Vaccination proof?

12 hours ago, Coma16 said:

So you're saying that hospitalisations and deaths were higher, or lower, last summer? That is the statement I was responding to, nothing about cases.

Everything was lower last summer, including cases. You can't factor in hospitalisations and deaths and not cases. It doesn't work like that.

1 hour ago, invisible_rose said:

Everything was lower last summer, including cases. You can't factor in hospitalisations and deaths and not cases. It doesn't work like that.

Of course you can, hospitalisations and deaths are what ultimately matters, that's why restrictions are in place because ICUs can't handle the pressure. Cases (alone) mean nothing.

Cases are useful if you are comparing positively rates amongst age groups.

Plus you're the one that said "things are lower now why is that?" and I said because summertime has something to do with it, just as it did last year (without any vaccine). Keep moving the goalposts though...

Edited by Coma16

13 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Of course you can, hospitalisations and deaths are what ultimately matters, that's why restrictions are in place because ICUs can't handle the pressure. Cases (alone) mean nothing.

Cases are useful if you are comparing positively rates amongst age groups.

Plus you're the one that said "things are lower now why is that?" and I said because summertime has something to do with it, just as it did last year (without any vaccine). Keep moving the goalposts though...

If cases go up and hospitalisations and deaths remain low, the vaccination is working. That's exactly what has happened.

I won't tell anyone to go out and get vaccinated, I strongly disagree with vaccination passports and there are numerous issues around the vaccination testing (or lack thereof). But, you can't argue that it hasn't brought deaths and hospitalisations down as cases reach peak levels. 

No one has moved any goal posts. You're just incapable of analysing statistics. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

See, I don't get this at all. It's not a really "personal" question at all. They're not asking for your detailed medical history but simply evidence that you've had an injection.

It's not for everyone to understand. 

Fake papers will suffice for many.

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The reaction I got in the covid thread: Do not question orders. Do not enquire about anything. Do not have suspicions or fears. Obey official mandates without hesitation. Otherwise you are a mentally unbalanced conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxer, fuck you. 

The reaction folks in this thread get: :shrugs:

:lol:

Exactly! Shut the fuck up Cleetus! :lol: 

19 hours ago, zombux said:

come on, scientists worked for months on something, but Coma16 found out that they were wrong - it was just about reading a random quote on the internet!

thank you mygnr by take care COVID. Delta is better than the other one.

• GNFNR 1

I have tickets to Atlantic City for me and my wife. Things were still looking good and going in the right direction when I bought them couple of weeks ago.

I don't even consider going right now. We should avoid crowded indoor spaces until it's safe and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, G O A T said:

I have tickets to Atlantic City for me and my wife. Things were still looking good and going in the right direction when I bought them couple of weeks ago.

I don't even consider going right now. We should avoid crowded indoor spaces until it's safe and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

In Germany you can't attend an event without either being vaccinated, tested or if you recovered from a corona infection. Don't get why the US let's everybody in.

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

In Germany you can't attend an event without either being vaccinated, tested or if you recovered from a corona infection. Don't get why the US let's everybody in.

Yeah. And that is a good system. You have a choice (without being locked out or in whatever way putting others at risk... I'm not going to say that untested vaxxed people are the ones posing a bigger threat in that scenario). Wonder how long that will be kept up though. There is talk to change that in the fall and have people pay for tests/not let in without vaccination.

Edited by PatrickS77

I don't think it's political to require legitimate proof of vaccination to get into concerts while this deadly virus is still hanging around. If much more of the population (in the US) had been vaccinated when they were first allowed to, we wouldn't be here. People are out here denying how many people have died like this is all some big hoax. It's ignorant and pathetic. It's smart to require vaccination for events like concerts. It's all about public safety. I personally know 3 people that have had covid and here's how the conversation went...
"Hey man, I got covid."
Were you vaccinated?
"No."
Get well soon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I don't think it's political to require legitimate proof of vaccination to get into concerts while this deadly virus is still hanging around. If much more of the population (in the US) had been vaccinated when they were first allowed to, we wouldn't be here. People are out here denying how many people have died like this is all some big hoax. It's ignorant and pathetic. It's smart to require vaccination for events like concerts. It's all about public safety. I personally know 3 people that have had covid and here's how the conversation went...
"Hey man, I got covid."
Were you vaccinated?
"No."
Get well soon!

And? What's that supposed to mean? You can also get it, if you're vaccinated. The question is, did it knock them down, did they need medical care, how long did it take? The virus can be deadly. But "often" (the majority of cases?) it is not deadly. That's the point.

19 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And? What's that supposed to mean? You can also get it, if you're vaccinated. The question is, did it knock them down, did they need medical care, how long did it take? The virus can be deadly. But "often" (the majority of cases?) it is not deadly. That's the point.

Uh, you don't have a point lol

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Uh, you don't have a point lol

Uh, I'm sure I do. Once again, for the people in the back:

The virus can be deadly. But "often" (the majority of cases?) it is not deadly. That's the point.

And to make the point clearer, as for you to not chime in again, saying there is no point: If the virus would be really deadly, then everyone would die. But some don't even notice they have it, so, it is not deadly. It's only sometimes, for some people deadly. Getting it is not a death sentence.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uh, I'm sure I do. Once again, for the people in the back:

The virus can be deadly. But "often" (the majority of cases?) it is not deadly. That's the point.

And to make the point clearer, as for you to not chime in again, saying there is no point: If the virus would be really deadly, then everyone would die. But some don't even notice they have it, so, it is not deadly. It's only sometimes, for some people deadly. Getting it is not a death sentence.

Still, what is exactly the point? Playing russian roulette with a six shooter is also not deadly. Only one in six will end up shooting themselves, and not all of them will die, some of them will be saved with medical care. So it will only sometimes, for some people, be deadly. Still, if millions of people decide to play russian roulette daily, the death toll and serious physical injury toll will be catastrophic.

16 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Still, what is exactly the point? Playing russian roulette with a six shooter is also not deadly. Only one in six will end up shooting themselves, and not all of them will die, some of them will be saved with medical care. So it will only sometimes, for some people, be deadly. Still, if millions of people decide to play russian roulette daily, the death toll and serious physical injury toll will be catastrophic.

It's not even 1 in 6 though, is it? If it would be 1 in 6, then I guess I would be with you, more willing to call it a deadly virus and more in a rush. But it isn't.

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Americans have been so fortunate to have two of the most effective vaccines massively deployed very fast, and yet sheer idiocy is jeopardizing the country's (and, to an extent, humanity's) only known response to the pandemic. It is hard to watch. 

A private event requesting proof of vaccination being treated as some sort of massive personal violation, people taling about presenting fake proof of vaccination, torturing numbers to deny the correlation between vaccines and a drastic reduction in the death/cases ratio.

Just good, old fashioned, pure idiocy, paid for in deaths, by the thousands, every day. 

It seems a lot of people don't understand that just as it is their choice to not get the vaccine, it is the choice of companies/events to deny them entry if they don't have it. Still seeing people say that covid isn't deadly after the amount of people that have died from it is rather concerning.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Americans have been so fortunate to have two of the most effective vaccines massively deployed very fast, and yet sheer idiocy is jeopardizing the country's (and, to an extent, humanity's) only known response to the pandemic. It is hard to watch. 

A private event requesting proof of vaccination being treated as some sort of massive personal violation, people taling about presenting fake proof of vaccination, torturing numbers to deny the correlation between vaccines and a drastic reduction in the death/cases ratio.

Just good, old fashioned, pure idiocy, paid for in deaths, by the thousands, every day. 

americans being americans... as usual.... and thinking they are the most smart people in the entire fucking world