09/16/22 - Ribeirão Preto, BR - Arena Eurobike

alfierose

15 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

just watched WTTJ on youtube and axl sounded like shit does anyone know if this is how axl sounded last night all together

I saw it too. His voice kinda dropped out of falsetto a couple times there. Also, that same night, I saw a few more performances on the YouTubes (including Better) where he seems to be hitting all the high notes. I wonder if Axl did any vocal warmups before the show, as his voice seemed to improve slightly over the course of the show.

2 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Never trust YouTube. 

Have been to 3 reunion shows and  Axl always kills it. 

I  see the same shows after on YouTube and do not sound the same.

Don't miss the chance to see Uncle Axl live.

This ^^^
Hearing Axl live versus YouTube is night and day different. Shows sound awesome in person 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Never trust YouTube. 

Have been to 3 reunion shows and  Axl always kills it. 

I  see the same shows after on YouTube and do not sound the same.

Don't miss the chance to see Uncle Axl live.

Thank you bye take care of us Chinese Stew. 

2 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Don’t need irony to understand that seeing this band live is a total different experience to seeing them in YouTube. 

Totally different experience. On YouTube you can watch stuff from when they were decent, live you have to suffer what it currently is. 

#axlsoundsbetteronyoutube

• Like 1

He sounds like he has consistently sounded since after 2017. If you think that's good, then it is good. If you think it's bad, then it is bad.

Imo he is very close to being done. Not as I singer in general, but the high pitched wailing is already on borrowed time. It sounds awful imo.

• Like 1

Axl sounded just like I was expecting, no rasp at all, struggling/panting in most of songs (and spitting all the time...) but at least he sounded better than rock in rio, the band had technical difficulties in it's so easy and Mr brownstone, messed up some parts

he sang part of Reckless life with his chest voice (not on purpose I think) but sounded amazing af

4tus was introduced as "Mr. jump out of his skin" — Axl frightened him while he was playing and he really thought was someone attacking, he almost fell 😂

Axl introduced slash the same way he's been doing, even mentioned Beta, McBob and other crew people this time

he tried to get the city's name right during KOHD... got close enough lol

it was a great show though, I had a really great time (he was in good mood and cracking jokes all the time 😂)

I also went to the Hotel they were yesterday and today but couldn't see any of them, only the body guards 😅

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Everybody knows phone recordings filter out rasp and add Mickey FX 

It's not that.  I think the phone recordings highlight Axl's voice (or any voices like people in the crowd talking near the microphone) more than it is in the mix.  In person, the instruments are louder so you don't hear the details of the vocals as well.  Everything combined in the live mix in person sounds good together.  When you listen to a cell phone recording the vocals stand out and therefore sound worse even though the actual voice was the same.

• Like 1

I just watched a handful of songs in 4k- Axl sounded rough, which was expected.  But the appalling part was how absolutely uninterested the rest of the band seemed.  Fortus was bouncing around as usual, but the rest seemed COMPLETELY disinterested.  Even Duff seemed completely bored.  I get it - been a long tour, everyone is getting older.  I'm glad they are giving the SA fans the love they deserve, but after the last leg, they should wrap it up.