Dust N' Bones - Great YouTube / Izzy video

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hmm, it's up as of now. I watched the whole thing this morning. 

Yeah this was back when it first appeared - 1.5/2 years ago I think. It got pulled before I could watch it and the creators put something on Facebook about the issues. Someone on here got hold of it and hooked me up thankfully. Glad whatever the issues were seems to have been solved. 👍

• Like 1

This is really good stuff. I'm 23 minutes in and I love it. It really shows how vital Izzy was for the band/ how great the combination of the original 5 really was. Steven and Izzy, man, they actually made the others sound cool. Slash's stuff just sounds so much cooler over THAT sound. Fuck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Slash's stuff just sounds so much cooler over THAT sound. Fuck.

100%.. The chemistry between Slash and Izzy is just off the charts.. Izzy plays so lose and Slash's leads just fit his riffs like pieces to a puzzle.. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Loved it.

Has anyone tweeted this to Izzy? Do you think he's aware of it?

I'd imagine he knows, as I was curious about them being able to successfully over turn the copyright take downs, which made me think he may have given blessing/licensed his solo efforts for them to use throughout the documentary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

And Slash never really liked playing with Izzy.

Why would you say that? They were in Guns N' Roses. Izzy was involved in the creation of Velvet Revolver and it was his decision to leave. He still made guests appearances with VR.  Slash had him guest on his solo album.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Why would you say that? They were in Guns N' Roses. Izzy was involved in the creation of Velvet Revolver and it was his decision to leave. He still made guests appearances with VR.  Slash had him guest on his solo album.  

Because Slash said it a couple of times...

45 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

As the other person said, Slash has said that on more than one occasion. Seems weird I know. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

As the other person said, Slash has said that on more than one occasion. Seems weird I know. 

He said that a couple of times when Izzy left, most likely to promote Gilby.

He also said later that Izzy knew best how to play rhythm to his riffs. That's basically the opposite 

• Like 2

REELZ network could not have done this better.:P

The fan who made this really did a nice, high quality, accurate, time consuming project. I mean high quality in content. Yes the footage is faded, blurry, but it was from the 1980s . Someones’ camcorder.  Pulled from MTV. Nothing in the film is defamatory. Nothing like that.

Takedown crew. Ahhh, power trippers. I am still lost on that. They once even in e took down  Megan’s concert vid off her Instagram. Like excuse you, but she sleeps with the boss. 

Izzy certainly could not care  or is even aware so if he does not care to take it down, no one else should.
It is good this is still up on yt. 

Edited by Amaya

On 3/13/2021 at 11:52 PM, Free Bird said:

He said that a couple of times when Izzy left, most likely to promote Gilby.

He also said later that Izzy knew best how to play rhythm to his riffs. That's basically the opposite 

He said it more than a couple of times, and even after Gilby was out of GnR.

Apparently, reflecting back on it later, Slash appreciated how vital the interplay with Izzy was for the sound of the band.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He said it more than a couple of times, and even after Gilby was out of GnR.

Apparently, reflecting back on it later, Slash appreciated how vital the interplay with Izzy was for the sound of the band.

That was my point. But I still don’t buy that he didn't like to play with Izzy. Probably at the beginning when he wasn't used to play in a two guitar band. But they kept being in contact after Guns and collaborated on different occasions live and in the record studio. Even though they didn't release most of the stuff they did after Guns I believe they appreciated each other... at least until the reunion.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That was my point. But I still don’t buy that he didn't like to play with Izzy. Probably at the beginning when he wasn't used to play in a two guitar band. But they kept being in contact after Guns and collaborated on different occasions live and in the record studio. Even though they didn't release most of the stuff they did after Guns I believe they appreciated each other... at least until the reunion.

Like Axl said about Slash sayin' in his book the record he/Matt/Duff/Izzy did for Velvet Revolver was the best guns record.

"Politics"

If Slash liked and understood how the interplay with Izzy was important, he would have fought much harder for him on the reunion. 

So... I believe much more Slash not liking to play with Izzy than what he later wanted to sell as a original 5 advocate

2 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

Like Axl said about Slash sayin' in his book the record he/Matt/Duff/Izzy did for Velvet Revolver was the best guns record.

"Politics"

If Slash liked and understood how the interplay with Izzy was important, he would have fought much harder for him on the reunion. 

So... I believe much more Slash not liking to play with Izzy than what he later wanted to sell as a original 5 advocate

Only Slash and Izzy know the truth.