (Jude Law). No title yet.

The Acolyte show is set 100 years before Phantom Menace and will touch on Palpatine’s rise to power.

Still no update on Lando or Droid Story.

As far as the movies go: Taika’s film is now coming first. Rogue Squadron is on hold (again). Feige’s film and Rian’s trilogy are “still a long ways away.”

Lastly, Kennedy says she thinks Solo bombed cause they casted a new actor, and says from now on they’re just gonna use cgi for legacy characters (like what they’re doing now with Luke).

Edited by rocknroll41

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the first two Kenobi episodes.

Episode 1 review:

Really good! Not perfect, but good.

Episode 2 review:

Welp, rebels isn’t canon anymore lol. But aside from that it was a great episode! I now see why they released these back to back. While part of me still wishes this was in theaters, the pacing of it is starting to make me more and more happy that this is a show instead.

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just finished the first two Kenobi episodes.

Episode 1 review:

Really good! Not perfect, but good.

Episode 2 review:

Welp, rebels isn’t canon anymore lol. But aside from that it was a great episode! I now see why they released these back to back. While part of me still wishes this was in theaters, the pacing of it is starting to make me more and more happy that this is a show instead.

Can only assume he isn't dead right? 

Watched the two episodes and was really excited, not convinced so far though, but I'll be watching them all as they come available with high hopes. 

I also felt that the inquisitors came across as complete pussies, why were they all so cut up about the third sisters actions? She was fully embracing the dark side for her needs and they seemed to not want that. It was odd. 

• Like 1

Updated schedule:

August - November: Andor Season 1
Summer: Lego Star Wars Summer Vacation (post-TRoS Finn cartoon)
Fall: Tales of the Jedi (anthology cartoon)
Fall - Winter: Bad Batch Season 2

February - April: Mando Season 3
Spring: Ahsoka show
Spring: Young Jedi Adventures (High Republic cartoon for preschoolers)
Summer: Visions Season 2
December: Taika’s movie (for now)
TBA: Andor Season 2
TBA: The Acolyte Season 1
TBA: Skeleton Crew Season 1

NO YEAR YET
Rogue Squadron movie
Feige’s movie
JD Dillard’s movie
Rian’s trilogy
Lando show
Mando Season 4