1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought Duff didn't join until the next show, in April 1985?

That's a common misconception but we know from the KPFK interview from March 24, 1985 (a few days before the debut show at the Troubadour), that Duff was already in the band by then, and Raz Cue mentions it too in his biography.

Here's the KPFK interview: (43) 1985.03.24 - Interview with the band on KPFK (a-4-d.com)

And here's my chapter on Duff replacing Ole earlier in March 1985: (43) 03. 1984-1985 - THE BEGINNINGS (a-4-d.com)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's a common misconception but we know from the KPFK interview from March 24, 1985 (a few days before the debut show at the Troubadour), that Duff was already in the band by then, and Raz Cue mentions it too in his biography.

Here's the KPFK interview: (43) 1985.03.24 - Interview with the band on KPFK (a-4-d.com)

And here's my chapter on Duff replacing Ole earlier in March 1985: (43) 03. 1984-1985 - THE BEGINNINGS (a-4-d.com)

Completely forgot about that interview, thanks.

• Like 1

Well on the positive side, they haven’t killed each other so far, they still play music together (occasionally and with sometimes questionable quality yes, but still) and even managed to release TWO new songs (well almost new at least) and gave us the prospect there’s more to come… that’s all positive things I can say about this band at this point 

Also i think we should keep this thread alive as a kind of „on this day in GNR history“ thread. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

April 3, 1993 - Sacramento, CA

http://gnrontour.com/ notes: Axl goes off on James & Lars of Metallica for being hypocrites. Slash jams on Fleetwood Mac's 'Oh Well' during 'Double Talkin' Jive.' Before 'Used To Love Her,' Axl displays a 'Cornshucker – A Real Buttfucker' banner that a fan made. Before 'Patience,' the band has strippers bring beer onstage! The show is stopped early because Duff was knocked unconscious after being hit with a bottle of piss! 

April 3, 2014 - Porto Alegre, Brazil

GNR-em-Porto-Alegre-20141.jpg

• GNFNR 1

April 6, 2014 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

First full show with Duff since July 17, 1993

Ey-SRrj-RWQAMdv6s.jpg

April 6, 1992 - Oklahoma City, OK

Notes: A video of this show was stolen from GN'R's video crew. Axl tells the crowd they can do whatever the fuck they want with their lives before 'Live And Let Die.' During the show, Axl sings the line "Oklahoma where the wind goes sweeping down the plain," which is the title song to the play "Oklahoma."

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

April 9, 1992 - Rosemont, IL

Notes: A video of this show was stolen from GN'R's video crew. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Before 'Live And Let Die,' Axl talks about the things he said in his Rolling Stone interview about his upbringing. After 'Civil War,' Axl says that he always sees the 18-25 year old "potheads" in the audience! Before 'November Rain,' Axl says, "I'm gonna play this song like they write Spin magazine - I'm gonna blindfold myself and jerk-off and see what comes out!"

EVK60-Cy-U8-AM99-XD.jpg

April 9, 1993 - Rapid City, SD

FP5c-E2-KXEAEWtmj.jpg

April 9, 2014 - Asunción, Paraguay

Note: Duff McKagan is filling in for Tommy Stinson on bass guitar. Show's start delayed due to thunder storms.

Eyg8-Wkw-WUAAPEF7.jpg

April 9, 2016 - Las Vegas, NV (2nd Night)

a94a88001463536147-1024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

April 10, 1993 - Omaha, NE

Notes: The crowd was not very receptive to Blind Melon, prompting Shannon Hoon to point to the front row and say “If you people don’t shut up, we will be here for 45 more fucking minutes!” GN’R took stage at about 10:30 p.m. and played until about 1 a.m. At some point during GN’R’s set, Axl picks up a condom and says "I found a condom." There is some debate whether or not 'Coma' was played at this show; it most likely was.

19930410photo01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1