UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

Overall great box set.  I've listened to / watched the Ritz concert and really enjoyed that.  It's crazy to think they were sitting on this for 30 years and hadn't previously released this on CD or DVD. 

I ordered through Amazon and paid $200.  At that price, it seems well worth the price.  They included a lot of cool pictures, artwork and memorabilia that really tells a story.  While a gimmick, I especially enjoy red and blue filters you can view the artwork. 

The only drawback to the set (and this isn't the only box set guilty of this) is that as much as I'd like to read the articles and admire the artwork - it is a hassle to put everything back in place.  It seems impossible to avoid damaging the artwork taking it in and out of the plastic filter.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

No, it was in the demo, too. Izzy (if it's Izzy and not West, because I'm not 100% sure) just says it later (in the next verse, iirc).

Is there another demo? because they don't say Cunt anywhere in this one

Edited by Tom-Ass

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Is there another demo because I don't hear it in here

It says "I called your mother/she's just another/you know she's sick in the head" and then at 0:36 "she ain't special/she's just a cunt now/she's trying to give me a line"

Edited by Blackstar
  • GNFNR 1

The story of the song, according to Axl:

Axl: One year before we wrote Mr. Brownstone – actually right after our friend West Arkeen went over to get high, walked out the door, fell onto the grass, woke up in an ambulance, got out of the hospital and called up Izzy, got high again, and wrote how fucked up that could be. This is a little number called “Bad Obsession” that will be on Use Your Illusion I.  [McNichols Sports Arena, Denver, USA, July 11, 1991]

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It says "I called your mother/she's just another/you know she's sick in the head" and then at 0:36 "she ain't special/she's just a cunt now/she's trying to give me a line"

ahh... my bad.. Well atleast we can agree that it isn't Izzy's mother lol

• Haha 1

So what`s the verdict on the remastered UIY albums?

I just listened to both of them on my best B&O headphones and I thought that somehow the remastered songs are a bit of a mixed bag. They sound more "clear" but not as "full", at times drums sound almost as annoying as on Metallica`s Death Magnetic.  I hardly ever use an equalizer when listening to music, but in order to enjoy the UYI remasters I had to put the EQ to "energize" -I guess that means at B&O  bass and highs up - about 20%. In neutral setting I kind of miss the punch, warmth and energy in some songs. Anyone has similar thoughts or some experts have something enlightening to contribute?

4 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

If they filmed the complete UYI tour. Were they filmed in 35mm too?

They didn't "film" the whole UYI tour. I think only a small number of shows were shot on film, and (parts of) the Perfect Crime documentary. Most shows would probably be the quality of Saskatoon '93, and I'd be happy if they released shows in that quality, but it wouldn't be blu ray.

On 11/11/2022 at 9:26 AM, moreblack said:

We valready bought the album back in the day. Why pay for the same shit twice?

Talk was about the Ritz Blu-ray, you bought that back in the day? Ok

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They didn't "film" the whole UYI tour. I think only a small number of shows were shot on film, and (parts of) the Perfect Crime documentary. Most shows would probably be the quality of Saskatoon '93, and I'd be happy if they released shows in that quality, but it wouldn't be blu ray.

They did film the whole tour

3 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

So what`s the verdict on the remastered UIY albums?

I just listened to both of them on my best B&O headphones and I thought that somehow the remastered songs are a bit of a mixed bag. They sound more "clear" but not as "full", at times drums sound almost as annoying as on Metallica`s Death Magnetic.  I hardly ever use an equalizer when listening to music, but in order to enjoy the UYI remasters I had to put the EQ to "energize" -I guess that means at B&O  bass and highs up - about 20%. In neutral setting I kind of miss the punch, warmth and energy in some songs. Anyone has similar thoughts or some experts have something enlightening to contribute?

I didn't notice much of a difference to be honest. The new November Rain is a bit more louder and in your face. It's an interesting listen but I prefer the original version 

2 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Just got my set. Anyone else’s Blu-ray constantly freezing?

Someone else on here was having the same issue