Vaccination proof?

Does anyone think GNR will require proof of vaccination for any of the indoor shows? I just read where livenation was leaving it up to the artists. I’m going to the Atlantic City show for my bachelor party and a few stubborn people in my group refuse to get the vaccine. I’m wondering if I’m going to get screwed on several tickets. I bought them when they went on sale, and it still hasn’t sold out yet. I’m concerned I’m going to get stuck with several $300 tickets if they wait until a few days before to announce it. 

I don't think GNR gets to make that decision; falls to the venue and the city and state it's located in.

That being said, there's a free and easy way for your mates to make sure you don't get screwed. :)

Edited by axlslash

3 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I don't think GNR gets to make that decision; falls to the venue and the city and state it's located in.

That being said, there's a free and easy way for your mates to make sure you don't get screwed. :)

I agree. I’ll still be there, I’m just pissed about potentially getting stuck with their tickets.

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You need new friends.

Lol yeah, but unfortunately one of them is my brother. We’ve all tried our best to convince him, but it’s not gonna happen

28 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Does anyone think GNR will require proof of vaccination for any of the indoor shows? I just read where livenation was leaving it up to the artists. I’m going to the Atlantic City show for my bachelor party and a few stubborn people in my group refuse to get the vaccine. I’m wondering if I’m going to get screwed on several tickets. I bought them when they went on sale, and it still hasn’t sold out yet. I’m concerned I’m going to get stuck with several $300 tickets if they wait until a few days before to announce it. 

I got an email from ticketmaster/live nation and it said I have to have proof of being vaccinated or a negative covid test. Whether the venue will check, I have no idea. GNR will be the first concert I've been too since covid.

My concert is September 1. I can let you guys know if I was checked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I bet you know more than scientists because you read something on the internet. Yup, makes sense.

come on, scientists worked for months on something, but Coma16 found out that they were wrong - it was just about reading a random quote on the internet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I heard that Delta is hitting vaccinated people harder in the UK compared to unvaxxed. CDC also confirmed that vaxxed people can carry and spread covid (Delta) just a likely as unvaxxed. But let's carry on and not question the "science" these decisions are based off of...

Dr. Fauci was on the news today. He said 99.99% of vaccinated people who get the delta variant don't suffer any sympthoms. But the people who aren't vaccinated and get the delta variant ae the ones who are sick in the hospital and/or die.  I think because of this delta variant the whole world including the US numbers are up. Houston is making tents outside the hospital because there are not more beds.

Also Dr. Fauci said if Delta variant goes into more variants, the vaccinated people who get that variant might get sicker again.

Is he right or is he guessing? I think Dr. Fauci is learning about these variants as the rest of us. It's nothing they've seen before so it sucks.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Dr. Fauci was on the news today. He said 99.99% of vaccinated people who get the delta variant don't suffer any sympthoms. But the people who aren't vaccinated and get the delta variant ae the ones who are sick in the hospital and/or die.  I think because of this delta variant the whole world including the US numbers are up. Houston is making tents outside the hospital because there are not more beds.

Also Dr. Fauci said if Delta variant goes into more variants, the vaccinated people who get that variant might get sicker again.

Is he right or is he guessing? I think Dr. Fauci is learning about these variants as the rest of us. It's nothing they've seen before so it sucks.

This directly contradicts that UK reported that 54% for Delta deaths were fully vaccinated. But carry on...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

This directly contradicts that UK reported that 54% for Delta deaths were fully vaccinated. But carry on...

that's what I mean who's right in this?

Vaccinated people can still get delta, but aren't supposed to be very sick or need to be hospitalized.

The ones who aren't vaccinated are 99% the ones who are in the hospital and/or dying.

I just think since this virus keeps changing so quickly, most of the doctors and nurses are learning as they go, but meanwhile people younger now are getting sick and dying. This virus seems to be one step ahead of us at all times.

just for the record, for all those who read this thread NOT to talk politics, but people out there really concerned if they should spend a lotta dough, buy a ticket a year in advance in a world where rules change daily just to be told to go home at the venue door for not being vaccinated (while other so called GNR fans stand there watching) - I am holding back too.

I ain't buyin no tickets no more until it's made public / sure and official that people do not need to get vaccinated to see a gig. And don't go political on each other, boys. It ain't worth it. There are various reasons why people don't / won't / can't get vaccinated and not everybody not vaccinated believes the world is flat. Besides , all yous vaccinated ones, what are you so damn scared of? You afraid of being at the same venue as I am? Why? after all, you are vaccinated, lol

oh, and by the way, don't be surprized if you get vaccinated some time in 2021 but they won't let you get outta the house in 2022

Edited by whatashame
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Where is that stat from?

The number may actually be much higher.. I'd like to see the reports that indicate 99% of deaths are unvaxxed. I'll wait....

See bottom of slide 18

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1009243/Technical_Briefing_20.pdf

3 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

I don't want to bring it home to my kids who can't get vaccinated.

You should really stay home then. Only go out for essentials that you cannot order online. 

22 minutes ago, whatashame said:

just for the record, for all those who read this thread NOT to talk politics, but people out there really concerned if they should spend a lotta dough, buy a ticket a year in advance in a world where rules change daily just to be told to go home at the venue door for not being vaccinated (while other so called GNR fans stand there watching) - I am holding back too.

I ain't buyin no tickets no more until it's made public / sure and official that people do not need to get vaccinated to see a gig. And don't go political on each other, boys. It ain't worth it. There are various reasons why people don't / won't / can't get vaccinated and not everybody not vaccinated believes the world is flat. Besides , all yous vaccinated ones, what are you so damn scared of? You afraid of being at the same venue as I am? Why? after all, you are vaccinated, lol

oh, and by the way, don't be surprized if you get vaccinated some time in 2021 but they won't let you get outta the house in 2022

Here's what I don't understand...if you are vaccinated...what are you concerned about?   I mean if you don't want to get coronavirus and are vaccinated, then don't go.  What does other people being vaccinated have to do with you?  It's already been proven vaccinated individuals can infect other individuals as can non-vaxxed.  The vaccine is to prevent you from getting serious symptoms....you're vaccinated you are protected.  Quit worrying about what others do.

And, while I am at it, I am vaxxed, I got vaxxed the minute I could.  But, what others decided to do does not affect me and what I decide to do.  Also, this is not a discussion about whether other folks should consider getting vaccinated or not.  This is simply a query as to why you are worried about others being vaccinated if you are vaccinated?

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 4