07/15/22 - Hanover, DE - HDI Arena

alfierose

10 minutes ago, VeeR said:

Where did you find that photo? Pretty sure this is an old photo.

Have you seen it before? Some fatass posted it on a discord group and at the same time someone mentioned it here, well even if it's real nothing is gonna happen anyway so... but it matches the description

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Why do folk dislike him? I know he struggled on a few leads and wearing the ‘top hat’ was cringey but folk really seem to hate the guy?!

Not a massive hater myself but also not a fan - I think most people found him to be insincere and more about image/celebrity rather than actually contributing.

1 minute ago, metalavenger99 said:

Have you seen it before? Some fatass posted it on a discord group and at the same time someone mentioned it here, well even if it's real nothing is gonna happen anyway so... but it matches the description

Ahh ok. Just found that photo here from 2014 http://www.vegasnews.com/111607/guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-spotted-at-mccarran-airport-in-las-vegas.html

just edited my other post as well.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

I like DJ a lot, he is such a humble guy 😊

👍

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not a massive hater myself but also not a fan - I think most people found him to be insincere and more about image/celebrity rather than actually contributing.

Fair enough - can’t say I’ve heard that although some of the water stuff was a bit cringey. He should have stayed clear of the top hat-type attire for sure though.

15 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

I like DJ a lot, he is such a humble guy 😊

Everybody always says this, but that was never my experience in the several times I met him. He was not a dick by any means or anything, but just quiet and acted sort of...disinterested. I met him under different circumstances each time so I don't really think it was ever a situational thing. Having met everyone from to 09-14 lineup, he was my second least favorite as a person. 

• Like 2

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Everybody always says this, but that was never my experience in the several times I met him. He was not a dick by any means or anything, but just quiet and acted sort of...disinterested. I met him under different circumstances each time so I don't really think it was ever a situational thing. Having met everyone from to 09-14 lineup, he was my second least favorite as a person. 

Who was the least?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Rate them all :ph34r:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I think most people found him to be insincere and more about image/celebrity rather than actually contributing.

THIS.  I thought he was ALL about image and added little or nothing to the band.  I saw them at one of the UCAP shows and he was so cringy i couldn't look at him.  He would have been a better fit in Poison.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Strong set but killed off the encore???

Looks like the Warsaw show was the one to go to on this tour. Poland also the longest show on the last euro run.

And ironically the cheapest.

set is incomplete on setlist fm i think

Coma added

Edited by kingcanyon

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Strong set but killed off the encore???

Looks like the Warsaw show was the one to go to on this tour. Poland also the longest show on the last euro run.

And ironically the cheapest.

I read some one one who was both at Warsaw and Prague said Prague was better.

But setlistwise Warsaw takes the cake.

I was at Prague and Lisbon and both were awesome but Prague felt like one of the best current era shows. Everything just clicked.

• Like 2

finished set

1. It's so easy

2. Mr Brownstone

3. Slither

4. Chinese Democracy

5. Welcome to the Jungle

6. Walk All Over You

7. Double Talkin Jive

8. Better

9. Live And Let Die

10. Estranged

11. Reckless life

12. Rocket Queen

13. You Could Be Mine

14. I Wanna be your dog

15. Absurd

16. Hard Skool

17. Shadow of your Love

18. Civil war

19. Slash Solo

20. Sweet Child

21.  November Rain

22. Wichita Lineman

23. Knocking on Heavens door

24. Nightrain

Encore

25. Coma

26. Patience

27. Don't Cry

28. Paradise city

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2022/heinz-von-heiden-arena-hanover-germany-33b2bcc1.html

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Fortus. Was staying on my floor at the Hard Rock during the 2014 residency. Very awkward dude, to the point that it was off-putting. There was one day we were both waiting for the elevator, got in and I asked him what floor he was going to. He didn’t answer me, and just turned his back to me so he was facing into the corner.

1. Bumblefoot

2. Dizzy

3. Axl

4. Tommy

5. Frank

6. Pitman

7. Ashba

8. Fortus 

Everybody through Tommy was incredibly nice. Pitman was very drunk. Ashba and Fortus impressed me considerably less. 

how was axl? and how you m,eet him?