What Song Would You Like Guns N' Roses To Open With?

38 minutes ago, aure69 said:

Anything else than ISE, it's a great song but after 175 shows they could change it.

That said, I would love a real surpise, like Get In The Ring, Pretty Tied Up or Right Next to Door Hell.

Yeah!  Get in the ring perfect 

Rndth loving both of those. Pretty tied up not so much. 

Love this thread 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:56 PM, BenDemocracy1 said:

A new song hardskool? Or deep cut like dead horse, perfect crime. Night train or you could be mine. 

Tokio 92 was opened with Nightrain. 

How about As It Began followed by Black Leather, BMK, DotF, IDCAY or Nice Boys. Or Quick Song or Zodiac 13?

They haven't done Jungle as an intro since 2006/2007, and not since Slash came back so I think having Slash do the intro coming out first with the spotlight on him would be a badass way to start the show.  Have Axl come out in the darkness and illuminated as soon as he does his "do you know where the fuck you are" thing - cue crowd going wild

• Wow 2

Anything but ISE (and please remodel that whole 4-song initial set and keep alternating at least a part of the whole setlist) and anything that suits Axl's form. Therefore, if we were talking 2019, it can't be YCBM. I don't suppose they'd return to CD as the opener. What's left from the obvious ones would be Jungle or Nightrain. Or they could surprise us with something completely different, like SOYL. I don't expect Perfect Crime and the likes... maybe once, but hardly even that. Dead Horse has that guitar intro, which wouldn't be good as the opener. Pretty Tied Up is largely in that middle, kinda raspy register, so I don't know about that... OTGM would be good, Brownstone as well, even though it's a slower one. Also My Michelle or You're Crazy - the Appetite version. 
Or, you know, a new song. Like in 1991. 

Edited by jamillos

45 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

They haven't done Jungle as an intro since 2006/2007, and not since Slash came back so I think having Slash do the intro coming out first with the spotlight on him would be a badass way to start the show.  Have Axl come out in the darkness and illuminated as soon as he does his "do you know where the fuck you are" thing - cue crowd going wild

Mate, you’ve encapsulated everything i could want the band to do in one comment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, WendiRosei said:

Do you  not mean Dust in the wind? or you mean Elton John?

I mean Elton John. Only Axl on his piano. With fireworks.

Imagine, after the barrel intro with the shooting, the light turn off. People start to cheer. The atmosphere is electric.

The the piano with Axl sat at the stool, rises from within the scene and he starts playing Candle in the wind.

He could alter between the original and the England's rose version.

• Thanks 1

I want Frank to sing the opener no matter which song it is. 

Maybe, if Richard agreed, they could do "Beautiful" with Frank on vocals. Then afterwards, the rest of the band appear and dive straight into Black Hole Sun before Axl goes for Oxygen while Duff plays You can't put your arms around a memory alone on his acoustic guitar. 

• GNFNR 1

I think most of the openers worked really well. Welcome to the Jungle is an obvious choice. I'd love it if they started with Right Next Door To Hell. Nightrain is very powerful too. Chinese Democracy is not bad either. Pretty Tied Up, Perfect Crime, It's so Easy. So many great choices. 

7 hours ago, tbaugerud said:

I mean Elton John. Only Axl on his piano. With fireworks.

Imagine, after the barrel intro with the shooting, the light turn off. People start to cheer. The atmosphere is electric.

The the piano with Axl sat at the stool, rises from within the scene and he starts playing Candle in the wind.

He could alter between the original and the England's rose version.

I mean that's amazing. I can visualise it. Beautiful!