Vaccination proof?

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Here's what I don't understand...if you are vaccinated...what are you concerned about?   I mean if you don't want to get coronavirus and are vaccinated, then don't go.  What does other people being vaccinated have to do with you?  It's already been proven vaccinated individuals can infect other individuals as can non-vaxxed.  The vaccine is to prevent you from getting serious symptoms....you're vaccinated you are protected.  Quit worrying about what others do.

And, while I am at it, I am vaxxed, I got vaxxed the minute I could.  But, what others decided to do does not affect me and what I decide to do.  Also, this is not a discussion about whether other folks should consider getting vaccinated or not.  This is simply a query as to why you are worried about others being vaccinated if you are vaccinated?

Problem is: as long as there are still too many narrow minded people who refuse the vaccine, there'll be restrictions. Yet the unvaxxed people are the ones who cry the loudest about those restrictions. It's so stupid.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

iTs jUsT ThE fLu 

I never said that. Honestly, the flu shouldn't be taken lightly- do you get your flu shot each year? It saves lives.

Do you always attact the poster instead of the argument?

Edited by Coma16

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Problem is: as long as there are still too many narrow minded people who refuse the vaccine, there'll be restrictions. Yet the unvaxxed people are the ones who cry the loudest about those restrictions. It's so stupid.

yah for sure, i'm with you on that...but the post I replied to was acting like he wouldn't get the virus if everyone was required to be vaccinated...which is why it is silly to require everyone to get vaccinated.  

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

yah for sure, i'm with you on that...but the post I replied to was acting like he wouldn't get the virus if everyone was required to be vaccinated...which is why it is silly to require everyone to get vaccinated.  

just for the record, i am the one you quoted so if you are referring to me as the one who requires everyone to get vaccinated you misunderstood my post. I did not. I do not.

28 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Here's what I don't understand...if you are vaccinated...what are you concerned about?   I mean if you don't want to get coronavirus and are vaccinated, then don't go.  What does other people being vaccinated have to do with you?  It's already been proven vaccinated individuals can infect other individuals as can non-vaxxed.  The vaccine is to prevent you from getting serious symptoms....you're vaccinated you are protected.  Quit worrying about what others do.

And there's the rub - its not me I'm concerned about - I'm vaxed - its about other people who aren't. Kids, people who can't for medical reasons, or older folk where the vaccine can only do so much.

I say this as someone that knows a previously healthy six year old who now has long covid four months on and can't walk to the other end of their garden without getting out of breath.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think it is up to the venue and not the artists. That's what some of my concert bands told me when their concerts were postponed or cancelled.

But I think the Motley Crue fest has been pushed back until 2022 because Vince is still out of shape and still can't sing let along do a stadium tour.lol

I read that Jazz Festival was canceled, and Eagles will asking vaccination proof too.

11 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

And there's the rub - its not me I'm concerned about - I'm vaxed - its about other people who aren't. Kids, people who can't for medical reasons, or older folk where the vaccine can only do so much.

I say this as someone that knows a previously healthy six year old who now has long covid four months on and can't walk to the other end of their garden without getting out of breath.

Vince is touring solo this summer actually.....

20 minutes ago, whatashame said:

just for the record, i am the one you quoted so if you are referring to me as the one who requires everyone to get vaccinated you misunderstood my post. I did not. I do not.

Right, so I re-read your post and I'm not really clear what you are concerned about?  I mean you said you aren't going to go if they require people to be vaxxed, so you aren't vaxxed and that's cool.  But, that's clearly the statement you are making b/c you aren't making any other statement lol

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

This part is completely untrue.

But as you said, people have to learn to live with it. Just like they did with the flu thats has been evolving for 100 years...

Right I’ve never gotten a flu shot. What’s the point other than big pharma $$$$$

if I get the flu I get the flu. Just gonna hope for the best. Same with COVID. Just gotta hope I fight off and my immune system is stronger because of it. 

we just gotta live our lives man!

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 3

The science doesn’t explain why no spike in Chicago after Lollapalooza. Granted there are other factors such as many  may be from other parts of the country, but still they are not seeing an unexpected spike.  
As a person who is vaxed, with his wife and son, and a daughter with previous lung issues that is not vaxed, the reward is not worth it on any level for me.

None the less, I’m watching Chicago and Sturgis out of pure curiosity.

6 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Right I’ve never gotten a flu shot. What’s the point other than big pharma $$$$$

if I get the flu I get the flu. Just gonna hope for the best. Same with COVID. Just gotta hope I fight off and my immune system is stronger because of it. 

we just gotta live our lives man!

My thoughts (and actions) exactly.

52 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Sorry to hear that but you can still get it even though you are vaccinated and it and spread it to your child. This whole thing sucks for everyone man but what can you do? It’s Mother Nature. Hopefully not a man made error of epic proportions 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

My guess is, if they require vaccination proof, they’ll also allow you in with a negative covid test if you aren’t vaccinated. So at least your money won’t be flushed down the toilet. 

But things change so often it’s difficult to determine. Why don’t you collect the ticket funds from the group that’s going? Why are you waiting till last minute? Then it becomes their problem. 

• Like 1

back to the OP question-u shoulda made it a survey to get any producitivity of out it. otherwise we r about to hit the 3rd page of shitstorm and every single pair of eyes stickin to their 2020 point of view and not a single mind changed yet this one side throwing accusations at the other one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, izzyjim said:

Nope 

Do you believe everything you read on the internet that was  "fact-checked"? I provided stats from the UK government indicating that that there are more Delta deaths from fully vaccinated compared to not vaccinated. Are you saying the UK government is lying? Can you provide a source indicating the percentages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

I hope they announce something soon so I can try to get rid of their tickets. I’m not going to be able to convince them to get vaccinated. 

Why would you have to get rid of their ticket? You bought them for them, no? They told you to buy it for them, no? Tell them how it is and let them figure it out.

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Do you believe everything you read on the internet that was  "fact-checked"? I provided stats from the UK government indicating that that there are more Delta deaths from fully vaccinated compared to not vaccinated. Are you saying the UK government is lying? Can you provide a source indicating the percentages?

Priceless answer  coming from you :)

That's from the link: According to data from the U.K., of the 257 deaths caused by the Delta variant, 92 people hadn’t been vaccinated (36%), 47 had received one dose of vaccine (18%) and 118 had received two doses (46%). Therefore, the majority of deaths (54%) were among persons who hadn’t acquired the full protection that is only provided two weeks after completing both doses of the vaccine.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I think he’s saying you misinterpreted the data, not that the government is lying. 

• Thanks 1