Vaccination proof?

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, except it's not poisonous. :facepalm:

Tell that to the families of the tens of thousands of people who’ve died after taking it. And the millions who’ve had serious adverse reactions including those left with life changing dIsabilities. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, cyllan said:

Tell that to the families of the tens of thousands of people who’ve died after taking it. And the millions who’ve had serious adverse reactions including those left with life changing dIsabilities. 

They don't exist.

1 hour ago, cyllan said:

Well according to UK statistics the total number of deaths due to adverse reactions to the vaccine are about 1,500 total as of a month or so ago. Now as of roughly the same time approximately 46 MILLION people had received at least one dose of vaccine so that's a chance of serious adverse reaction of 0.003%. Which bizarrely enough is about the same as the risk of toxic shock syndrome from a tampon so I assume you're a Tampax sceptic too?:lol: 

Now to compare that the risk of serious illness, life changing disability or death of catching covid for the 20-49 age group is about 0.02% or for the hard of thinking that means you're approximately 6 times more likely to die from Covid as a 20 year old than to have any serious adverse reaction to the vaccine.

TL;DR You're being rather silly and can't do maths!

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

I already explained that to him dude. He can't grasp the concept. I think you're gonna need crayons.

Someone else said that 99% of hospitalization are unvaxxed, which I countered. Also, I didn't realize UK was nearly fully double vaxxed. But keep at the personal attacks 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Someone else said that 99% of hospitalization are unvaxxed, which I countered. Also, I didn't realize UK was nearly fully double vaxxed. But keep at the personal attacks 👍

You do realise that as vaccination numbers grow, the balance will move towards "Vaxxed" people being in hospitals.

i.e: 100% of people Vaxxed? Then 100% of cases are already vaccinated... extrapolate from there.

5 minutes ago, Giblet said:

You do realise that as vaccination numbers grow, the balance will move towards "Vaxxed" people being in hospitals.

i.e: 100% of people Vaxxed? Then 100% of cases are already vaccinated... extrapolate from there.

That's got nothing to do with what I said. But I'm sure if that happen people will be pointing their fingers at people who only have had 3 jabs rather than 4 😉

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

I think in this instance it's worth the risk so people know they are talking to somebody who actually does this for a living rather than just some gobshite on the internet.

The thing is, I am not an expert on vaccine development and don't want to be taken as one. 

Still, working in a company that develops production processes for pharmaceutical manufacture and having a PhD in biotech/microbiology probably means I know a little bit more than most others on this and makes it easier for me to read the publications etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I just find it ironic that people are refusing the vaccines because "we don't know the long term effects of it yet" yet are so willing to get infected by a virus that already has exponentially proven to have way more long term effects AND deaths

I know a lot of people of all ages who had COVID. None them have long term effects 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I know a lot of people of all ages who had COVID. None them have long term effects 

Replace the word "COVID" with "Vaccines"

How many spent time in hospital taking up resources, how many were intubated. Here's a statistic for  you to look up; The survival rate of being intubated >60, and it's affect on the heart. 

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I thought the vaxxed narrative was that the vax don’t end up in hospitals. 

Vax, No-Vax nothing has changed the elderly and compromised are more likely to be hospitalized. At the same rate as if they get the flu, serious bacterial, viral infection etc

Is it the same rate? Or have you just typed that out and it sounded good to you. The vaccine is not 100% efficient, and reduces the effect of the virus. As has been shown in countless studies, even the ones posted here. Don't forget, vaccinated people are also OUT of lockdown, and therefore more likely to mingle

Edited by Giblet

54 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Well according to UK statistics the total number of deaths due to adverse reactions to the vaccine are about 1,500 total as of a month or so ago. Now as of roughly the same time approximately 46 MILLION people had received at least one dose of vaccine so that's a chance of serious adverse reaction of 0.003%. Which bizarrely enough is about the same as the risk of toxic shock syndrome from a tampon so I assume you're a Tampax sceptic too?:lol: 

Now to compare that the risk of serious illness, life changing disability or death of catching covid for the 20-49 age group is about 0.02% or for the hard of thinking that means you're approximately 6 times more likely to die from Covid as a 20 year old than to have any serious adverse reaction to the vaccine.

TL;DR You're being rather silly and can't do maths!

Serious adverse events include more than just death. Honestly, if you’re not going to bother to read what I write, why bother replying.  And the worldwide reporting mechanisms capture only a small percentage of the  damage done by these drugs; as they freely admit. 

3 minutes ago, cyllan said:

Serious adverse events include more than just death. Honestly, if you’re not going to bother to read what I write, why bother replying.  And the worldwide reporting mechanisms capture only a small percentage of the  damage done by these drugs; as they freely admit. 

You never backed it up with anything beyond "what you think".

Provided without evidence, dismissed with prejudice.

11 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I know seven people who all have long covid - all under the age of 35, all but one were in prime health. One of them is six years old.

If you're inferring that long covid doesn't exist, I can assure you it absolutely does and its fucking grim.

5 minutes ago, cyllan said:

Serious adverse events include more than just death. Honestly, if you’re not going to bother to read what I write, why bother replying. 

That is actually gloriously ironic considering that Dazey wrote about non-fatal adverse effects in his reply to you but apparently you didn't get it. Did you not "bother to read" what he wrote? :lol:

15 minutes ago, cyllan said:

How do they know it's only a "small percentage" if they don't have the rest of the data? Sounds like a quote from the "pulled it right out of my arse" school of statistics. 

19 minutes ago, cyllan said:

And the worldwide reporting mechanisms capture only a small percentage of the  damage done by these drugs; as they freely admit. 

When it comes to serious adverse effects, it is not likely that the real numbers are much higher than those reported through the UK's Yellow Card reporting system. But I welcome you to provide some evidence for your claim that such adverse effects are substantially underreported :) In fact, this fact checking suggests the numbers are lower than what is reported: FALSE: UK, US underreport COVID-19 vaccine adverse effects (rappler.com)

What is reasonably, though, is that the vast majority of such reported adverse effect has nothing to do with the vaccines but are coincidental. Correlation, not causality. For more information on the latter, read this very recent fact check by Reuters: Fact Check-Reports to UK’s Yellow Card Scheme are not confirmed side effects of coronavirus vaccines | Reuters

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

And here's a recent article from Sciencemag about the general trend among anti-vaxxers to cite numbers from adverse effect databases in an effort to scare people from taking the vaccine: Antivaccine activists use a government database on side effects to scare the public | Science | AAAS (sciencemag.org)

In short, the numbers in the databases are likely to mostly be coincidental, so the real adverse effects actually caused by the vaccines are much, much lower. And even if it turned out the numbers were correct, Dazey showed that it is still much better than the disease.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giblet said:

They don't exist.

To be fair, they do, just not in anything like the quantities anti-vaxxers would like people to believe. There are millions with adverse effects, but this can range from fatigue for a couple of hours to, and in tiny, tiny numbers, death.