07/15/22 - Hanover, DE - HDI Arena

alfierose

11 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Fortus. Was staying on my floor at the Hard Rock during the 2014 residency. Very awkward dude, to the point that it was off-putting. There was one day we were both waiting for the elevator, got in and I asked him what floor he was going to. He didn’t answer me, and just turned his back to me so he was facing into the corner.

1. Bumblefoot

2. Dizzy

3. Axl

4. Tommy

5. Frank

6. Pitman

7. Ashba

8. Fortus 

Everybody through Frank was incredibly nice. Pitman was very drunk. Ashba and Fortus impressed me considerably less. 

That’s just….really random 🤣

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Fortus. Was staying on my floor at the Hard Rock during the 2014 residency. Very awkward dude, to the point that it was off-putting. There was one day we were both waiting for the elevator, got in and I asked him what floor he was going to. He didn’t answer me, and just turned his back to me so he was facing into the corner.

Wow, I thought by the way he behaves during interviews and how he replies to fans on comments that he was one of the coolest 🤣, but now reading the stuff Bumble said many times and your experience at that elevator...:vomit: thanks for that insight.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Wow, I thought by the way he behaves during interviews and how he replies to fans on comments that he was one of the coolest 🤣, but now reading the stuff Bumble said many times and your experience at that elevator...:vomit: thanks for that insight.

I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking him or anything - it’s very possible that he’s normally a really nice guy. But that was my only real encounter with him and I was not left impressed. That’s all I have to go off of myself. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don’t want to sound like I’m knocking him or anything - it’s very possible that he’s normally a really nice guy. But that was my only real encounter with him and I was not left impressed. That’s all I have to go off of myself. 

I didn't really talk to him, but when I saw him backstage, he was surrounded by fans and he kept staring at nothing, like, above those people. Felt him kinda awkward and then didn't even try to approach. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

After the Philly UCAP show, almost every member of the band interacted with fans outside afterward. Bumble was by far the nicest. After being obviously in pain for most of the show and disappearing for chunks of it, he stuck around to talk to everyone until his wife (more than reasonably) forced him to go home around 2:30am. Tommy and Dizzy were wasted and got right in a van. Richard tried….but after talking to like 2 or 3 people left. He tried, I’ll give him that. But it was clearly an effort and he bailed fast. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

I find he seems like a dick the way he responds to fans comments and in his interviews.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, viktorfc said:

That was amazing. Great concert. My 30th concert and the fourth with the Big 3. The atmosphere in the stadium, the sound and the weather... everything was perfect tonight. The band is on fire. Axl's voice was great (FOS1). Surprisingly, Better was the highlight of the evening. Furthermore, Reckless Life and Shadow really rocked... Axl's voice fits the songs perfectly (like 88). Slither, Absurd and Hardskool were great too. Slash had his spot on Rocket Queen and SCOM's intro. The band and Axl really wanted to play. Coma as an encore is badass. The bass intro as well as the video screen was paranormal... kind of psycho… the number two highlight tonight. The outro of Coma...great by Axl. Highlight number three: Don’t Cry. Conclusion: Axl is far from enough…. This band is currently outstanding live. South America can come.

I never really got reckless life until I saw it live on this tour. Its actually seriously heavy live

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vloors said:

I find he seems like a dick the way he responds to fans comments and in his interviews.

tbh, Fortus was really great when I saw Gn'R live in 2012. Very talented guitar player but he seems like a cold fish to me. Don't know the guy, but something often doesn't ring true with him in interviews to me. Just speculating here, but it's like he doesn't really get much satisfaction from interacting with fans.

He seems to prefer to do his thing and to keep himself to himself and the vibe I get from him is all "business" unless it's someone he knows from his inner circle or that he already likes. Again, just talking from my ass, I still really like him in Gn'R and imo, him and Slash make a a formidable guitar duo on stage.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, Rovim said:

tbh, Fortus was really great when I saw Gn'R live in 2012. Very talented guitar player but he seems like a cold fish to me. Don't know the guy, but something often doesn't ring true with him in interviews to me. Just speculating here, but it's like he doesn't really get much satisfaction from interacting with fans.

He seems to prefer to do his thing and to keep himself to himself and the vibe I get from him is all "business" unless it's someone he knows from his inner circle or that he already likes. Again, just talking from my ass, I still really like him in Gn'R and imo, him and Slash make a a formidable guitar duo on stage.

Yeah no doubt he has great guitar skills but GNR just seems like another paid gig to him. He is not there for the love of it and has no creative output other then some parts of Better. All IMO. Seems to be offputted and smug about gnr questions but happily brags about his guitar collections or his solo/side work. 

I feel the same for Melissa it's another gig no real feelings or love for the music or GNR

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Yeah no doubt he has great guitar skills but GNR just seems like another paid gig to him. He is not there for the love of it and has no creative output other then some parts or Better. All IMO. Seems to be offputted and smug about gnr questions but happily brags about his guitar collections or his solo/side work. 

I feel the same for Melissa it's another gig no real feelings or love for the music or GNR

I think he loves playing guitar with Slash. Beyond that, I have no way of knowing how both Richard and Melissa feel about being in Gn'R.

On 7/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, Powerage5 said:

I asked him what floor he was going to. He didn’t answer me, and just turned his back to me so he was facing into the corner.

Maybe that is the origin story behind Axl's "you are either Fortus or against us" line :P

• Haha 1