What Song Would You Like Guns N' Roses To Open With?

Guns N' Roses for Years have Picked Welcome to The Jungle. Which Is Understandable. It Sets The Tone and Kicks Ass from the Get Go!

What would you like to hear Guns N' Roses Open With?

You Could be Mine, Imo, is a Brilliant Opening. Drum Solo, Guitar, Bass and Axl's Vocals. Only down side is Axl Can't reach 1991 High Notes.

I believe Welcome To The Jungle would be better in the middle of the set. That was the case during the ''Appetite Era''. Fans Anticipated it, Just like the the rest of The Classics.

12 minutes ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Guns N' Roses for Years have Picked Welcome to The Jungle. Which Is Understandable. It Sets The Tone and Kicks Ass from the Get Go!

What would you like to hear Guns N' Roses Open With?

You Could be Mine, Imo, is a Brilliant Opening. Drum Solo, Guitar, Bass and Axl's Vocals. Only down side is Axl Can't reach 1991 High Notes.

I believe Welcome To The Jungle would be better in the middle of the set. That was the case during the ''Appetite Era''. Fans Anticipated it, Just like the the rest of The Classics.

Umm.....they haven't opened with Welcome To The Jungle for more than 5 years....(I can't actually remember the last time they DID open with it, as it was CD for a long time before NITL) so I'll go with Welcome To The Jungle as an unexpected opener! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Umm.....they haven't opened with Welcome To The Jungle for more than 5 years....(I can't actually remember the last time they DID open with it, as it was CD for a long time before NITL) so I'll go with Welcome To The Jungle as an unexpected opener! 

Cool..

Welcome To The Jungle

:headbang:

11 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

I honestly wouldn't mind if they opened with CD, the riff just sounds like a concert opener, but that will literally never happen and for good reason.

I always thought that worked really well as an opener. 

Out of interest does anyone know when they DID last open with WTTJ? I could go through old setlists.....but I bet someone just knows off the top of their head! 

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Out of interest does anyone know when they DID last open with WTTJ? I could go through old setlists.....but I bet someone just knows off the top of their head! 

I wanna say it was one of the Up Close And Personal 2012 shows... I think it was in New York, but they did a few shows in New York on that run.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It Has in the Past. Great Opener!

Although Guns N' Roses have opened with it enough times for it to become Repetivative in the Subconscious as the Gerneric Gn'R Opener.

That was Always the Alure of Gn'R, never knowing what you were going to hear or see.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I was thinking around then too. Possibly even longer ago. Been a while anyway! 

Fuck it, I looked up the setlists and it was Roseland Ballroom, New York. :lol:

First show of the UCAP tour was the last time they opened with Jungle I guess. I think the only other 'rare' openers since then have been You're Crazy (2012-13) and YCBM (2014)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Fuck it, I looked up the setlists and it was Roseland Ballroom, New York. :lol:

First show of the UCAP tour was the last time they opened with Jungle I guess. I think the only other 'rare' openers since then have been You're Crazy (2012-13) and YCBM (2014)

Good work! I don't recall them opening with YCBM. Any idea what shows they were?